Sign in to follow this  
startrektng74

my ctf flag isnt respawning

i made my ctf based on the template that comes with the flashpoint game. i have a small problem though. wen the flag is dropped by a player it will not respawn it stays where it was dropped. i know there is a way to get it to respawn after a certian amout of time. i dont know how though. can anyone help me here.

i just need the command / code / script that makes the flag respawn after its been dropped. im guessing its a trigger but what do i tell this trigger to do?

Search for Chris' OFP Script Editor. I believe it has a program for creating respawns.

Search for Chris' OFP Script Editor. I believe it has a program for creating respawns.

hmm it does ?

its has a description.ext wizard tool in it where you can setup player respawns but thats got fook all to do with getting a flag back on a pole once the owner of the flag has died and its lay on the floor for say 30 seconds

getting men an vehicles to respawn is NOT a problem. getting the flag to go back to its starting position after its been dropped is.

sad_o.gif

getting men an vehicles to respawn is NOT a problem. getting the flag to go back to its starting position after its been dropped is.

sad_o.gif

i just said that now your just spamming :P

maybe open up a ctf mission that you know works and have a poke around see if you can find how the flags work

i just did but couldn't find the answer as there was no scripts to do it

maybe it was in init fields in the mission .sqm tho cos i didn't check there very well

well i have a mission that has a flag that respawns. im pretty sure its one of the triggers. i just dont know witch one it is. i am very new to this so a lot of the on activaction information used for triggers i dont fully understand. i was hopeing someone out there did or could point me in the right direction.

help.gif

ok an update.

i have been going through this template i got from the Zeus ppl. they have a pack of templates on the website.

here is the website to get the templates:

http://www.ofp-zeus.com/

they are in the downloads section and made by Pimmelorus

i found this in one of the scripts

#FlagReturn

?(local Server):ZEUS_WFlagRun = true;PublicVariable "ZEUS_WFlagRun"

ZEUS_WFlagInSafezone = false

Wflag SetFlagSide WEST

Wflag setFlagOwner objNull

hint format ["West's Flag \n has been returned"]

Goto "start"

#FlagReturn

?(local Server):ZEUS_EFlagrun = true; PublicVariable "ZEUS_EFlagrun"

ZEUS_EFlagInSafezone = false

EFlag SetFlagSide East

hint format ["East's Flag \n has been returned"]

EFlag setFlagOwner objNull  

---

how do i use this. i mean i could prolly find a way to make this into a script but where would i exec it at. a trigger? and if in a trigger what would bee the command line. [this] exec "scriptsname.sqs"?

the reason i can not use the templates is cause of all the things im NOT supposed to change in them. an this ctf mission is for a GI Joe vs Cobra mission. so you can see i would need to change lots of things like the score names from east to cobra an west to gi joe an so on. can someone plz help me with this?

Quote[/b] ]the reason i can not use the templates is cause of all the things im NOT supposed to change in them. an this ctf mission is for a GI Joe vs Cobra mission. so you can see i would need to change lots of things like the score names from east to cobra an west to gi joe an so on. can someone plz help me with this?

So just change the messages. What's there, like 4 different messages to change, briefing and maybe make two flag textures if you like. Just DON'T touch the variable names (like westscore, eastscore etc), only messages like TitleText["West scores!","PLAIN"], change to TitleText["TeamX scores!","PLAIN"].

well while that is a solution, one that i am curretnly working on. it is not what i really wanted...i wanted to know how it was done so i could duplicate it. but that is fine.

thanks everyone for your posts an your help.

see yall in the funny papers.

tounge2.gif

ok here is this mission i am werking on. it wont need any addons i have made sure to remove them all.

the flag is not respawning for me. if anyone wants to test it out an see what i am doing wrong it would bee much appreciated.

i uploaded it to rapidshare. here is the download link:

Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/15943004/Nogova_CTF_v0.01.noe.zip.html

it is in pbo format so you will need to unpbo it beefore you can edit it.

thank you

BumbleBee