Sign in to follow this  
Sole

Second person with custom file gets kicked

Hello guys,

I'm having a rather odd problem when hosting a server (non-dedicated).

Whenever a person joins with custom files (face/sound), everything works fine, but after that, every other person who has a custom file and tries to join, gets autokicked like this:

kick_message.jpg

If anyone could shed some light on this subject, it would be greatly apreciated, because I have no clue. sad_o.gif

Isn't this problem related to the fact some people can have too big face or sound files ?

If i am not mistaken, it is defined by this line in the server Flashpoint.cfg config file (in bytes) .

MaxCustomFileSize=....;

If there is no line like this, add it.

No, I doubt it's the filesizes. Even with just a custom face worth about 25kb it buggers up. huh.gif

Thanks for replying though smile_o.gif

"invalid custom file" sounds like dimension problems of the face. Can people who get kicked on your server use their face on others?

Think this needs more details to find out what's goin' on...

The files themselves are not corrupt or incorrect, they work on other servers. When the person who previously got kicked is the first person with custom files to connect to my server, everything goes fine for him, but again, any person with a custom face/sound gets autokicked again.

I'm suspecting a port-forwarding issue. So the files the client tries to send don't arrive on my server, causing the server to not be able to find the files properly and therefor kicking the client? I currently have 2302-2303 UDP forwarded from my winproxy-server to my computer (on which I host OFP).

It's not a question of port forwarding because the first face is being used. So it was uploaded to your server...

Please check your temp folder inside ofp and watch if ALL faces are there.

Nope, just my and the first person's face/sounds are stored in tmp2302.

It seems to have been resolved by forwarding port-range 2300-2400 UDP, rather than just 2302-2303 UDP.

Odd.. banghead.gif

edit: nope, still getting the error crazy_o.gif

kick_message.jpg

did u check your ofp folder on your dedicated server out yet (especially those tmp folders)?

why isit saying tmp56965 as far as i remember it was called like tmp[port-of-ofp-server] maybe u just stop your ofp server, delete those tmp folders and then try again.

I specificly said I wasn't running a dedicated server. :-)

But anyway, the tmp folders get removed when shutting down OFP, so that's not an issue. The only tmp folder that apears whilst running a server is the tmp2302 one.

then use a dedicated server if ur not using maybe that resvoles ur problem.

dedicated server = your not using the client version of ofp which can be used as server

why isit saying tmp56965\ anyways?

then use a dedicated server if ur not using maybe that resvoles ur problem.

dedicated server = your not using the client version of ofp which can be used as server

I'd like to play on my server aswell. Having to run a dedicated server and then joining that from the same computer would be... silly? And if it would solve my problem it would only be a cumbersome workaround, not an actual fix for my problem. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]why isit saying  tmp56965\  anyways?

You tell me...

i think running the server seperate from your in gameserver is better anyways because the dedicated server is optimized for that and it could resolve ur problem maybe but if u dont want to try it at least then we cant help u too.

nevermind, thanks for trying to help.