Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

Add this

What in the h...

biggrin.gif

I want it too. Will the models from the VBS also become available for OFP players?

biggrin.gif plz

I want it

G wink.gif rgi

Yeah, damage is right, I would love to get my hands on those VBS models, but the only way to do that is to join the US Marines.

Hey look, I have 2 STARS biggrin.gif

Didn't the osprey get scrapped because it was unstable? That's what I've heard anyway. I don't think I'd want to use one.

Besides, what would the osprey do in game that the UH-60 can't? Doesn't seem like it would add much to gameplay.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Didn't the osprey get scrapped because it was unstable? That's what I've heard anyway. I don't think I'd want to use one.

Besides, what would the osprey do in game that the UH-60 can't? Doesn't seem like it would add much to gameplay.<span id='postcolor'>

Not add much to gameplay??? then a C-130 wouldnt also add much to gameplay.

i would realy love to see the osprey in OPF.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, damage is right, I would love to get my hands on those VBS models, but the only way to do that is to join the US Marines.

<span id='postcolor'>

Hey why dont you join the marines steal us a copy of vbs make countless of copys of it then send all those copys to ppl who make warez and they add them to sites from wich we will download them biggrin.gif

Osprey would be nice, but we have to remember that Russians have only TWO choppers against six USA choppers. So at first they should add more Russian choppers like Hook or different variants of Hind.

I remember when I first saw the thing, it was in Half-Life wow.gif .

That screenshot took my breath away, then I saw

the "VBS" in the corner...DOH!

Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!!!!

They absolutely have to give back to this community (and non-affiliated OFP gamers everywhere) at least some of what they are creating in VBS.

I'm almost positive that the osprey project was scrapped. It's had numerous test crashes causing at least 19 deaths. I know of at least 3 crashes.

Why add a unreliable and most likely none existant vehicle to the game? Unless maybe you said it was a stolen prototype or something. But then you'd have to make it crash within the first mission it was used to make it realistic.

I'm just not seeing why you all want it so badly. It doesn't fit into the game.

1. it wouldnt fit in the timeline, and 2. the osprey is not even finished yet! 3. the game is about the ARMY not the marines. 4. and no, it wouldnt add much too the game, we already have transport vehcles.

Osprey project is under heavy fire right now. Its reliability is questionable, and a Marine was jailed for forgery of the maintenance document to make it look good.

And the Osprey itself is not an official weapon, as far as I know. So it's not an add-on we would go after at this moment.

A data disc will be available in March/Aprill (?) that will include a ton of new addons from VBS. I expect it will contain an Osprey, a twin engined Huey (UH-1N) an AV-8B Harrier maybe an AAV and AAAV...

...or so I've heard

The Jub-Jub Bird

that data disk sounds good to me and why not add a small USMC campaign with it? but the osprey wasnt around in 1985 but the project hasn't been abandoned.

Well alot of what we'll get from the VBS data disc won't have been around in 1985. But to be fair, niether was some of the other stuff that BIS has already so kindly given us (OH-58D, Bizon and G36E).

But it would be nice to have the extra stuff, if only to muck around in.

Jubs

Just to let you all know the V-22 Osprey is still being reviewed for service, the reason being is that is VSTOL(vertical or short take off and landing) mode they have a a record of busting a vortex ring with makes the craft unstable because they lose control of the pitch inthe rotors, but if it is added it will replace countless choppers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soon2B 2nd LT @ Jan. 23 2002,15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Doesn't seem like it would add much to gameplay.<span id='postcolor'>

doesn't add much to gameplay!only the chinnok can lift veichles, think of the possibilitys 4 having an half jet half heli ferrying veichles around the maps! it would it give ppl the oppurtunity 2 launch high speed armoured assualts by sending a squadron of ospereys in fast, dropping their cargo and getting the hell out! tounge.gif

Enough NATO Vehicles. We need more USSR equipment.

Add this one:

Mi-26 HALO

Country of Origin Russia

Builder MIL

Date of Introduction 1983

Role Heavy cargo-transport

Cargo Compartment Dimensions 12 meters - Floor Length

20000 kg - Load-lifting capacity

(100+ equipped troops, armored vehicles)

Maximum speed 295 km/h

475-800 km with maximum loading

Standard Payload 20,000 kg Internal or external load

over 80 troops, 60 litters, or

2x BRDM-2 scout cars, or 2x BMDs, or

1x BMP or,

1x BTR-60/70/80 or,

1x MT-LB

Crew 5 (2x pilots, 1x navigator, 1x flight engineer, 1x loadmaster)

mi-26-ddst8708781-s.jpg

[ Click here for a larger image ]

In my opinion, an osprey would be cool. I mean who wouldn't love taking off on a runway, taking cover in some mountains by just adjusting the rotors with the [,] buttons (You know, the ones with the menu). I love flying aircraft, but there a bloody pain A$$ to land (Coming in from the correct direction to the run way, having the point up when you hit, having to be going really slow) I would just love a helicopter landing technique.

Anyways, I want an osprey that can transport vehicles. Now, the major problem I see is that when you turn the rotors back to forward, your not going fast enough and the ground says hello.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Enough NATO Vehicles. We need more USSR equipment.

Add this one:

Mi-26 HALO

Country of Origin Russia  

Builder MIL  

Date of Introduction 1983  

Role Heavy cargo-transport  

Cargo Compartment Dimensions  12 meters - Floor Length

20000 kg - Load-lifting capacity

(100+ equipped troops, armored vehicles)  

Maximum speed 295 km/h  

475-800 km with maximum loading  

Standard Payload 20,000 kg Internal or external load

over 80 troops, 60 litters, or

2x BRDM-2 scout cars, or 2x BMDs, or

1x BMP or,

1x BTR-60/70/80 or,

1x MT-LB

Crew 5 (2x pilots, 1x navigator, 1x flight engineer, 1x loadmaster) <span id='postcolor'>

An Mi26 would be cool. but how about an Mi-28 or Ka-50 too? I also hate flying the A10 and Su25 its nothing like in USAF or F/A-18.