Sign in to follow this  
Nightjay0044

Making a tutorial

All right now. I would like an intro and tips and advice on how to go about creatings a groups tutorial for editing. You know the groups, the little (F2) button you click at the top of the mission editor screen.

What do I put in this tutorial? What all would I need to cover if I wanted to do a full version of grouping and what all you could do with groupls, etc...etc..

Any help would be great. Thanks.

IIRC one of your members asked the same question here a while ago.

I would like to post a link, but it seems like the topic for which I read through all the OFPEC tutorials concerning 'group' was deleted. band.gif Well, I won't do it again anyway.

What really annoys me is, either you guys should know enough to write this tutorial on your own, or you should just wait 'til someone else (who knows enough) will write one. Why are you acting like this question was never asked before, and still try to find others that do the main work for "your" tutorial?

I propose that you don't restrict your tutorial to only "Grouping", but you could instead make a tutorial about how to use the mission editor in general. Once upon the time I was trying to figure out how to use the editor, I didn't have access to Internet and thus I had a hard time figuring it all out by myself.

Shame on you BIS, why didn't you give a manual with the game! The one you pretended to be a manual, was rubbish and you know it. Hire people who know how to write documentation if you can't do it by yourself.

So back to you, Nightjay0044. Make a tutorial which explains all the keys etc. you can use in the editor, and provide a lot of visual material to show for example how to synchronize triggers and how to group units. You could make for example GIF image animations of how to do these things.

Regards,

Baddo

P.S. Just a friendly suggestion: do not ask people to give you an intro to making tutorials. Now think about it for at least 2 times, who would do that for you?

Quote[/b] ]Why are you acting like this question was never asked before

Trapper~

Hey. I didn't know that this type of question was asked here before.  That's why I posted it. Als I've never created an actual beginning to end tutorial before.

Quote[/b] ]and still try to find others that do the main work for "your" tutorial?

Also, I would mainly be doing the main work on this tutorial. I'de be writing it out, then another team member of mine would type it in HTML.  

Well if it ever gets completed, I will post it on OFPEC.

Thanks anyway.

Baddo~

Yeah, I hear what you mean about not just creating a tutorial about grouping. But that's what part of a tutorial is. you can click on the category "grouping". There all the basic fundamentals on there you can click on. because we already got a template laid out for it, now we just need to make the tutorials for them. Theres a lot you can do with grouping though.You can use, init field, waypoint, triggers, etc all the contain with grouping.

Quote[/b] ]Shame on you BIS, why didn't you give a manual with the game! The one you pretended to be a manual, was rubbish and you know it. Hire people who know how to write documentation if you can't do it by yourself

Yes that would be awesome if they could create one big manual for this game or something that gave us more of an idea. But we have OFPEC now and other tutorial sites out there.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

biggrin_o.gif

Maybe I'm always misunderstanding your motivation? smile_o.gif

My point was, that writing down the information others collected is not the difficult part of a tutorial. It's like copying homework at school.

But now I see you already know about the tricks of the group button. I think you're ready to start writing your tutorial. When you're done, publish it and then ask if someone is missing informations before making it HTML.

If you demonstrate such efforts first, then maybe I could've understand you right from the start. wink_o.gif

Well, best would be you post your imagination of the tutorial

and then ppl could start suggestions on what's missing or

how to improve it.

I could post now everything i know about grouping or groups (i think i know a lot and so do others) and then

we would be at the point where Trapper was standing:

you'd copy/paste it and here you go with your not-self-made

tutorial wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

TRAPPER~

Quote[/b] ]Maybe I'm always misunderstanding your motivation?

Yeah I think I wasen't quite clear on my thoughts. Ah well, now you get the point. I wasen't just always sure where to start to create one since i never have, but I have tons of tutorials saved on my PC from OFPEC editing center of all sorts so I can feed off of them and learn and then apply.

For further info, I will be posting news mostly on this site about my tutorials, due to OFPEC not letting you do that. That's all right though, everyone does have there own right.

Thanks. smile_o.gif

CHRIS DEATH~

Yeah, I think I will possibly do that. Thanks.