Sign in to follow this  
DLEM

ACU soldiers

Looking good, comrade!

Glad someone likes my lil APC Crew too (the helmet is from Combat's! crew - full credits to them notworthy.gif )

Bucketman - Woodland vests with ACU gear is a sign of an undersupplied unit. All vests are ACU from now on.

CameronMcDonald

thanks

tomorow will doing interceptor for crew

I don't understand, DLEM

- the crew and soldiers are already wearing Interceptor armour! How do you mean to update them?

this is not interceptor  wink_o.gif

this is USMC body armor "FSBE AAV"

Woah - so are you going to put Interceptor armour on the infantry as well? As far as I know, US Army troops don't have a habit of using Marine armour!

Sorry for being such a pest, just doing my job. wink_o.gif

I can dress on this units any vest what I want)

recon vest, but without straps, has not had time to make

rec3fb.jpg

rec17tx.jpg

Hi Dlem,great work on the units but i have to point out some things:

As a lot of people already pointed out,they should all wear the new ACU version of the interceptor with more pals webbing than the older woodland/3 color desert/ Coyote brown one.

The aav body armor you have on them was a part of the fsbe kitand was only used by marine force recons from something like 1999/2000 to 2004/2005 and have been replaced by the CIRAS land version in coyote brown,as a part of the fsbe 2 kit.

They also all should wear the ACH,i dont remember seing any pic of a soldier with a pasgt with an acu cover.

If by recon teams you mean Army Special forces,For a Direct Acton setup They should have the Eagle Ciras maritime version body armor in MJK (tan) color,and if some guys have TC 2000 without cover and some others have TC 2002 also without cover it will be fine.

A peltor comtac headset would also look good.

Then again really great work on the soldiers,and the patern seem to be dead on. xmas_o.gif

i will doing this version interceptor

armor&vest-army-intercepter-1.jpg

and recon use this vest

vest-RRSV-3.jpg

@ DLEM: Yes,that' s the version of the interceptor im talking about,your tank crew and infantry should use it,none of your units should use the aav,if you want to stay close to reality.

And as i said above,if by recon you mean Army special forces,they use a variety of plate carrier such as eagle rhodesian recon vest (the vest you modeled), SO tech Callahan...and body armors (the ciras maritime version,also known as RBAV,replaced the Spear balcs and the Paraclete RAV,but i think some RAVs must still be used).

ok

thank you for information

@ DLEM: Yes,that' s the version of the interceptor im talking about,your tank crew and infantry should use it,none of your units should use the aav,if you want to stay close to reality.

And as i said above,if by recon you mean Army special forces,they use a variety of plate carrier such as eagle rhodesian recon vest (the vest you modeled), SO tech Callahan...and body armors (the ciras maritime version,also known as RBAV,replaced the Spear balcs and the Paraclete RAV,but i think some RAVs must still be used).

Wow you really appear to know your body armour wow_o.gif

@ DLEM: No problem,if it can make the addon better welcome.gif .

@ Shasman: It isn' t even mine rofl.gif ,i only own an rav.

"your body armour" as in all the body armour you know about wink_o.gif

Hey, DLEM!

Any further progress on these awsome units?

Thanks mate - this will help make my version look way better! I've been looking for such a patch all over - my previous version sucks: biggrin_o.gif

US MI

Steele - they have been released, look under "101st Airborne" in A&D: Complete.

Hehe no problem man, and actually that is why I posted that, as I wasn't sure if it was actually DLEMs or just your retexture of the patch, but a scanned one looks better smile_o.gif

Tell you what buddy, do you have the ACU pocket with the flag and with the 1ID patch on them? Could you do the same with them? I'd be eternally grateful!

hey guys,

just got my IEF deployment ACU's.

contrary to popular belief - there are, in fact, a few variations of the uniform. a green, an all-purpose, and a more tannish desert type.

I have two of the variations myself, and I'd be glad to scan them in if anybody would like a close up view.

Hey mate - could you check my post above? I need BIG pictures of the unit patches on the shoulders, in EricJ's format if possible (vertical).

Also, I'm interested! I thought the pale green-y kinda one was Generation I ACU, and phased out by the tan-y kind.