Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Eversmann

Sgt Eversmann's SWAT Units V2

The units are certainly awesome! But i have a problem with them...They dont have backs...i mean the torso element of the model is absent, i had the same with the 1st version...Does anybody have the same problem? What's wrong?

I see some textures there made by Willec, how come hes not mentioned in credits list ?

how come there is no "credits" part in your readme at all ?

theres just "Thanks to" part, does that means that you made all textures and models alone and ppl from "Thanks to" part were only helping you ?

i wrote to you in pm about that yesterday, but it looks like you dont feel like doing anything about that ?

can i ask why ?

my faith in this community honesty is now nonexistant.

TCP_Testdog.pbo addon in use ?

well yeah...its not compatilble? Should i delete it or i can do somthin else?

delete it or remove it from your active mod folder. I have absolutely no clue why that bug appears...

So I can take whatever I like from this addon now and that's ok right? Right? Ok?

Maybe you asked to use them and I don't remember. I doubt it though.

Look at the DMA Euro readme for how you should add credits.

Here I'll save you some time.

Quote[/b] ] All models included with this release are in mlod format. I chose not to binarize them so that they can be edited, modified, updated etc without people having to ask for the mlod versions. You also do not need to ask permission to edit and release a new addon made from these. I am also including the UV maps for easier texture creation. (don't mention using textures anywhere in here).

There are  only 3 things I ask if you create a new addon using these units or parts of these units.

1. You just add a credit line in the readme crediting Williec and DMA

2. If you start a thread in the BIS forum you state right away where the base unit came from.

3. You seriously consider releasing the final release in mlod format as well.

Williec

If you took them from the any of the Toyota Wars addons, then you could have at least looked in the readme and asked to use them as in those readmes I go into great detail who made what and where I got some things from AND what I made form scratch... ie most everything.

I feel like a hypocrite bitching since I used some faces in the dma work from another game and some photo references I didn't shoot, so I'll stop now, but FFS you should have asked any feckin' way.

<edit> Nice units BTW. Are the pics correct? Are the units different heights? <edit>

<edit2> Here is DMA readme from the recent addons. All had the same lines.<edit2>

Quote[/b] ]

Unit Models and textures: Williec/BIS

Heads: Llauma

Hands: Our Weapons

Hip pouch: Ironsight

Tanker Helmet: RHS

Faces: KumaWar/Williec

Configs: Williec, Honchoblack

Testing: Williec, Honchoblack, DMA Testing team

Scripts: Offtime

Sounds: Novalogic

DISCLAIMER

==========

This is not an official addon. Williec, DMA and BIS take no responsibility for any damage this addon may cause.

Requirements:

=============

OFP: Resistance 1.96

JAM 3

Overview

========

This pack contains a large variety of Chadian Soldiers to be used with the Libya map

They are seperated into a variety of groups in the editor. These groups are under West/DMA Chad Soldiers.

Permission

==========

You do NOT have the right to modify and re-release any part of these units in any shape or form without express written consent.

They may NOT be used in a replacement mod.

They may NOT be released or modified for VBS.

They may NOT be modified for any sort of commercial or governmental use.

They may NOT be modified for use

Copyrights

==========

All included models, textures, scripts, sounds and configs are copyright of the creators above.

I would have said ok, as people were nice enough to give Honcho or I permission to use small parts of their work for the DMA work.

When Bambi updated his Black Ops to v1.01, he implemented a patch that fixed the conflict with tcp_testdog(Here). Perhaps you could check it out? The dog would actually go really great with these units, so a patch like Bambi's would be excellent.

Anyways, great units. These guys vs SRK's Robbers/Terrorists is a lot of fun. Without the patches they make awesome US SF Operators too.

Williec I never asked you, I asked offtime and he said orignial model is from you...but I forgot that somehow so I'm sorry. I took offtimes grom soldiers.

I'm sorry, I should learn how to right readmes huh.gif

I don't have a problem if you use any content as long as you give credit. I know, sometimes you can't remember every person you asked for sth...

argh

sad_o.gif

Whats the fooking difference between credit and thanks to...

I often said that I can't make stuff from scratch...

I mean, you can be bitchy precise and say, "Oh he just thanks us, he doesn'T give credit" crazy_o.gif

I mean, I forgot someone ok, sry...but I named every other one...

if you don't like the readme, write a new one...I have atm no time to write a new one...and even if, you would find sth which doesn'T fit you and the you mess around.

