Sign in to follow this  
maximg

CRCTI YUGOSLAVIAN WAR MOD READY

funny that all people can think off on this forum is permissions and complanins, good luck, i don't post here anymore.

because you are kinda taking the glory for someone elses work, its damn hard to model, script, texture and config everything and so its understandable that they would be pissed off with people taking their work and putting it in a pack, I know i'd be pretty pissed off.

But still, their work is utterly useless in a multiplayer setting in the form it's first released.

You always have to reconfigure for new addons to be useful in multiplayer, atleast if you need balanced gameplay.

I suppose the original releases might be good for coops.

This is silly. maxim didn´t make the addons. He made the mission. This thread should be in the User mission section. Maxim never said that he made these addons did he? It´s all a missunderstanding.

This is silly. maxim didn´t make the addons. He made the mission. This thread should be in the User mission section. Maxim never said that he made these addons did he? It´s all a missunderstanding.

I don't think it is.

It seems they object to him adding "their" addons to a pack.

I think you are supposed to find some obscure DKM site and download it from that.

funny that all people can think off on this forum is permissions and complanins, good luck, i don't post here anymore.

because you are kinda taking the glory for someone elses work, its damn hard to model, script, texture and config everything and so its understandable that they would be pissed off with people taking their work and putting it in a pack, I know i'd be pretty pissed off.

But still, their work is utterly useless in a multiplayer setting in the form it's first released.

You always have to reconfigure for new addons to be useful in multiplayer, atleast if you need balanced gameplay.

I suppose the original releases might be good for coops.

I don't know what addons you are saying people "don't use" but a lot of addons are released with multiplayer in mind.

My problem here is not their use, I am all for packs that are for use in multiplayer, it is that there are so many packs of addons these days as opposed to actual new addons, and a significant amount of them have no credits so no one can tell who made what addon in those packs and assume they were made by the person releasing the pack.

It's just politeness to take 2 minutes (after the hours addon makers spend) to ASK before including the addons. It's not a form of payment, you're not lowering yourself to an addon maker by saying thanks, it doesn't cost you anything to just ask if it is ok with them before including their addons in a pack. They might object for some reason. If I had been asked first then this issue wouldn't have happened, it's ONLY because there was no mention of who made the addons, and apparently no attempt to ask before including DKM addons that I have posted at all.

People can act like addon makers looking after the use of their addons is wrong, but frankly it's that attitude that addon makers deserve no curtesy for their work that has practically killed the community.

Obscure DKM site? Like we're a small unknown team. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah it's so hard to click a link, post in a topic or PM me. Good one. rofl.gif

And the "their" in speech marks, like you're questioning who actually made them? Saying their not DKM's? rofl.gif

Obscure DKM site? Like we're a small unknown team. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah it's so hard to click a link, post in a topic or PM me. Good one. rofl.gif

And the "their" in speech marks, like you're questioning who actually made them? rofl.gif

You are completely unknown to the average Flashpoint multiplayer (not coop) player.

Players want things to work, they don't want to go hunt down lots of addons to play a mission.

I didn't think you were in this for the fame.

Yes, me saying that the DKM site is not hard to find because (I think you will find) most people know where it is, and certainly people posting HERE would know of DKM, is actually me saying I want fame. How you made that leap I can not guess.

Again, you obviously didn't read my post, it is not the inclusion of DKM addons into a pack that is the issue, it is that no one attempted to ask first.

You can try to twist it how you like, but that's the only issue here.

Good luck starting your flame war, but it won't be with me.

I agree that credit should have been given, but other than that, I think DKM should be glad that people are using their addons. Why else would they make them? But I do think that a lack of credit and permission asking shows a lack of respect.

Guest RKSL-Rock

I don't think it is.

It seems they object to him adding "their" addons to a pack.

I think you are supposed to find some obscure DKM site and download it from that.

The objection is to modifying the addons without permission - "balancing" them as you put it means that values have been changed so that they no longer work as they were originally designed to.

