Sign in to follow this  
subfreak2

plz plz help

how can i make it so when my plane lands a car will come and pick me up

Search for waypoints and triggers (and maybe syncronising)...there are a bunch of topics that explain this in more detail than I can be bothered (sorry).

Hmmm, this is probably the simplest method I can think of offhand.

*Place the car you want where you want and name it car1. Put in its init line "this setfuel 0". Give it a load waypoint where you expect the plane to land.

*Name the plane p1 and you, the player, aP. Type "this moveincargo/driver p1" in aP's init line. Place aP near the load waypoint of car1 and give him a Get In waypoint. Syncronise the Load and Get In waypoint.In the Load waypoint's Activation Line type "car1 setfuel 0".

*Give car1 a waypoint where you want it to drop you off after its picked you up.

*Now make the triggers. Make one trigger and in its Condition field type "NOT (ap in p1)". In the Activation field type "car1 setfuel 1"

*Now make a second trigger with Cond. "ap in car1". Give it "car1 setfuel 1" in the Activation field too.

NB Don't use "" in the game.

This should work. The reason I've used setfuel commands is that GetIn and load waypoints don't tend to work properly when the player is involved. Sorry I can't explain it any more simply but if you can make that it should work.

I think you don't need the setfuel thing for that.

Place the first waypoint exactly onty the jeep

(you'll see that you can't move the waypoint away

anymore), then make another waypoint to where

you want the jeep to go after.

Now create a trigger and in it's condition field type:

NOT (ap in p1) (expecting you are using the names,

MrCrispPacket suggested).

Now syncronize the trigger with the first waypoint

(the one on the jeep) and whoop it should work.

Although it's a bit unrealistic, u could make a trigger setting it to radio alpha. Then put a waypoint just infront of the car and synchronise it with the trigger, and another load where u want it to pick u up. It will then wait for the trigger to activate and move to the load waypoint. Sychronise the load to your man's get in waypoint. When you want it to drop u off, giv the car a transport unload waypoint.

To make it look good on the trigger, go to effects and at the bottom click text and write something like, "We need transport" and that will appear when in the game you radio him in!