Sign in to follow this  
dave8

Codeblue ACU

do i see right that the russians use multicam? so their equipment will work still in war? -> thought the usa will use it as nightwoodland camo ... thought wrong ...

MultiCam is currently not in use by any countries' armed forces (though it was designed for the US Army but lost to the digital pattern on the ACU), unfortunately, but I'm glad to see more MultiCam units (and good ones).  biggrin_o.gif

@Winters!

theres no desert ACU/Multicam version in real life ...

or do you mean something else

i just wondered why the usa used our desert camo ... they came in ... "OURS" ... and went out ... nothing else .. confused_o.gif

but i'm still confident with the "wüstenflecktarn" ... so no need to use ur digitalcamo ... nener.gif wannabemachines rofl.gif

Yeah, I made the textures off of the photos from Military Morons. I can't believe I forgot that type of helmet, and I will definately model and texture it the next time I have a chance.

I'm only going to be releasing, ACU units, SF Army units (desert, woodland, acu), Marines in marpat (desert and woodland) units, Force Recon units, the AAVP, the Island, and that's it. I'll ask permission to use other addons to fill in the blanks if I do want to make a campaign. I may even work with other MODs to coordinate a massive effort for a good campaign.

The units aren't Russian.. they're contracted forces with a long history behind them. Basically, the US disbanded the military of some country they're in. So then the leader of that military acts all nice to the US and basically starts up his own company of contractors, filled with his ex-SF, and offers to help the US with some hard peace-keeping operations. It is a success since the natives connect better with these men, and it keeps track of men who could end up leading insurgencies. The country becomes a lot more peaceful, the US lowers man power in the country, and the democratic government is running a little more smoothly. By this time, the contractors are being payed soundly by both the UN and the US, and they buy top of the line gear, starting with the multicam. However, trouble comes when various countries, militias, and terrorist groups against the US, offer a lot more money along with free ammunition, armor, air, support, and weapons to destablize the region and fight with the US (which those countrys will attempt to strike during the fighting). I'll save this for Armed Assault though.

The campaign I really want to do is a hypothetical war involving Israel, Iran, Hezbollah plus various other militia/terrorist groups, and the US.

I may do a strictly SF campaign for Afghanistan, and If Armed Assault has better urban fighting, I may do Iraq.

sounds nice dave8

@BeErZyMoTiC

Quote[/b] ]i just wondered why the usa used our desert camo ... they came in ... "OURS" ... and went out ... nothing else ..

but i'm still confident with the "wüstenflecktarn" ... so no need to use ur digitalcamo ... wannabemachines

what the hell are you talking about crazy_o.gifhuh.gif

lol thanks.. progress has been slow since work is picking up..

@Winters!

theres no desert ACU/Multicam version in real life ...

or do you mean something else

i mean if there's will be a desert version not specially ACU

thx for the answer m8 thumbs-up.gif

I just love your work inlove.gif

hmm

try oxygens texture merging option

it works pretty good

eg i used that on my marines

they now only use 3 textures overall

heres some pics

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....461.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....458.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....457.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....445.jpg

http://www.virtualbattlespace.info/mkporta....444.jpg

anyway if you dont really know how to use it feel free to pm me m8 smile_o.gif

Are those marines available for OFP ?

huh.gif

Sry for double posting

Halted work on ACU and multicam. Working on desert marine units now (it won't take long).

Up next: SF units in ACU, Woodland, and Desert camos. Paraclete RAV and CIRAS vests will be modeled if I have the time.

Halted work on ACU and multicam.

But why, man?

Halted doesn't mean stopped. Give the man a break.

lol i'm pretty satisfied with the ACU units and i'm going to come back to the multicam units and improve them later(since they only require minor tweakings for now). I'm thinking of basing the CIRAS vests on the multicam model's vest.. just move a few vertexes here and there and we have something similar. When I hit that phase, I'll keep working on the multicam guys. i'll work on the ACU units after i let some beta testers see them out. Desert Marpat will take no time, so no worries. Keep posted for some pictures later. I think you guys might like the SF troops when I start posting pics of them

Interesting. I was searching around for some nice fold PSDs at GhostRecon.net and found these. Did you get your ACU textures from WP33's Ghost Recon ACU pack? Namely, check out the IBA and pocket textures on these...

Wood.jpg\

As compared to yours,

acusidezy7.jpg

True?

This is the base photo I used for the mag holder

acumolletriplem4bucklebhp9.jpg

This is the texture I made from photos for the side of the IBA

intside3avz5.jpg

I hope these speak for themselves. I also hope no one grabs that IBA-side texture

As for the pockets,

Base texture with a few steps in already

pocket1ui3.jpg

End product

pocket2od3.jpg

thanks! sadly, they don't look that great ingame.. I need to wait for armed assault to pull that thing off well. Well, i basically look at some photo with the desired cloth-folds, and try to copy them with photoshop.. that's about it lol

Oh, and I like working with a base size so all the textures are properly scaled on the model (so nothing looks too sharp or etc)