Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL OFP to ArmA

I see no reason why PUKF could not extend our Land Rover range to include a Land Rover 130 Rapier Carrier for RKSL, however some information and pictures are required. Is it the same model as the Battlefield Ambulance Pulse?

We do have plans to make Bedford 4 tonners and Leyland/DAF 4 tonners along with Pinzgauers. So all is good on that front.

I personally am looking to the release of OFP Turkish Union’s Faun Franziska SLT56 for towing scripts.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Is it the same model as the Battlefield Ambulance Pulse?

We do have plans to make Bedford 4 tonners and Leyland/DAF 4 tonners along with Pinzgauers. So all is good on that front.

Actually no, its the 2 seat short cab 130 Chassis with the Hi-capacity back, soft cover and frame over the loadspace.

There is a 5 seat Crewcab version with the short hi-cap back but thats fairly rare in my experience and only then used for towing the DAGGER Radar. it hardly seems worth making one as it cant carry the missile packs.

The FSB model takes 2x Tractors (Either LR101FC or later LR 127 Rapier Tractors each carrying up to 8 missiles) to tow the Launcher and the Blindfire, carrying the Targeting head in the load space below the missile cages.

The FSC model takes 3x Tractors (2x 130, 1x 110 Radio Body C3 /Bedford/Leylands) one for each trailer unit. Launcher, Blindfire and Dagger. 2 Tractors carry 8 misisels each the 110 Radiobody acts as the control vehicle if required or carries tents and operating gear etc.

As for making them towable: There is some scripts that still need doing to make them "deployable" so that they will act like a trailer when moving and with either a scripted action or user command they then are set up ready to fire. its fairly straight forward stuff but it we've just not done it yet... Bigger projects right now.

@Messiah/Tankie - I'll dig out some refence pics for you later and send you a link.

@Messiah/Tankie - I'll dig out some refence pics for you later and send you a link.

Cool.

Messy loves making Land Rovers. biggrin_o.gif

I seen no problem if made passing them to you for your release.

Wow you guys don't do things by halves do you? It takes a degree of effort to make top quality looking addons like you have done already. But it takes a whole new level of awesomness to create something with functional and tactical value within the OFP sphere. Hope you guys get enough support helpwise. I'd help out but I'm very basic at texturing and I'm only good at sound editing.

We are going to try and create\release each addon sequentialy, where possible. Feedback from other addon and mission makers will go a long way to making this system usefull, to as many people as possible.

Most of it is work we already have on the go, the rest is still experimental. But with Armed Assault on the horizon, things can only get better.

Quote[/b] ]I know it's very early to be talking about such things, but do you intend to make this information sharing/threat designation/response capability usable by the AI?

The AI on a local level will be catered for. Just the day to day stuff like landing on carriers,CAP's and operating SAM sites e.t.c The AI making strategic decisions, is the final goal. Well at least providing as many functions and techniques as possible to help anyone who wants to try scripting a strategic AI.

You seems to be very serious and professionell. Your plan looks very good and I hope to be able to enjoy as many of your addons as possible. biggrin_o.gif

as far as im aware the current design doesnt have that bit sticking out of the port side of ur addon:

comparison.jpg

but still, nice work

Guest RKSL-Rock
as far as im aware the current design doesnt have that bit sticking out of the port side of ur addon:

but still, nice work

You mean like this?

cvf-model-oct04-3.jpgcvf-model-oct04-4.jpg

I chose to use the 2004 layout becuase its a compromise between the STOVL and CTOL deck layouts.  Why?  Well if the RN & MoD elect for the E-2D Hawkeye for the RN's AEW platform then thats what the MoD are "currently" saying will have to be the deck format. With atleast 1 (electromagnetic?)catapult to handle the E-2s since they cant handle the take off loads using the "ski-jump".

I believe thats the default BIS water with dxdll active.

Hehe, I'm gonna be working on that carrier in a few years. smile_o.gif Good to see the Harrier still taking shape well.

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>PLEASE NOTE: All the shots shown in this post are early ALPHAs.  They do NOT represent the final model or textures and are presented here for information only.</span>

Click the images for a the full size version.

RKSL_PR_JCA_1_th.jpg

RKSL_PR_JCA_2_th.jpg

RKSL_PR_C17_1_th.jpg

RKSL_PR_C17_2_th.jpg

RKSL_PR_C17_3_th.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL_PR_EFA_1_th.jpg

RKSL_PR_EFA_2_th.jpg

RKSL_PR_PRED_1_th.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock
Wow, simply amazing!  notworthy.gif Which version of the JSF is it? J-35B?

JCA = F-35B with British bits on it assuming we dont drop out because the US deny us access to the source code.

