Sign in to follow this  
lee_h._oswald

Need help with Zeus CTI 1.2

Hi all.

I'm working on some cti missions, based on zeus cti 1.2

I have the same old bug, which has been discussed in the old zeus cti topic, here: Click.

During the mission, the ai commander(or the indepenent ai teams?) is building a lot of manned vehicle which seem not to be controlled by any CTI ai team.

So after 2 hours, the ai controlled base is parked full of unused but manned vehicles which brings the server down to ~4fps and makes the game client side, lag as hell.

zeusctibug.jpg

In the old zeus cti topic, Pimmelorus was working on this problem, but then no more infos.

My question is: Has this problem ever be solved?

I put hours, days and week's, working on the cti and this bug makes all the work useless.

I really hope, someone can help me.

MfG Lee sad_o.gif

There are several beta version (but very advanced, polished and with better performance than any CTI) of a Zeus CTI 1.3

Be sure to check the latest beta, while the author is working to make it even better with some new feature, you should enjoy the current latest beta a lot more than the Zeus CTI 1.2

Thx Sanctuary.

"Q" informed me about the new 1.3.

But this is complete different from 1.2 and porting my "addon heavy" missions to the new stuff, which is beta, looks like an "impossible mission".

I just want to fix that vehicle bug.

MfG Lee crazy_o.gif

Why don't you try using cleanrock's CTI? I haven't tried ZSCTI, but I really like cleanrock's. What's the difference? I don't experience that multiple manned vehicles bug you are having problems with, using crcti

I'm not trying X-CTI, because of all the work I put in this CTI.

First I used mfcti, which can get unplayable if you use a huge amount of high quality addons.(Yes, using addons in battlefield conditions, not for the photo thread wink_o.gif )

Then I read about Zeus CTI, optimized in many ways.

Ah great, let's do all the work again and put US Forces vs: Libya Forces on several maps, like Libya, Afghanistan, etc.

Then we learned that maps like afghan and Libya have some big problems in MP, they are getting extremly laggy after ~30min of gameplay..... crazy_o.gif

Ok, next try: US Forces vs. the Russian Federation.(The best chance to get ~every~ vehicle to have a CTI some sort of balanced. A lot of work...

Another hundrets of problems with the many scripts and sometimes addons which can make BIG problems in MP.

(Every addon for ArmA should be tested in MP, not only in the Editor for some cool photos..

Readme's that give you wrong weapon/ammo names.

Addons you can't de-pbo to get vehicle pics or needed weapon/ammo names from the config.

And so on.

Ok, let's find a way, another huge amount of work. crazy_o.gif

And now, after getting over all those obstacles we have a CTI where you have to fight together to have a chance against the enemy(either US or RF or PvP) which is sending troop's, apc's, tank's and helicopter's like there is no tomorrow.

As close to some sort of a war as possible.

And then?

Yes, one bug makes every work useless and the mission unplayable. yay.gif

LzZ_PnP_028k.jpg

I can understand why there are so few missions available if you have to fight like "Don Cichotte vs. the windmills" to get this shit working...

And the last thing I will do, is to port all the stuff to another CTI base which offers another amount of bugs.

Every CTI released today has some crazy stuff in it, like nukes, special vehicles that can transport battle tanks and many more useless stuff NO ONE wants to see in a realistic cti.

I don't want to fix all those nonsense AND the bugs featured in every new CTI base.

We want to play war, not Mickey Mouse bullsh**...

---

I only want to fix that bug, that vehicles are build, when they should not be build.

MfG Lee huh.gif*getting slightly mad*

Every CTI released today has some crazy stuff in it, like nukes, special vehicles that can transport battle tanks and many more useless stuff NO ONE wants to see in a realistic cti.

Well, I challenge that smile_o.gif ...... Cleanrocks CRCTI 1.0beta3 (and similar) are almost base OFPR addons but with rather impressive scripts for the proactive AI to do things like initiate their own battlefront transport relay and paradrops onto enmy targets.

Its also pretty easy to add your own addons to the system.

like i said Lee_H._Oswald, you know where to find Pim now.

Ok, I fixed the bug myself.

Tested and everything now works how it should!

Many thx to all who helped.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif*now happy*

Lee, like you, I am a fan of modifying CTIs, and could you tell me what modifications you have made to yours? or even better, could I have your modifications? Please? inlove.gif

Maybe one day, when I found some needed vehicle addons like:

- M163 Vulcan in desert and woodland camo in COMBAT! quality

- M1 and M1A1 Abrams with Inquisitors M1A2SEP quality

- MI-24 helicopter

- base defense(Anti-Tank, missile Anti-Air)

and some others...

MfG Lee

Hi Guys, Sven pointed me to this discussion.

So, indeed I am working on a v1.3 version of the zsCTI (in fact scince v1.2 release). I am happy to see that people are interested in putting new addons into zsCTI as the main objective of zsCTI v1.3 was to make it easy to put in new vehicles, even for people with very little scripting knowledge. In fact, with WGL we are currently developing a WGL conversion.

Besides a new config system, the new zsCTI will offer numerous other possibilities, such as switching of the commander role during the game, the use of CoC Unified Artillery 1.1, completely rewriten AI routines, etc.

The v1.3 zsCTI is still in beta phase, but for those who would like to check out what it will be like you are hereby invited to have a look at the ZEUS forums.

All the best,

Pimmelorus