Sign in to follow this  
SimonS

Not able to Make online games

I reinstalled OFP tonight , got the patch, and got the FFUR conversion mod from here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....default

As well as the other mods (Texture terrains, tree stuff )

My friend also reinstalled and got the same mods as me. I went to host and he says he can't see my server. He also tried hosting and I couldn't find his either.

Now usually, I can host a game (Well could I my old computer, this is the first OFP on this system) without mods. But granted I didn't try hosting without mods.

Could this be a mod conflict, or is it my router being a goon and not letting me host.

Do I have to open ports or configure something, normally it's pick up and play...or host.

under all circumstances you should be able to see the server. however, connecting to it (with the mission loaded) would give you an "missing addons: XXX" , and kick you from the server

Moving to MP, there are a multitude of these such threads in both MP and troubleshooting, try searching for and reading those and updating your own thread with the results. Usually it's related to both of you not having the required ports open or routers/firewalls configured correctly.

I tried fowarding a port but it still didn't allow my friend to join, either that or I did it wrong

Try switching between DirectPlay and Sockets. I had a similar propblem when hosting games to play with a friend of mine, but when I changed to DirectPlay it worked fine. What's the difference anyway?

One other possibility - if your router also acting as a dhcp server.

If so, does the IP address you are giving your friend begin with 192.168.1.x? That IP address range is not routable over the internet, it is for internal networks only.

You would need to access your router setup function using your preferred web browser, then look at your routers status page to find your true IP address - the one you received from your ISP.

That is the IP address you should pass on to your friend to use to connect to your OFP server.