Sign in to follow this  
Krasny

Multiplayer

idk if this has been stated before

idk means?

you have a quote for that, plz?

idk if this has been stated before, but looks like Australia is in for the "Res" side...

Been stated 20 times. It also states Soviet Union on the East side....its a placeholder.

idk means?

edit: they could of just used that flag for lack of the flag for the Southern forces.

edit2: IDK= i dont know.

Heh just confused myself....i didnt mean to spread the confusion.

idk means?

edit: but they could of just used that flag for lack of the flag for the Southern forces.

maybe i didn't make my self clear:

The pool space is kinda small and short on info.

BIS should put a box that would count all players in the pool.

when the admin pick a mission in Multiplayer he have to know how many players are in server.

im not talking about flags or sides..

Quote[/b] ]well the thought of 100 player multiplayer on the whole island is already giving me a stiffy yay.gif

how will such games be organised?

Anybody remembers/joined that 100 player 'mission' on desert island? It was some years ago, just as test and we tried to take a picture of 100 online players. Well i was there and i can tell you even with such simple objective (don't shoot...relax...form a line..don't shoot..this is a picture mission) every time one or more decided to mess it up and start a fight, resulting one by one they all started shooting.

whistle.gif Was a big wast of pool waiting those days.

Anyway, just meaning, altough 100 men missions might sound fun, it can be your worst nightmare. BUT it all depends with who you are playing. I can say i haven't had that much joy in MP since i got VBS and joined my clan (SES). All guys up and around 20-30 years and are up for good gameplay. But can't wait to do some AmrA mp, hopefully with more then the current number of players and hopefully with all motivated players wink_o.gif .

The LOL server achieved 146 connected players in total, in January 2005 .

146PayerOFPServerconnection.jpg

unplayable ofcourse..

I'm just hoping they add a fix so the exploit in cti games where buildings can be built inside other (indestructible)builds can't happen. Also we have had a lot of screen shots and video's which have been great and has kicked our community into rasing funds for a more powerful server but how about the release date on the MP demo?

I just hope that the AI in MP will be smart enough to understand the tasks of the mission.

Example: I play a CTF with 19 AI, so 20 soldiers in total. Will the AI have the possibility to capture the flag and bring it back to base, while the enemy tries to get hold of our flag and is desperately searching for our flagholder to shoot him down??? Or will they rather just run to the other camp, engaging any enemy on the way and upon arrival at the flagpole do nothing and just stand their like chickens without a head???

I ask this because in the MP-vid none of the AI seems to be using any vehicles, rather they all go on foot to seize the city. Maybe this was because the human-player was the leader, but anyway to get to the point => It would be more immersive if the AI is not only cannon-meat but really makes use of the vehicles/weapons available and acts accordingly to the goal/situation of the mission. Kinda like the AI in UT is smart enough to understand the goal of the mission and acts accordingly and at least somewhat human-like.

Maybe for some this is not a big issue, but I sometimes like to play against the AI to know the environment of the mission and know the positions of supplies. Also usefull when playing online and it's one of those days where you only meet gones and childish people on the server, ruining the gameplay of the evening.

On such moments I prefer to spend that evening playing CTF or any other type of mission against the AI. They don't shoot their own teammates, follow commands if given, don't clutter the chat-lines with crap and don't use the VOIP to speak garbage and preventing other people from understanding the commands or info given by serious players. I'm sure some, if not most of you, will understand what I talk about and have the same frustating feelings on those moments confused_o.gif .

It seems much smoke and many particles in OFP cause a heavy lag in multiplays. Do you think BIS can reduce the lag in ArmA even if a lot of smoke and particles are generated in multiplays?