Sign in to follow this  
Twinke Masta

Project 941 Akula Ver 1.2

thanks for correcting me... actually I'm glad I'm wrong, because it means a lot of people are doing their research properly!!! biggrin_o.gif

but my question again: what is the size of the sub we can see on the pictures? it looks as big as that aircraft carrier (an add-on that I do not recognize, so I do not know how big that ship is either)

it's all looking great! keep up the good work!

what is the size of the sub we can see on the pictures? it looks as big as that aircraft carrier (an add-on that I do not recognize, so I do not know how big that ship is either)

Admiral Kuznetsov - 306m

Project 941 - 172m

I suspect the CV is a little under scale (not much but), cuz I'm pretty sure I scaled the 941 to exactly 170 meters.

I also wanted to ask if you plan on having sailors on this sub, not tank crew. Perhaps ask Laser to help you with that. You don't really need that many models: Captain, Officers and crew. It would be nice to have them in summer and winter uniform also. Any thoughts on that yet?

I thought this sub was near complet a week or 2 ago, how much more do you have to finish?

I think i am going to do an aircraft first biggrin_o.gif

I'd be happy if someone would make a Tu 106 - White Swan , It is a russian long distance "bomber" armed with XA-41 missiles ( i believe) and these missiles beat the crap out of everything they hit.

What about walking inside the ship? You made that possible? (While moving) If not please contact me and we can talk about it.  nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]Wow that is awesome! Reminds of the submarine in "The Hunt for Red October" somehow. Which ish good ^^

That's probably because it is the sub from Hunt for Red October.

Quote[/b] ]from what I understand this is an Akula class submarine. and Akula class is a hunter-killer sub, designed to search and destroy enemy subs... NOT to launch any "sea-to-land-guided missiles" (or whatever you call those, cruise missiles ) so if we want a sub that would launch those missiles these guys who did an amazing job at this sub, would need to make us more and different kinds... at least if you want to make realistic mod... and it would be very stupid to have a russian sub shoot american cruise missiles (tomahawks)

By the way, just about every attack sub (SSN/SSK) is able to fire SLCMs. It used to be that they were adapted to fire horizontally from the torpedo tubes, but the latest versions, particularly western types (688i, Seawolf, Virginia, etc) have horizontal tubes. The SSGN (Oscar class, etc), a type designed to specifically fire cruise missiles, is an eastern phenomenon, though current eastern SSNs and SSKs do carry SLCMs.

Also, attack subs ('hunter/killers'wink_o.gif aren't exclusively designed to hunt subs. In fact, they descend from a lineage that was actually unable to engage other submarines. Nowadays, that's only part of the role of an attack sub. Long range strike is most certainly a major modern tasking, as well as the destruction of surface targets (military and civil) which has always been the primary role of the submarine.

The SSBN or 'boomer' (like this Typhoon) is an entirely different animal.

What about walking inside the ship? You made that possible? (While moving) If not please contact me and we can talk about it. nener.gif

i don't think so yet, but you can ask Gnat crazy_o.giftounge2.gifsmile_o.gif

walking inside a vehicle while moving isn't possible (afaik)

but it would be nice to have the get in/get out positions inside the sub, just like on Gnat's frigates where you get out on the helideck. beautifull sub btw, I admire your texture work smile_o.gif

should doesn't mean is.

and while no news from Twinke Masta, discussion about this release for ofp or arma is over tounge2.gif

ok new chance....

is there any possibility to finish this amazing addon for ofp? ONLY this one, no others. Maybe as a little present to the community.

To developer: Think about it and take your time. But it would be very nice smile_o.gif

hey sorry guys for the ultra late reply but if anyone wants to release for ArmA i am ok with it smile_o.gif

Does that mean no release for OFP? There are still a few of us around who'd love to see this beast in the waters of Nogova!

hey sorry guys for the ultra late reply but if anyone wants to release for ArmA i am ok with it  smile_o.gif

Cool !

Thanks Twinke Masta. I'll organise asap.

I'll see if I can do the OFP version also.

Awesome!!

Just a thought, but would it be possible to walk around the command deck if there was a seperate interior model somewhere on the map? Not the best solution, but it could be hidden away somewhere. ArmA maps are quite big.

If it's not too much extra work for you Gnat, an OFP version would be greatly appreciated. I can't tear myself away from old faithful OFP!

I think I saw a screenshot of this sub in your Arma navy thread? Is that right?

I think I saw a screenshot of this sub in your Arma navy thread? Is that right?

Yep, about page 16