Sign in to follow this  
d3nn16

MP Briefing

Hi,

I have already posted this topic on Operaton Flashpoint > MP Missions by mistake (so admins can delete it).

I'd like to have only a M16 available for west side players in briefing ammo pool and only a AK74 for east side players.

How do I do that ? (same question for mags)

Why don't you just use the init line of the units if there's nothing to choose from anyway?

<s>And yeah addMagazinePool and addWeaponPool commands might work if you use the locally on the team leaders.</s> Mmm nope.

Why dont you just assign all units a loadout in theire initfield?

If you want west to only be able to select M16 and handgrenades and east only to be able to select AK74 and handgrenades you can do this:

In the west soldiers initfield you put:

removeallweapons this;this addmagazine "m16";this addmagazine "m16";this addmagazine "m16";this addmagazine "m16";this addmagazine "m16";this addmagazine "m16";this addmagazine "m16";this addmagazine "m16";this addmagazine "m16";this addmagazine "m16";this addweapon "m16"

and the same for east soldiers but AK74.

After you have done that you add handgrenades as the only selectable loadout in the description.ext. This way both sides start with theire type of weapon and magazines and then they can choose the amount of handgrenades they want. I assume this is what you wanted. I dont think there is any way to give one side one weapon pool and the other side another weapon pool the way you can give them different briefings. If you have the energy you could create a dialog that pops up when the mission starts where you can select loadout. You could also steal the one from CRCTI its a good one  wink_o.gif

I think using this way make the briefing weapons pool false, because of the order of loading part and script in MP.

What about using the init.sqs file instead of init line. Don't know...

If anyone can solve this problem, it will be a good thing.

Quote[/b] ]

I dont think there is any way to give one side one weapon pool and the other side another weapon pool the way you can give them different briefings

So you say it is not possible to have 2 ammo pools in briefing for each side. The menu would be a good idea but lot of work for a detail.