Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

Harpoon & Crossbow v2.0 release

Ok mates this time i present you the new

Harpoon, looks nice when in use by Mapfact Divers.

And second an improved Crossbow

Fixed:

-autoreload canceled, you have to reload manualy now

-problems when picking up xbow

Added

-HE-Bolt

DOWNLOAD

harpoon2.JPG

xbow3.JPG

Yeah really a nice addon. The diver on the picture caught my attention immediately! tounge2.gif

Together with the sharks I might have  something to use it on soon.... biggrin_o.gif

Some suggestions, anyway:

I don't really like the AK iron sight view on the harpoon. Maybe completely delete it, just like the standard BIS M203 grenade launcher has no weapons optics?

Please make the harpoon much quieter, just like the MP5. So you can take out guards silently. That would be a very good use in missions.

Some work work - but possible? Defining these weapons as secondry weapons? Because you hardly would play a mission with only the harpoon. Soon you'ld run out of ammo and you only can use it over small distances.

With the harpoon as secondary weapon you'ld take out the guards at a gate, sneak in unnoticed and when it finally comes to the action use the big guns.

@Badass

You brought up some real good points.

I will remove Ironsight in next ver. and change the config so its more "silenced". But def. them as secondary weapons would make them look weird because of that handgun anim. So maybe those divers could take another primary weapon in a waterresistant pouch/bag with them?

@ALYGATOR&tankieboy

I started a P11 some time ago put didnt finished it because i didnt found firing sounds for it.

Sorry, but i didnt found my old P11 sad_o.gif

So i decided to make a new one smile_o.gif.p11ci9.jpg

I thought of carrying weapons not in a pouch but in a rucksack!  wink_o.gif

But then another problem arises: pulling the weapon out of nowhere is easy, just create a Weapon holder. But the smart player wants to put in again what he has pulled out. Since you can't add User Actions to weapons - it's a real  shame - putting weapons into the bag again becomes a pain in the a..

So I cancelled this one.

And yes, the animations might get pretty strange. I don't know anything about animations but I tried myself to build a secondary M21. Wasn't convincing at all.  whistle.gif

As to the underwater pistol: nice idea. But like the harpoon we will have to use it on land only unfortunately.

Quote[/b] ]we will have to use it on land only unfortunately

Yeah i think that is an unbustable enginelimitation.

But maybe theres away to add some more cargo to the divers. If you would create an underwater vehicle, maybe a propelled on, which could take another weapon in cargo.

Or maybe combine yourdivers with the BD sec. Riffle core

Thx for that, i think i will release an update in the next days, which fixes some ballistics and adds a new feature. Maybe ill release the P11 then, too. (If i get those f***ing Textures) smile_o.gif