Sign in to follow this  
moricky

Global description.ext

Did anyone know how to define resources and dialogues in addon to universal use in any mission? If I add resource.cpp or description.ext file into my addon, it doesn't work. And I don't want to create mod with it's own resource.cpp file.

Did anyone know how to define resources and dialogues in addon to universal use in any mission? If I add resource.cpp or description.ext file into my addon, it doesn't work. And I don't want to create mod with it's own resource.cpp file.

There is no automatic way in OFP (in ArmA you'll be able to define dialogs/resources in addons).

The only way in OFP is, as you see in Addons like Hudson's/Pennywise or BWMod-Fennek. They provide a file in their PBOs that is included into the description.ext.

The end user has to create a mission and a description.ext with an include-directive:

#include <ADDON\resource.h>

like vektorboson said smile_o.gif

still i guess its quite the way it suits you - you have a pbo anyway and either you add a description.ext to your missions which only contains the include or tell the people that they should do the include job themself. smile_o.gif

One of the Operation Frenchpoint addon , the "Vigilant" observation drone is working with the same need of introducing an #include in a mission description.ext to have all its feature and control fully working.

Thank you, it's exactly what I need.