Sign in to follow this  
mp_phonix

ORCS animation

Hi !

I downloaded ORCS ICP_anim addon, but how do i use those animations ? thumbs-up.gif

It's static anims,mate.Try to use them for screens.Write in trigger,waypoint or init line "this switchmove "icpanim12" " (example) and this'll do the job.

It's static anims,mate.Try to use them for screens.Write in trigger,waypoint or init line "this switchmove "icpanim12" " (example) and this'll do the job.

it dosent work sad_o.gif

Remember to name the unit.

Say the unit is called 'bob', the text in the initline would be:

bob switchmove "nameofanimation"

ok tnx smile_o.gif, but what animations are they ? where do i find the names ?

Well I don't have them myself, but check the readme.

thats the problem, the readme dosent have them . .damn what do you have to do to get some animations working ? mad_o.gifmad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Well, if the readme doesn't have them and nobody bothers to post them, I'm afraid that you'll have to open the .pbo. WinPBO is a good tool for this, if you don't have it, or anything to unpack the .pbo, search for it in ofp.info...

Once you've opened it, check the config.cpp, it should have a list... I'm too tired to check it now, but it's not the .rtm file name you want but the classname thingy (class blahblahblah, such as class icp_anim23 or similar)... hmmm if you don't find it I'll let others explain it better.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

You guys are all drunk.

ICP anims are a set of moving animations to be used in game with ORCs/ICP addons, eg, RF MI, Crew, etc. They are similar in context to Sanctuary's replacement moves.

To use them, however, it is necessary to change the config of a unit, by adding a cfgmoves line (or changing it if it is already present - I haven't got it on me atm, but it's fairly easy to do).

There are moves for the following units:

Soldier

RPG Soldier

Snipers

RTOs

Grenadiers

Machine Gunners

Be aware that these moves are optimised for ICP units ONLY, and can be used (properly) with ICP weapons ONLY (unless you've modified them, like me, to use RHS AND ICP units - FacePlant rules!wink_o.gif

Static animations my ass.  icon_rolleyes.gif

tnx for the reply, but how do i change the cfgmoves lines and where do i change it ?

The change is in the config.cpp file. The line... I'll get around to it tomorrow. Sorry mate. The addons are really good, but they don't work too well in non-ICP units with non-ICP weapons (unless you've done some work on them).

Okay I got the pack and judging by the readme you need to unPbo both your original ORCS units and the corresponding Pbo (so icp_inf : icp_ainf).

1-UnPbo the icp_ainf

2-UnPbo the icp_inf in your addons folder.

3-Overwrite the config file in the icp_inf with the one in icp_ainf.

4-Make the folder back into Pbo and put it back in your addons folder.

5-Enjoy the new anims.

I haven't tested it but that should work.

@Cameron

Sorry mate I haven't used these anims before and I thought they would be static, no need for the attitude.

Sorry - got a little bit worked up there myself. I'll throw up some screens of them if someone wants to see what they look like.

Cameron always seems to be a bit jumpy wink_o.gif

Okay I got the pack and judging by the readme you need to unPbo both your original ORCS units and the corresponding Pbo (so icp_inf : icp_ainf).

1-UnPbo the icp_ainf

2-UnPbo the icp_inf in your addons folder.

3-Overwrite the config file in the icp_inf with the one in icp_ainf.

4-Make the folder back into Pbo and put it back in your addons folder.

5-Enjoy the new anims.

I haven't tested it but that should work.

@Cameron

Sorry mate I haven't used these anims before and I thought they would be static, no need for the attitude.

What do you mean by "icp_inf and icp_ainf" ? the file that i have is icp_anim . .

ORCS released an update putting their animations on their units. He's talking about that. They can be added onto ANY unit via the addon you have.

Well. if i want to add the anims to the RHS infantry, how do I do it ? huh.gif

What do you mean by  "icp_inf and icp_ainf" ? the file that i have is icp_anim . .

Well the file that I downloaded had 3 Pbos: icp_anims, icp_ainf and icp_anav.

ICP_anims should go into Res/Addons and the other two contain config files that when Unpboed should replace the config in the original units.

As for RHS troops with the anims I have no idea, Cameron seems to be your man there.