Sign in to follow this  
westy159

Has Anyon Actually Found The Northern Star?

I just ran away and dodged their bullets and found the base by dumb luck...I just had an instinct it was in the direction I was going.

For most players, running away = jumping into a BMP, killing everything in sight, then running up the hill and into a BIS cutscene.

For most players, running away = jumping into a BMP, killing everything in sight, then running up the hill and into a BIS cutscene.

Well i litteraly ran.

First i ran out of that tent, then IIRC someone yelled at me so i ran around the corner of the first building i saw and layed down on the ground. There i saw 2 or so russians walking +-40m away from in safe mode towards a barn and they didnt spot me. Once they passed my i crawled away and when reached some trees i ran into the mountains and tried to find my way back to the base smile_o.gif

To be honest i didnt know that there was another way until i started reading these forums, i never wanted to risk my life and run across that base to a BMP of which i wasnt sure it was unlocked biggrin_o.gif

ACTUALLY! *SPOILER ALERT!!* You can STEAL the Hind! When the Spetz-Natz guy wants you to follow him take three steps towards him, the HAUL ASS Back to the Hind, but go around to the other side so If they do pull out there weapons quick enough, you wont get shot, just get in, Set the weapons to manual fire and take off (Mind you you have to hurry and do this while the Rotor Blades are still running from when the Pilots get out or Else they will pop an RPG up your ass) Beware of the Shilka to your west, if you can, take it out with an AT6 Missle, and if you want to, switch to rockets and just let your rockets run wild and blow everything up on the base. then just follow the Directional Compass that the vehicle has. Just look at the top of the screen and Head North :P. Easier DONE than SAID ( I know What I typed and thats what I mean)

You all pale in comparison to my escape.

At the very start of the mission, I ran behind one of the buildings instead of getting in the heli. (very difficult) Stole a Handgrenade from a truck in the base and killed an enemy soldier. Dodging bullets, I got his AK and killed all of the remaining soldiers in the base. Before the reinforcements came (soldiers and BMPs) I blew a hole in the north side of the base perimeter with grenades, and E&E'd to the south of the island.

I felt like a real hero, all right.