Sign in to follow this  
Trueman

Lets have a closer look.

Hi,

I been following the progress of Armed Assault and found some critical points.

Let me know what u ppl think.

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

confused_o.gif

The first image is the old demo and the second image means go outside and get some air. You complain against that.

Considering the first pic is taken from a very old build of the code, i wouldnt worry about that too much.

As for the shadow flicker, anything could have caused it. And while its not very pretty, it probably wont be that noticeable in game.

Well nothings perfect but any improvment on OFP will be pretty darn close.....

i thought it is a hole in leafage

I only noticed that shadow flickering after you mentioned it, so i cant say i'm bothered about it.

The only thing that stuck out looking odd to me was the way the grass clumps stick out as they are still bright even though the ground is dark from tree shadows (at about the 45seconds mark in latest video), just doesn't look very good. But thats a small thing.

shadow flickering? LOL

just realize, that shadow is just a bitmap mapped into the ground and other objects, probably using shaders ...

then, if there is a hole in this bitmap, then even slightly changing light direction/camera direction or whatever is calculated in shader can and will effect in changing shadow effect like that ...

well, just cant imagine how you will make it better biggrin_o.gif

notworthy.gif BIS notworthy.gif ArmA

I wonder why they bother posting stuff since 60% of the boards seems to lack the concept of Alpha status.

I would not be as giving, i´d put out polished screens and retouched rendered vids, but we dont want those right?

When the game has had beta status for a while and/or a demo has been released, then you can start to compile lists of bugs/changes/requests.

Guest Ti0n3r

Heil to the alpha notworthy.gif

These kind of bugs will probably be fixed before the games goes gold.

Work

o

r

k

In

n

Progress

r

o

g

r

e

s

s

I don't know how many times it needs saying, there is really no point to these kinds of threads, if you're concerned about something send an Email: Info@bistudio.com