Ok, thanks for the info.. amazing how you create models in such a short time. It takes me as a beginning modeller more than 10 days for small changes tounge2.gif Btw JCA looks like a raptor from C&C Generals with the red colors wink_o.gif

Very nice.

Bit early to ask however I assume the Globemaster will have cargo scripts?

102 fully-equipped troops will make for some drop!

Looking forward to playing with 99 Squadron RAF!

99sqnc17.gif

78,108 kg able to carry. I was wondering what these loads would be as in vehicles?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Very nice.

Bit early to ask however I assume the Globemaster will have cargo scripts?

Yes it will have full cargo scripts.  BUT there are still some issues with the existing 'enhanced' version of BAS cargo system.  It is very early days and if it doesn’t make it into OFP hopefully ArmA will give us some more options.

102 fully-equipped troops will make for some drop!

Assuming the current OFP limits wont be stretched that far: you may not see more than 60 per plane due to 'lag' issues and engine limits. sad_o.gif

78,108 kg able to carry. I was wondering what these loads would be as in vehicles?

Well, what will be supported will depend on the final cargo script system.  But what ever happens we'll try our best to make it as flexible as possible.  But it goes without saying we'll make sure UKF vehicles are supported.

What ever happened to hardrocks typhoon? that was looking sweet (so does yours) also what happened to ACES?

Not a clue on both counts.

Models look awesome mate. Very happy seeing Typhoon and the Globemaster.

Is the space between the canopy and the lift-fan on the JCA really that close? Doesn't look like it has much room to hinge the canopy on. Or does the canopy not hinge backwards?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Is the space between the canopy and the lift-fan on the JCA really that close? Doesn't look like it has much room to hinge the canopy on. Or does the canopy not hinge backwards?

The space between the doors and the canopy is really that close about 75mm judging from the mockup i saw at Warton last year.

The canopy actually hinges from the front, the reverse of a norm. Its the same for all 3 models apparently. Only the Protoypes were different.

That explains my confuzzlement then. smile_o.gif

Have you planned the load-outs for the JCA or the Typhoon yet? Both aircraft are capable of both Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground combat right?

Guest RKSL-Rock
That explains my confuzzlement then. smile_o.gif

Have you planned the load-outs for the JCA or the Typhoon yet? Both aircraft are capable of both Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground combat right?

The JCA is still a bit of a grey area where UK armaments are concerned due to the software issue but I'm going with the JCA white paper from 2005 which sets the baseline system.  The exact mix of ordinance isnt known right now so it will be more guess work than fact for the moment:

JCA - Air to Air

AIM-9 Sidewinder (ext only*)

AIM-132 ASRAAM (ext only*)

AIM-120 AMRAAM

METEOR AAM (ext only*)

Ext 25mm Gun Pod**

JCA - Air-to-Ground

General Purpose 1000lb bomb

Paveway II

Paveway II Enhanced

Paveway III

BL.755

Stormshadow (ext only)

Brimstone (ext only*)

UK JDAM ***

AGM-65 Maverick

ALARM

CRV-7

* The internal bays arent wired for current IR/IIR missiles and some of the later hybrid guidence systems.  The missile's seeker heads need to be able to 'see' the target.  The current JSF/JCA sensor suite isnt capable of passing data to the current stock missiles.

** The JCA/F-35B does not have an internal gun.

*** UK JDAM - I dont know what its called but BAES confirmed that a UK equivalent to JDAM was in devleopment in 2005.  Its in the 1000lb class to fit inside the internal bays for the JCA/F-35B.  The -B version's bays were shortened to save on weight and alter the CofG.  This means that the 2000lb class JDAM and Paveway bombs can only be carried externally.

Eurofighter F.2 Typhoon.

I've been lucky enough to get given a photocopy of the 'proposed' loadout sheets by a collegue.    There are 12 A4 sheets each with 2 loadouts - some are minor variations on classic single role loadout while others are full swing role fits. You'll forgive me if i dont list all the possible configs, but to do so would take alot of time i dont have right now.

F.2 Typhoon - Air to Air

AIM-9 Sidewinder

AIM-132 ASRAAM

AIM-120 AMRAAM

METEOR AAM

Int 27mm Cannon****

F.2 Typhoon - Air-to-Ground

General Purpose 1000lb bomb

Paveway II

Paveway II Enhanced

Paveway III

BL.755

Stormshadow

Brimstone

UK JDAM

AGM-65 Maverick

ALARM

CRV-7

AGM-84 Harpoon

Sea Eagle

F.2 Typhoon - RECCE

RAPTOR Equivalent (subject to scripting)

**** The internal cannon is only fitted to RAF Tranche 1 (first 127) F.2 aircraft. Tranche 2 aircraft will not be fitted with the cannon but may retain the ability to fit one internally.

The T.1 Twin seat does not have an internal cannon fitted at all and cannot support one.