Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

OFPL Lechistan, Object Pack i PKP 1.0

Hi,

first of all I want to say I'm really happy finally seeing another train model smile_o.gif

Then @ Arne:

Yes, it's and AEF problem and we couldn't fix it. You can experience the same problem on Phoenix Island and I couldn''t solve it, although I placed tracks completly new.

To the lag-problem:

I have much experience with our trains and it never lagged. I even recorded with Fraps and a running train.

Either it's the problem with the tank itself or perhaps some difficulties with the model-classes, although I don't know much about it.

But it's no script problem... The train will simply crash until lags would appear.

So it has to be a conflict with some other addons, which where released AFTER our train, because nobody told us before.

Until...

I replaced the p3d model of the tracks with nothing. That is the problem, but, no trains, sadly. Does anyone want to take a look at the track model and see if anything there is a problem?

Alright, I'm back. Had a great time, drank a lot of good Czech beer. wink_o.gif

Do you remember which models exactly cause the problem? The straight/curve/inter- section?

Not sure - all I did was remove all three p3d's of the tracks and now it runs like it should. I'll have another look and see which section it is.

czecs ag_smith biggrin_o.gif your object is very good notworthy.gif but make you later with your team more object for example more sign beacuse i wish more polish sign and i have try myself make more sign but has not functioned banghead.gif i hope you write back bye

More signs like for example what? There're like 30 diffferent signs in the pack. I'm glad you like it, but I don't think we're gonna expand this addon, at least not until ARMA arrives. I mean, I could carry on working on this addon forever, but I have to move on to finish my other projects. wink_o.gif

Agent Smith

- fairly sure it's the straight and level tracks causing the problem... I can't find a way around this. I just can't understand why this is happening! Especially on a monster machine like mine! Ack! yay.gif

I'll try to remake that model from scratch and see what's gonna happen. It's very weird indeed.

hi for example I meant that i wish that you more polish signs make because I have tried however have not functioned sad_o.gif. I have a new sign made from a15 from config.cpp, znaki.hpp with "zd" lista znaków.txt and in "zd" and i have then again packed up and had not functioned sad_o.gif can you me help? dzieki bye

As I said before, I'm NOT going to make anymore signs. There are enough tutorials lying around, that you can easily learn how to make them on your own. Thank you for understanding.

Any luck, maestro? If not, could you please consider a trainless version? (or at least tell me which p3d files I need to overwrite in order to remove the train stations in the addon?)

This is really a nice island, very well done. There are lots of villages and town, and has all regular ofp islands lack. Maybe adding some rivers to cross would be nice...

Good job to all that worked on this one !

Malick

Edit: I have just found the bus stop ad... tounge2.gif

Not, yet. I've spent only 20 minutes last night trying to solve it so far, though. Don't worry, I won't forget about it. I just have plenty of RL stuff keeping me busy ATM. sad_o.gif

There's good news and there's bad news.

I've found a walkaround for the AEF train-related lag problem. The bad news is that it renders the track useless, because the train will not follow the track anymore. The railoroads would be nothing more than an eyecandy. sad_o.gif

I'll try to see if I can fix that as well, but I'm running short of ideas. If any of you AEF guys read this and you want to help me with it, feel free to send me a PM. whistle.gif

Edit: Sorry for posting twice in a row, but I though it might be worth bumping this topic so somebody actually reads this post. icon_rolleyes.gif

Interesting, could you say what is causing the problem?

Also I think I've found another easter egg, the R.I.P. Silent War Mod gravestone. smile_o.gif

Alright, after a lot of experimenting I have found out that once I remove class = house named property from the model, the lag is gone. However, as I said before, if I do that, the train scripting can't recognize track positions anymore. I assume nearestObject command requires that named property to be set in order to function properly...

Any ideas?

Also I think I've found another easter egg, the R.I.P. Silent War Mod gravestone. smile_o.gif
tounge2.gif

Yeah, I thought about it. That's what I'm going to try out later tonight.

Edit: can't clasify it as a road, though. This would cause AI cars to drive on the tracks. crazy_o.gif

Edit2: tried the following so far:

house - tracks work - lag

bush - tracks don't work - no lag

remove class property at all - tracks don't work - no lag

Also I'm interested about the parking lot texture on the island, but for some reason I can't seem to find it anywhere in the island .pbo nor in any of the required addons, a bit of help please?

It's in AGS Buildings Pack.

Try to looking in ags_build/grnd/, there a couple different variations in that folder.

Hmm interesting..I will have a bash at it as well.

Thanks for still trying ag_smith thumbs-up.gif

I came at it from a different angle.

I switched off object shadow. I then drove around for 20mins in a Tank and got no lag.

I then jumped in a plane, becasue that is when you really start to notice the hiccup effect. It was there but no where near as bad as it has been, in fact you could live with it. I then placed a gamelogic down and setfog to 0.1. It almost reduced the hiccup effect to nothing, only slightly noticable when flying on external view, the higher i flew the less noticable even the small amount that was there became.

So, maybe you might look at removing the shadow lod from the model and see what that does? Other then that I can see why it would stutter if every track section is classed as a house biggrin_o.gif

But damm this island rocks yay.gif

This is getting even more weird... I'll try looking into disabling shadow for track objects. Thanks for the tip.