I don't know, I mean we don't make profit out of this stuff here, and I would be please when I even know, "hey, he used my pocket, cool"...it's just a name...I'm happy when I know it and at least I don't care how fooking famous I am.

I created this addon to have fun, and I released it that others have fun. AND I NAMED YOU IN THE README sad_o.gif

maybe I should stop addonmaking...or should make them just for private use. banghead.gif

happy terror-hunting mad_o.gif

When Bambi updated his Black Ops to v1.01, he implemented a patch that fixed the conflict with tcp_testdog(Here). Perhaps you could check it out? The dog would actually go really great with these units, so a patch like Bambi's would be excellent.

Anyways, great units. These guys vs SRK's Robbers/Terrorists is a lot of fun. Without the patches they make awesome US SF Operators too.

wasn't that just the handgun fix?

Nah, the handgun fix was separate.

From his release thread:

Quote[/b] ]**Edit: The TCP_Testdog will no longer conflict with the blackops using the v1.01 version and the collision problems have also been removed.

No idea what he did, but it worked.

I guess it would be the better idea if someone finally fixes the darn dog tounge2.gif

that tcp_testdog thing is the strangest thing in the world.

And yeah, I was using the wrong path for the textures, in the readme the path is a little off. All better now, thx 8)

edit- Where to find SRK robbers/terrorists? couldn't find it ofp.info ...

They were only released in a thread on the ofp.info forums(Here).

They're a really great counterpart to SWAT/Cops/etc.

Williec I never asked you, I asked offtime and he said orignial model is from you...but I forgot that somehow so I'm sorry. I took offtimes grom soldiers.

I'm sorry, I should learn how to right readmes huh.gif

ok, you used Offtimes units.

Your angry at me now?

crazy_o.gif

erm someone got a clue why these mates have all the same facetexture?

I even modified the config, used DLEM's as reference but still...(and DLEM's is working biggrin_o.gif )

The heads are not defined as osobnost. At least the first one I looked at.

Try redefining them as a first try.

If they use LLAUMA'S head models, defining them as OSOBNOST wont help, as they don't use the default BIS face textures, and they'll turn out all warped. The OSOBNOST selection maps the BIS face textures, and as such, with LLAUMA'S heads not using the default mapping nature (which in my opinion they should so CUSTOM FACES WOULD WORK - enough about that), they simply shouldn't be defined as OSOBNOST.

To get LLAUMA's heads to work, you need to have the correct init eventhandler setup - don't know the details, so you'll have to consult the relevent documentation.

ah thank you mate I guess thats it...

thumbs-up.gif

yup thats it.

Hope that I can release the update tomorrow.

With proper readme wink_o.gif

Jackal you're wrong... wink_o.gif

I added them to obothingy selection and all works fine whistle.gif

Whats the fooking difference between credit and thanks to...

I often said that I can't make stuff from scratch...

I mean, you can be bitchy precise and say, "Oh he just thanks us, he doesn'T give credit" crazy_o.gif

(...)

Come on, don't be childish. It doesn't matter how you phrase, it matters who you're gonna put in the readme. Nobody says you should stop addonmaking. They're just asking that you spend 5 minutes thinking whose intelectual property you have used and put it down in the readme. Your little effort to honor somebody's else labour. How does those 5 minutes compare to all the hours spent on creating those addons?

PS. Rhethorical question, please don't answer. wink_o.gif

no not at you, sry...at Offtime -.-

your angry at me ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? !

dude...

hint: change the damn thing, rerelease it, and we will forget the whole case

Hey Sarge!!!..... thought I'd just pop in here and say  nener.gif or  xmas_o.gif  but it's not Christmas time. Well, you don't know me (or the screenname) welcome.gif obviously, cuz I'm new around here, but I've been spying these boards for ..ahah 5 years for addons and missions pistols.gif, tips and tricks thumbs-up.gif ...and I still don't even know what that emoticon is...what's a tup? anyways, awesome addon, even if it took me awhile to get it to work whistle.gif ...just don't wanna see the great notworthy.gif  addon maker take a beaten  pistols.gifthreadjacked.gif ..well at least not like this goodnight.gif ..off to the games!

---IceFLYER