Sign in to follow this  
harley 3 1185

UAZ 3741

For a while now I've been pottering around the islands with the UAZ 3741, by MaHI/IaK. It's probably the easiest to steer (with a mouse, woe is me) and most practical vehicle I have in my addons folder. I want to know if it will ever be updated? Would the real authors of this mini-van come forward and bask in the applause? And hopefully spruce it up a bit smile_o.gif?

Harley

Yeah, Russian side is still missing some good UAZs.

Actually I've read, long, long ago, that Spetsnaz Mod was planning to do one, but I don't know if they ever started working on it huh.gif

And if not...then maybe it's a good thing to consider doing next? wink_o.gif

Agree 100%....I really love this little van ( I wonder if I would be able to get one in real life....anybody know if they are still current issue?)

Only problem I have with this addon though is that when I have it fully loaded up with my troops and the enemy starts shooting at it I get a CTD......not sure if thats a problem with the addon or something at my end. Anybody else used this van and had the same problem?

Otherwise....top notch

just googled it and came up with this nice little document

uaz3741

I really like the flat bed version.......I am just imagining a mission in OFP driving around delivering groceries in one.......it makes a change from just shooting people.

Oh yeah dude got to russia theyre all over the place i shit ye not ive been in one they were using it as a minibus

Great little addon, but it caused a lot of of CTDs for me when it was destroyed - I suspect there is a faulty or missing damaged LOD...

Wow, I never realised that this little van was so well loved. Someone ought to repaint it white and put a "53" on it smile_o.gif.

Anyone know the authors of it? Are/were they active on this forum?

Think I fixred the addon never got a responce from the creator when I sent him the repaired addon back. I've since then updated it a few times as it was getting dated. Not sure I rember what caused the crashing when destroyed.

yes its around can't release without ok from msker though, I dislike my projects being tampered with without permission. Had reworked it after devwork on a UAZ pack. Mostly for personal use and it looked dated around upgraded UAZs. and other soviet wheeled units had sent fixed copy to the maker a _long_ time ago never saw it rereleased.

Yeah, Russian side is still missing some good UAZs.

Actually I've read, long, long ago, that Spetsnaz Mod was planning to do one, but I don't know if they ever started working on it huh.gif

And if not...then maybe it's a good thing to consider doing next? wink_o.gif

Normaly i work on it but i havn t started yet :P

eh its a low end use unit not worth time messing with, make something else instead. You over tax yourself with repeated stuff.. Such waste of good model maker..

arghhhh.....heresy.......your words burn my eyes

The existing model is fine its just the CTD problem that needs fixing but its would be great to see a new range of these UAZ vans...to be honest I think I would rather see modelled a wider range of vehicles for this game, even if their military value is very limitied or they serve a very basic function. Its nice to see something other than the about a hundred different models of the same tank or helicopter once in a while. smile_o.gif