Sign in to follow this  
websnake

trench system help

hi,

im making a island but i want to put a trench system on it!! and i cant find them anywhere sad_o.gif does anybody know where i can find some please?

Trenches are a limiation in the ofp engine...they techincally can be done, but are pretty difficult and buggy when done due to ofp's crappy collision. Basically what you have to do is create a custom object (3d model and everything) of flat land with a trench. Then you have to make a hole in the ground on your map and put it in. One good example that comes to right now is a couple of the VTE vietnam mod maps-they have some pretty good trenches. Other than that though...I would stay away from trenches.

hi,

im making a island but i want to put a trench system on it!! and i cant find them anywhere sad_o.gif does anybody know where i can find some please?

Ever heard of Search ©?

Apperantly not...

thanks for the reply ebns72. i dont have a clue when it comes to making p3d models or stuff like that sad_o.gif this is my first go at making an island it seems to be going better than i thought, just thought a few trenches would look nice.

yes i have tried searching for them Lt HuNTeR but the only thing it comes up with is the bunker pack 3. I can lay the trenches in mission editor and that would take years, but for some reason theres no model for them in wrptool or ODOL_Explorer so i cant see which ends which, its just a blue square with a question mark in it!

Probably belongs in 02 modelling, definitely not General smile_o.gif

Lt HuNTeR please refrain from being quite so confrontational, advise searching by all means, but there's no need to be rude, that's a moderator's job wink_o.gif