Sign in to follow this  
zulu1

COG AH-1G Huey

I am posting this after doing an exhausting search of threads and I know this is an older addon, but I'm hoping some one knows of a fix. I find that this helo for the most part will fly past ANY ground units and continue to the next waypoint. Most helo's with FFAR rockets will blow the whole load as soon as they are in range...of course most miss the target xmas_o.gif I've tried every thing I found to change the config.cpp like irlock, irtarget, irscanrange, irscanground, changed min/mid/max on weapons, changed pilot senistivity and precision. Heck I even dumped the cog pilot and gunner and put in standard BIS pilot. Can any one throw me a bone on this?

TIA!

I am posting this after doing an exhausting search of threads and I know this is an older addon, but I'm hoping some one knows of a fix. I find that this helo for the most part will fly past ANY ground units and continue to the next waypoint. Most helo's with FFAR rockets will blow the whole load as soon as they are in range...of course most miss the target xmas_o.gif I've tried every thing I found to change the config.cpp like irlock, irtarget, irscanrange, irscanground, changed min/mid/max on weapons, changed pilot senistivity and precision. Heck I even dumped the cog pilot and gunner and put in standard BIS pilot. Can any one throw me a bone on this?

TIA!

If you dont want the chopper to attack anything couldnt you just give it no ammo?

He wants to achieve the exact opposite effect.

Oh my bad, I read over that a bit too quickly.

Afaik, choppers have a hard time finding infantry (if they're running by themself) on the ground, and will therefore not attack it.

Test if you have the same problem if there is a tank where the chopper flies.

Hope I helped

JW

smile_o.gif

Can any one throw me a bone on this?

TIA!

Have you tried to use weak ammo? From what I recall (I am rusty) try something like 9 damage

Quote[/b] ]Have you tried to use weak ammo? From what I recall (I am rusty) try something like 9 damage

That's about the only thing I haven't tried, but I'll give it a go. Thanks.

If anyone happens to view this in the future, I've figuerd out the problem. The original confg had this: [type=2;]. This is an amour unit. It should be either [type=3;] or [type=vAir;].

Thanks to who replied. biggrin_o.gif