Sign in to follow this  
Blanco

Play OFP with voice recognition software

My wife would slaughter me if I started talking to my computer. nener.gif

She tools on me enough as it is.

Coool! .. i remeber playing Homeworld RTS with game commander long time ago and it was sweet. I´ve got Shoot to try it with OFP and it works great! except for one thing..., whenever i shout the SQUAD commad..., the action menu ( the one you get by clicking mouse wheel ) opens ! , instead of selecting all the soldiers ... it just opens the action menu. à rechecked that the SQUAD command was asocicated to the ´ KEY , that´s exactly who it should be ... but somehow it just opens that menu. Any ideas ? thx..

There was a topic about shoot some time ago in addons discussion http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....d+voice

I was trying to make a config for useing shoot with GB Hand signals system but i can't remember now if i've ever finished it but i think i haven't as my mic broke down. But making your own config for shoot is very easy. I'll look if i finished mine when i'm back home. Anyway i think commanding a squad with voice command is much easier and gives more fun than by all those 1-0 keys and menus. It would be nice if arma had such a way of commanding built in.

[edit]

I've found it. But the current version of HS is a bit uncomfortable to be used with shoot because after every command you say you must wait untill next dialog shows up and your character completes animation. GeneralBarron announced that he's working on a new version in which there will be some fixes that are Shoot-friendly. The first is queing orders (so you can say the whole order at once) and the second is possibility to bind (thanks to Fwatch) a whole order sequences to one key (and the key can be binded to one voice command).

Anyway here's my config for current version of shoot. And one more thing. Open the config (even with notepad) and check what are the exact phrases for every command because i made them a bit different than in original dialogs.

HS Shoot config

[/edit]

Coool! .. i remeber playing Homeworld RTS with game commander long time ago and it was sweet. I´ve got Shoot to try it with OFP and it works great! except for one thing..., whenever i shout the SQUAD commad..., the action menu ( the one you get by clicking mouse wheel ) opens ! , instead of selecting all the soldiers ... it just opens the action menu. à rechecked that the SQUAD command was asocicated to the ´ KEY , that´s exactly who it should be ... but somehow it just opens that menu. Any ideas ? thx..

No idea. I just tried it and it doesn't react to squad command in game (it doesn't open the action menu either), but when i try it in shoot, it works! Help guys, it's one of vital commands. help.gif

Maybe the action menu is activated in your profile by a shout that sounds like "squad!"?

Can't you retrain in shoot? Maybe use "All" instead of "squad"

I edited the profile, put another word instead of "squad", and i get the same thing. It works in shoot, but not in the game.

I edited the profile, put another word instead of "squad", and i get the same thing. It works in shoot, but not in the game.

I've exactly the same prob ! ... i even tried changing the "squad" command for a "platoon" command..., retrained the soft , and the same thing happens, it just opens the actino menu. And also as Kernriver says.., the program do recognize correctly the phrase.

I had this too smile_o.gif.

then i realised , that if you dont pause between command.

i.e squad pause tum tem tum mount pause vehicle .........

but instead say in flowing sentence , squad mount m1a1 anywhere.

it works fine. smile_o.gif hope it does for all

try exiting shoot while ingame then running it again.......then speak

it worked for me as i had some problems as well....like when i speak 2......the command would select 3......etc.

Quote[/b] ]it worked for me as i had some problems as well....like when i speak 2......the command would select 3......etc.

Try to use headphones, maybe the BG sounds/speech confuses the shoot program. Recognision is better in Game commander, no problems at all with that.

It's a pity you can't add a combination of commands like :

- hold fire + collumn formation + behavior aware

(I always use this combination to move unseen in group)

You can bind the 8 & 1 key or 3 & 2 key but the problem is that OFP deselects your units...damn... sad_o.gif

It's a pity you can't add a combination of commands like :

- hold fire + collumn formation + behavior aware

(I always use this combination to move unseen in group)

You could do it by binding a key (using fwatch) to execute a script that makes this.

edit

I made a quick example showing how it should work. You need for this fwatch to be run. In the zip you have a simple mission with one simple script and a one-entry config for shoot. In the mission when you press 'o' (or say 'stealth' while running shoot with attached config) your men will change formation and hold fire.

Example

Kegety's great fwatch on OFP.INFO

hehe, crazy idea, but very good biggrin_o.gif

edit :

Nice find but it doesn't really solve the deselecting problem. In the script everybody will form that formation & change his behaviour. You lose the freedom to select your units... in fact I can do exactly the same without Fwatch.

At least I know I can in GC, because I can add a pauze between 2 commands,dunno u can do the same in shoot

Like this :

Quote[/b] ]

Ë› + 8 + 1 + Ë› +3 + 2

Ë› = select all units in the group

+ = pauze

8-1 = collumn formation

3-2 = hold fire

Anyway, it's a interesting idea to combine shoot with fwatch wink_o.gif

hehe, crazy idea, but very good biggrin_o.gif

I take it for a compliment smile_o.gif

edit :

Nice find but it doesn't really solve the deselecting problem.In the script everybody will form that formation & change his behaviour. You lose the freedom to select your units... in fact I can do exactly the same without Fwatch.

Unfortunately true. One solution i see here is binding in fwatch some keys for adding units from your squad to an aray on which the script would be executed (instead of 'foreach units group player' it should be 'foreach arrayname' ). I think fwatch recognizes combination of pressed keys so it could be shift+1, shift +2 etc (and pressing shift+1 would result in executing a following command: _array_of_selected_units = _array_of_selected_units + unit_one_name). And when you have a key for adding/removing every unit in your group to such an array you can define a phrase in shoot to be recognized to press shift+1 etc smile_o.gif (the whole thing above is have to be done because IIRC there is no scripting command for checking which units are selected by F1-F12)

The second solution is to wait for a new version of GeneralBarron's Hand signals system notworthy.gif . As I said before it is to have some nice features that are shoot friendly (queing orders and binding queues of orders to one key). And for selecting problem HS introduces the idea to give orders to whole fireteams instead of single soldiers (which is much more realistic and comfortable IMO). whistle.gif

At least I know I can in GC, because I can add a pauze between 2 commands,dunno u can do the same in shoot

Like this :

Quote[/b] ]

Ë› + 8 + 1 + Ë› 3 + 2

Ë› = select all units in the group

+ = pauze

8-1 = collumn formation

3-2 = hold fire

I am not aware of if you can have a pause in shoot... so i had to do by fwatch and an external script... smile_o.gif

Anyway, it's a interesting idea to combine shoot with fwatch wink_o.gif

I think there is still a lot of potential in this idea. I hope someone with skils better than me will look into it. icon_rolleyes.gif