Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

24 msiion help

hi guys am making a 24 tester mission to show people how the flashpoint game engine could be used to make a 24 campain the only problem is i would like to know how to make inmission cutscenes with people talking. kidof like the beginning of the first resistance mission where your on the bus and the camera moves as the action is happening allover the island. i was wondering if there was any tutorials on how to create this anywhere online?

Yeh, on OFPEC, which is down at the moment. Should be back up in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile you can work on the rest of the mission. smile_o.gif

Depbo some BIS missions and see for your self. I think they are mostly made with scripts.

thanks alot guys ill try these out. the missions are gonna have alot of cutscenes as 24 the program has aloot of them initself but i think that a campain may be very possible just need a good plot(whic i have got and it ties into the series) i have made some very good missions for the SG mod but still dont no how to do cutscenes whic they need. ill check out ofpec when the get upanrnning again. if all goes to plan ill post the mission sumwhere to see wht people think.

how do you creat them in the editor i mean without scripting any tutorials on that?

You can create basic cutscenes with the triggers: go to Effects, and find Camera section, there you'll find some effects and camera positions.

Dude, I strongly recommending you to begin with some research and testing and so on of a mission editor, and do not post here for every small, TOTALLY BASIC thing you're encountering; you're even still in the starting block, and you want us to push you every step you could make on your journey. It'll not work on such way, beleive me.

I also strongly recomend that you actually learn scripted cutscenes. Nobody likes trigger-based cutscenes. Making a heavy cutscene-based campaign with triggers is just... crazy_o.gif

yeah i learned how to do them scripted now its much better. but i cant work out how to put text in the cutscenes other than having a convo script tht has sidechat, worldchat and groupchat

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

titleText ["blahblahblahblah", "plain"]

or

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

titleText ["blahblahblahblah", "plain down"]