Sign in to follow this  
WKK Gimbal

The tide!

It may be old news to some, but I've never noticed until I made a unit start on the beach. OFP has real tide, so the waterlevel rises and lowers depending on time of day!

The difference is almost a meter!

Oh so thats why, I placed some troops on some low ground by the water and they were in it everytime, I thought the map was wrong

As neat as that is I wish BIS had spent time adding more units than on silly things like that. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bluelaser @ Jan. 25 2002,02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As neat as that is I wish BIS had spent time adding more units than on silly things like that. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

nooooo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ Jan. 25 2002,04:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As neat as that is I wish BIS had spent time adding more units than on silly things like that. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

nooooo.<span id='postcolor'>

As much as watching the tide may be fun. I think I would get more satisfaction cutting down someone with a SAW, Harrier, Mi-28 Havoc, or some other forgotten toy. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bluelaser @ Jan. 25 2002,03:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As neat as that is I wish BIS had spent time adding more units than on silly things like that. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

nooooo.<span id='postcolor'>

As much as watching the tide may be fun. I think I would get more satisfaction cutting down someone with a SAW, Harrier, Mi-28 Havoc, or some other forgotten toy. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Don't whine. Be happy. I like it that it that realistic. They can still add the SAW --hint--hint--

I like the tide it looks much better than having solid flat water.

One thing that would make the game look stunning is trees that sway in the wind and maybe some wildlife, but these would causer thw game to lag loads

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bluelaser @ Jan. 25 2002,03:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As neat as that is I wish BIS had spent time adding more units than on silly things like that. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, that feature propably took like 30 minutes to get it working properly. As for units, it takes weeks, maybe a month to make the model with all the lod levels, textures, 1st person models etc, from the modeler... and its the programmers who do the tide stuff.