Sign in to follow this  
Auss

OFP/AA QUAD CPU SERVER

We are looking at building an Opteron dual core twin CPU server for the upcoming release of AA.

My Question (and I hope BIS can help the community out here) Does OFP and AA benefit from having this hardware as opposed to having a fast single core. I've heard that OFP has issues with dual core CPU'S in so far syncing, will AA be multithreaded?

This is a big outlay for our small community and as such we need to know what specs will be most benificial for us and indeed the AA community.

I hope BIS can shed some light as to the best set up for us to purchase so that others can follow suit

I would simply suggest to wait for Armed Assaults release, because this will be the day BIS can make definate statements regarding performance, etc.

This is the same thing I am doing right now.

I'm waiting for Armed ASsaults release and that day I'll buy my new machine so I can ensure I got the right hardware for the game.

me three, i hope i'll get 2 jobs, so that I and my brother would get much money and buy monster PC wink_o.gif

It looks like I already got one job at night time, now i need day time job wink_o.gif

There are Intel with 64bit, afaik.

surely you dont need all that power if its only a server ? i think you could save some money on the cpu and get more ram , especially if your going to hosting alot of addons.

we will be running 2 gig per CPU so 4 gig in total.

Personally, I'm going for a P5WD2 with a Socket 775 Intel Core Duo 2 processor with 4 Mbs L2 cache and 2.1 or above MHZs.

The s775 3Ghz 2x2 isn't too expensive.. The 3.4Ghz is pretty more expensive.. seems to be stupid to get that one atm tounge2.gif