Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Wilco's Destroyed BRDM-2 Pack

Well having worked on most of the wheeled vehicles in ofp to male them blance out I can activate the proxies for ya with no problem you can release it on your own. Having crewed humvees and BRDM2s know know and hate both of em pretty well. I'll slide ya the vodnik if you dare to make trashed versions of it.. But thats kinda a bit off in the distant future as scripts are being a pain in MP. Can also elimate addon dependicey issues if neded, I just cannot do textures. =P

I can steal parts off the other BRDM-2 I retired to impliment a feew neat things in the wreck pack. Got lot sof pics of destroyed vehicles if needed from everything from 50 cal up to 500 lgbs. I tend to shovel the target vehicles up off the gunnery range. Some wrecks where too cool looking to scrap.

Looks rader interesting smile_o.gif

It would be nice if you could add an open or semi-open hatch, and some rubble where the wheels should be to represent the burned wheels, I know that you said above that you haven't mastered O2 yet, but maybe by trying little things like that you'll turn up to be the best modeler God put in this planet, you never know.

Oh, BTW, if the wheels are not there, like it is now, you could use the textures to make it look less bare, like adding burnt marks around the areas of the wheels, and something to make it look more messed up in the insides where the wheels supose to be.

The windows can be affected by the fire too, so maybe some change on the texture around them could do aswell.

You could make that one look alot better just by adding stuff in the textures, and without needing of remodeling anything.

Good work so far.

Regards.

@CERO.

@ wilco: nice work, look at this:

btr60.jpg

btr80w.jpg

both are conversions fromm AA, maybe they give you some suggestions

Wow, thanks alot, I can look at that now and check out what i need to add.

I also need to figure out how to put shadows on the damn thing tounge2.gif

they all look great and i wish there were more wrecks like this around looks great on the battlefield

also i think on one of the wrecks you should still allow the player to mount a gun or something thats if it has one i havent used the BRDM in a long time

but like on the BAS blackhawks it would of been great if the destoryed model still had the machine gun hanging out the side to mount and fire

good work

Update: Got an idea of what to do after seeing the AA models.

brdmb6uu.jpg

Hows it looking?

Needs more blackish and more redish. bust to use actual photos of rust to make rust textures. or use photos of real burned out armour(any would work) for the burned/rusted areas..

also modeling in a impact hole and some hull deforming do to weaking structure might add a little more to effect.

also the AA model is of the BTR-60.. wich has a slightly heavier armour/structure.. but it does look alot better so far.

That is a texture of rust, but I can dim the color of it.

If I may suggest: dim it more in the centre, than on the edges (advancing rust effect).

yeah dim the centre might help

also just realized. you need to remove the glass from the windows.

Looking much much beter.

Some burned textures on the wheels to simulate what is left of the tyres would be nice too.

And like darkelf78 sugested, some impact damage of some sort would make it look more realistic, that fire started for a reason, some kind of weapon hit it, and then it started burning. If you make a little video clip in your head of what happaned to this BRDM, what was hit with, was it direct hit? or did it burnt from being near a big explosion, etc. That should help you to decide and realize what you can and would like to add to the textures and maybe what model changes you can do to make it more realistic.

Go ahead like that, is looking great.

Regards.

@CERO.

There is an impact on the lower left side near the wheel well, about halfway in the middle that shows the hole.  I still gotta get some updated shots of the texture dimming.

Problem with the glass is that there is no interior in order to keep the poly rate down. Its much easier to leave the windows in than to take them out and add an interior.

A small update with the textures on the burnt one.

brdmb25ef.jpg

brdmb31bk.jpg

This shot shows the entrance hole to the BRDM.

Much better. One of the best destroyed textures I've seen on an OFP addon. smile_o.gif

I agree about the interior. Perhaps you could just add a few cracks on the window? If not - no problem.

Haha, yeah I need to figure out how to get shadows on it, anyone mind filling me in?

It also doesn't form to hillsides or slopes, how do I get it to do that?

Daniel @ Dec. 17 2005,12:16)]Much better. One of the best destroyed textures I've seen on an OFP addon. smile_o.gif

I agree about the interior. Perhaps you could just add a few cracks on the window? If not - no problem.

Sure I can do that, I'm aiming for a nice small addon to add realism and not break down a persons frame rate so they can use it on a range of PC's.

Quote[/b] ]

Haha, yeah I need to figure out how to get shadows on it, anyone mind filling me in?

You can get shadows in O2 by going to Window>Named Properties, then right click in the properties box and write in "lodnoshadow" with a value of 1 for every resolution LOD that isn't the shadow LOD. You need to have a resolution LOD of relatively low face count to be the shadow LOD (in this LOD, you just leave the named properties blank).

The second question escapes me, I'm not sure how to do that.

Select the piece of model that has to be aligned with ground (not the whole model!wink_o.gif. Ctrl+E to bring up vertex properties, select 'Keep height', OK.