Sign in to follow this  
syphboy

Syphboy's UMP pack

I've released v1.0 of my Heckler & Koch UMP pack.

Download

UMP .45

ump12s5pi.jpg

UMP .45 SD with Aimpoint

ump13s6if.jpg

UMP 9

ump10s8yj.jpg

UMP 9 SD with Aimpoint

ump11s9yy.jpg

Units courtesy of BAS's Ranger & Delta pack.

There are two different types of optics (Iron sight & Aimpoint). ******Each version has its pros and cons (UMP 45 is less accurate but the heavier bullet does more damage. ******UMP 9 is more accurate but less deadly). ******I've delibrately tried to keep the face count low (750/1100 on the standard/suppressed) to make it friendlier with low-end systems like mine. ******Textures 100% made by me, which is why they are so basic (read 'crap' ). ******Let me know what you all think.

-Syphboy.

Edited by W0lle
Added working link

Big thumbs up fella, another quality addon.....(and if i'm not mistaken, is this the first UMP9 in OFP?).

Off to fill some enemys with hot molten lead now!

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Only question is, What next?

biggrin_o.gif

Very, very nice indeed biggrin_o.gif

You've IMO got the accuracy and precision right. It's quite less accurate than the MP5 (due to a different mechanism). I'm not sure about rpm's and damage thought.

Where did you get the data on this from? And what are the settings (compared to the BI-MP5)? The sound is great.

I had a go at one of these my self. There a shock if you are used to MP2s (UZI) or MP5s...SMGs are typically heavy. This baby is as light as a sponge. For anyone interested i've linkt the manual

HK Defence UMP

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]Only question is, What next?

What about a G11...you seem to be a HK-Fan biggrin_o.gif

Just given this baby a quick trial and it appears to be another hit for Syphboy!

One small bug found, but one that can be easily fixed I'd think, when using the aimpoint optic on the SD version, the centre of the optic, the actual aimpoint is not textured I believe! There appears to be a white square in place of the red dot!

Other than that I don't see any faults....

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

One small bug found, but one that can be easily fixed I'd think, when using the aimpoint optic on the SD version, the centre of the optic, the actual aimpoint is not textured I believe! There appears to be a white square in place of the red dot!

Yep...just noticed that to....when fixing this, is it possible to make a non-sd version with aimpoint? whistle.gif I now requests are "censored"....but you would make me really happy biggrin_o.gif

Also you could screw down the accuracy on the SD's a little bit.

Gee...i know... i always have something to moan about icon_rolleyes.gif

Nice addon.

Thev textures are too dark I think.

STGN

Because of the gamma correction in OFP, I'm almost certain it'll look brighter in game

Anyway, looks nice

- Ben

Jep...think it's close to reallife...to a bran-sparkling new one wink_o.gif

Top class work, just one thing, UMPs have a double round burst, but yours dont.

Top class work, just one thing, UMPs have a double round burst, but yours dont.

Depends on which version you buy. The 9mm i've shoot hat only a simple SEF-Fireinggroup (Safe-Single-Fullauto). But you're right with the 45s...they tend to have the 2rd-burst....

I'm not sure of this but don't the magazines, atleast the straight ones, only have the see-through part on the left side, and the right side is all non-see-through?

I'm not sure of this but don't the magazines, atleast the straight ones, only have the see-through part on the left side, and the right side is all non-see-through?

confused_o.gif mmmm....if you look at HK - Pro you seem to be right. To be honest...i can't remember. I was totaly sparked up and going bananas. But as long as even the smallest gunfirm in china makes costum parts for the civ. HK-guns....who cares. Maybe the mags have been bought oversees. wink_o.gif

EDIT on the triggergroups:

There are 4 versions available by HK:

- Singel Fire only

- 0-1-2 (safe-single-2rd burst)

- standard (as pointed out before the SEF)

- 2rdBurst Triggergroup (SEF + 2rd burst -> all in one)

Really good job!

It's like christmas... every day a new gift... smile_o.gif

Do you plan to recreate the early HK Pack by Lost Brothers?

For this case, my personal favourite: HK G3 series. Not one single model out there which fits modern OFP standards.

*hint*

Again: great work, thanx!

For this case, my personal favourite: HK G3 series. Not one single model out there which fits modern OFP standards.

I'm rather a freak to realisim than to grafik....so my tip is the AK4 (G3-clone) with Aimpoint ( !!! ) from the new SFP4 wink_o.gif

Have a look...it's great.

Wow!  I'm surprised at the amount on interest this has attracted.  Thanks for the attention guys.

I'll start from the top:

I'm not sure about rpm's and damage thought.

Where did you get the data on this from? And what are the settings (compared to the BI-MP5)?

I have a confession to make.  Most of the current settings in the config.cpp file are absolute crap.  The UMP basically inherits most of its attributes from BIS's HK, with a scant few changes:  I tweaked the accuracy so that the 9 is more accurate than the 45, though both are considerably less accurate than the HK.  I also made a few recoils which were slightly tougher than the HK's 'rifflesilenced'.  I was going to change the RPM from 800 to 600 but I forgot.  And I've just noticed that the initspeed is way too high - 500!  That'll have to come back down to 300 to be more realistic.  They're going to be changes #1 & #2 in v1.1.

