Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

ACU/M16A4 or BDU/M16A2...

The new camo is not developed as eyecandy. One most important task was to give the soldier a better protection from being spotted at night with nightvision goggles. There is a dramatic difference between BDU and ACU when you look at them trough NVG, but you have to see it for youreself.

My suggestion is two-fold, first of all I totally agree with having all regular infantry within the mod be given ACU and perhaps M16A4's/M4's.

But also I believe the Black Op unit/s should be given BDU's plus M4A1 SOPMOD varients.

The reason behind the second suggestion lies in the fact that, Gastovsky the Black Ops team lead during the "Cold War Crisis" campaign has the rank of Commander, and as anyone with any knowledge of US Military rank structure would know.This rank in question is specific to the US Navy. Thus it is highly likely that Gastovsky is in fact a SEAL (in my opinion it is highly likely that he is a member of Team Six/DEVGRU.)

Which in turn brings on the reason why they'd be wearing BDU over ACU, as from my understanding SEAL's won't be using ACU (I am led to believe that they are considering using something else entirely, possibly Crye Precision Multicam.)

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]that ACU really sticks out, it looks like winter camo to me. Surely your not going to use these as the default BIS soldiers? Even if you improved them, it still would stick out.

ACU soldiers won't replace BDU ones, as already said, they will be represented as an addition to the US side.

Quote[/b] ]If you do use the ACUpat I hope you can use Nut's, they are great.

I'd be glad to use'em but we can't implementing'em because they use Llauma heads and our BDU soldiers don't (In order to keep BIS characters).

Quote[/b] ]A big problem in OFP that I see with this camo pattern is its reflective properties. If you were to look at it in a dark or at least not well lit room the ACU looks dark greenish, perferct for the dark jungles or greener areas. But as soon as you flick on the lights the brown and tan become way more noticable and the greens and darker tones become less visable.

Indeed, that's why we prefered to keep BDU soldiers as replacements to BIS US guys.

Quote[/b] ]Looks similar but a bit bright compared to this pic

Will work with STGN in order to adjust the pattern color.

Quote[/b] ]But also I believe the Black Op unit/s should be given BDU's plus M4A1 SOPMOD varients.

BlackOp units won't be changed to ACU or BDU but they'll keep wearing the black battle dress they have now (which in addition, looks like to Navy seals black uniform).

Thanks everyone for the informations, we'll come up with a couple of shots of the enhanced version of the ACU ASAP.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Take a look at the screenshots Mr. Reality posted in the FFUR release thread. VBS1 ACU pattern shows that it is possible in ofp.

Take a look at the screenshots Mr. Reality posted in the FFUR release thread. VBS1 ACU pattern shows that it is possible in ofp.

Updated Textures

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

You should also change the helmet worn by the US infantry in your modern mod if possible. The K-pot is being phased out and replaced by the ACH/MICH.

You should also change the helmet worn by the US infantry in your modern mod if possible. The K-pot is being phased out and replaced by the ACH/MICH.

They visually don't look that different from each other even if ACH/MICH helmets are better.

Btw, New update (Fixed the pattern color and a bunch of other things...).

Regards

Thunderbird84

Your acu is comming along nicely. However I still think its a little too bright.

Have you tried using an olive drab like color for the darker areas and a tan for the lighter?

And in the future will you be using Lluama's head models?? No doubt they look allot better than the standard ofp ones.

Quote[/b] ]And in the future will you be using Lluama's head models?? No doubt they look allot better than the standard ofp ones.

Speaking of which, someone said in the FFUR thread they will change the main BIS faces like David Armstrongs etc faces into the same model as Llaumas so the main charachters of the campaign have nice looking heads.

Is that still happening or have you decided not to.

Quote[/b] ]Your acu is comming along nicely. However I still think its a little too bright.

'will use Real photos as textures in order to make'em the most authentic possible within the next incoming days.

Quote[/b] ]Is that still happening or have you decided not to.

As far as I know, Lottek is working on converting BIS faces to llauma architecture, we can't say if we'd implement'em or not because of the lack of time that might delay the whole project, if they'd be released within the upcoming days then it would be great! otherwise we'd be forced to keep BIS heads (which don't look that bad, though, heh).

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84