Oh man!  That's such a nice texture too!  It's a little red dot, translucent enough to make out the details of a man's head. pistols.gif  I orignally made the Aimpoint optic for an FN P90 addon (that's probably next on the list to be finished) and bugger me, I forgot to change texture path for that face!  Change #3.

is it possible to make a non-sd version with aimpoint?

Yeah, yeah, yeah!  icon_rolleyes.gif  Do you know how much work that is?! wink_o.gif  Change #4.

Sorry, I don't understand.  Do you want the SD version more accurate, or less accurate?  Personally, I thought suppressing pistol rounds made the recoil more manageable, and thus more accurate.  But I could be wrong.

Nice pack, but why you used jpg textures ?

Because I was to lazy to convert them to PAA format.  Change #5.

Thev textures are too dark I think.

They show up a bit lighter in-game.  Also a bit greener for some reason.  huh.gif

UMPs have a double round burst, but yours dont.

LennyD's already answered this sufficiently.  I might change the fire modes but it would involve some serious texture changes.  I'll have to think about it.

Man, you guys know way too much about guns!  Change #6.

Do you plan to recreate the early HK Pack by Lost Brothers?

Oh God, no!  I love those packs.  My stuff is nowhere near as good as that!  How many years have they been out?  And they still rock!

As for what I'm up to next, some guys asked me to make them a Wist P94 (Yeah, I had to look it up too!wink_o.gif so I'd better finish that before they start sending me rude letters!

Thanks again for the encouragement, guys.

-Syphboy.

is it possible to make a non-sd version with aimpoint?

Yeah, yeah, yeah! icon_rolleyes.gif Do you know how much work that is?! wink_o.gif Change #4.

Sorry, I don't understand. Do you want the SD version more accurate, or less accurate? Personally, I thought suppressing pistol rounds made the recoil more manageable, and thus more accurate. But I could be wrong.

#1: Just an idea whistle.gif .....

#2:Well it depends on what type of ammo is used. But i generally think that a supressed gun is less accurate because you use subsonic-ammo (slower and a little less stable in flight). There are lots of pros and cons of "slenceres"...but you are right with your remark... suppressors reduce felt recoil far better than most compensators or muzzle breaks. In fact, a silencer is nothing more than a better muzzle break.

But IMO the accuracy suffers ( !!! with the mentioned ammo !!! ). But it's up to you really...if we presume they use normal ammo...its fine wink_o.gif

Please leave the triggergroups as they are...the 2 burst mode is nice and handy in reallife. But not really in OFP. And as long as this is the "special feature" HK is only doing for the us-moaners-and-groaners...leave it more "international" biggrin_o.gif

Really looking forward to your next release...as usual, great stuff notworthy.gif

Edit: Have a look and compare with and without slencer...you can see the difference in gunmovement (nonsubsonic ammo...still rather noisy) -> Video.wmv

wow, all those changes, well its something to look forward to....

Keep up the great work.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Man, you guys know way too much about guns! Change #6.

Don't do more work than needed wink_o.gif

umpsbr1va.th.jpg

You can get EVERYTHING for HK's...righthandside clear plastic

confused_o.gif mmmm....if you look at HK - Pro you seem to be right. To be honest...i can't remember. I was totaly sparked up and going bananas. But as long as even the smallest gunfirm in china makes costum parts for the civ. HK-guns....who cares. Maybe the mags have been bought oversees. wink_o.gif

EDIT on the triggergroups:

There are 4 versions available by HK:

- Singel Fire only

- 0-1-2 (safe-single-2rd burst)

- standard (as pointed out before the SEF)

- 2rdBurst Triggergroup (SEF + 2rd burst -> all in one)

All UMP versions (9mm/.40/.45) can be equipped with an optional 2-round-burst triggeroup. As standard the UMP features a S-E-F triggeroup, like the MP5-N, with righ/left handed handgrip.

The UMP can neither use a SF (Single Fire) triggergroup nor a 0-1-2 triggergroup.

I think it's a good idea adding a 2-round burst to the UMP, as Jackal did with his UMP. It's good for CQB, 2 rounds have better stopping power than 1 round. wink_o.gif

Hi guys.  Version 1.1 is now available here.  Here's some pics of a couple of the new versions:

UMP-9 Suppressed

ump15s1tj.jpg

UMP .45 with Aimpoint

ump14s2cv.jpg

From the readme file:

Quote[/b] ]Changes:

-Added a standard version with Aimpoint and a suppressed version without Aimpoint for both calibres.  The pack now looks like this:

Units:

West -> SYF-Men -> Black Op (HK UMP)

West -> SYF-Men -> Black Op (HK UMP Aimpoint)

West -> SYF-Men -> Black Op (HK UMP SD)

West -> SYF-Men -> Black Op (HK UMP SD Aimpoint)

West -> SYF-Men -> Black Op (HK UMP-9)

West -> SYF-Men -> Black Op (HK UMP-9 Aimpoint)

West -> SYF-Men -> Black Op (HK UMP-9 SD)

West -> SYF-Men -> Black Op (HK UMP-9 SD Aimpoint)

Weapons:

syfump

syfumpa

syfumpsd

syfumpsda

syfump9

syfump9a

syfump9sd

syfump9sda

-Fixed red dot texture on aimpoint optic and centred iron sight optic.

-Tweaked bullet velocity, firing speed and recoils in config.cpp

-Created custom weapon and magazine inventory pics.

Enjoy!

-Syphboy.