Now this wouldnt be a bad thing if you guys had gotten permission and maybe changed the path and class names so that they dont conflict with the existing versions.

As for the DKM site being "obscure" there are links to it off most of the news sites, most forums have posts where the DKM link can be found. Come to that actually look at one of DKM - Jaguar's many posts on this forum and click the link in his sig.

Saying that its obscure is saying that no one here has heard of BAS. Its total bollocks.

Where does it say in any of your addonpacks that you need persmission to include the addons? How would he know what to ask for and what not to ask for.

Here is from the readme file of the M46

Quote[/b] ]

Version: 1.2 (for ofp versions 1.75 and up)

This addon for Operation Flashpoint is shareware and can be distributed under the

following conditions:

- Non commercial distribution

- The original files have to remain in the addon

- No changing the original files in any way.

If you want to reskin or remodel this addon send a request to dkm@dds.nl

Guest RKSL-Rock
Daniel @ Oct. 24 2005,13:33)]I agree that credit should have been given, but other than that, I think DKM should be glad that people are using their addons. Why else would they make them? But I do think that a lack of credit is a bit out of respect.

You are missing the point.

Its not about people using or not using DKM or anyone elses addons, its about modifying the configs (which causes conflicts) without permission or regard for the effects.

But he didnt change any of the original files, not .p3d nor .cpp. Nothing tells so (I could be wrong). Yes offcrose he should credit people the best way he can but still it´s his first mission. Instead of jumping on him maybe you should try to help him do the right thing instead of pushing him to the ground. After all this is a community is it not?

The objection is to modifying the addons without permission - "balancing" them as you put it means that values have been changed so that they no longer work as they were originally designed to.

Ofcourse config modification has to be done without altering the original addons.

Quote[/b] ]

Now this wouldnt be a bad thing if you guys had gotten permission and maybe changed the path and class names so that they dont conflict with the existing versions.

I'm in no way involved with the yugo mod

Guest RKSL-Rock
Where does it say in any of your addonpacks that you need persmission to  include the addons? How would he know what to ask for and what not to ask for.

Courtesy, basic manners and respect for others hard work.

The fact that this is even on the BIS boards tells me that he reads this forum. DKM Jaguar is hardly a shrinking violet (not a quiet person for those who dont get the referene) So atleast the 'Mod maker' cannont say they arent aware of how to contact DKM for permission. Even his own posts suggest that he was aware of the 'permission' issue.

After all this is a community is it not?

Yes and as such its also his (yugo mod) responsibility to respect the addon makers that are a part of it.

Quote[/b] ]

I'm in no way involved with the yugo mod

I wasnt suggesting you were - when i said 'you guys' i was referig to the Yugo Mod people.

Quote[/b] ]You are missing the point.

Its not about peoelp using or not using DKM or anyone elses addons, its about modifying the configs (which causes conflicts) without permission or regard for the effects

Yeah, I edited my post soon after I wrote that.

And wow, this is a fast moving thread. tounge2.gif

i will make a credit , thank you all addon makers readme and post it and add it to mod , excuses for that.

and i do not modify any off your addons, we only changed the m84 from res to east.

It´s all a missunderstanding.

Yeah, I think it was. I was too harsh in my first post.

I hope maximg's mod is successful. smile_o.gif

Good luck for this new mod, and thanks to the addons makers to make possible.

DKM is right, he isn't against the mod or anything as he's shown.

It's just general respect among the community that when you include a mod that you give credit where it's due.

Sure they may not claim it as their own, but they need to atleast throw it out there that it's someone elses hard work.

Coding by Sander van Dorst

Skin by Sander van Dorst

Models for carrying systems by Sander van Dorst

Soldier models based on original BIS work, by Willem-Matthijs Crielaard

Special features by Willem-Matthijs Crielaard

Camouflaged faces by Frandsen (http://www.ofp.info/talesofwar/)

Dagger and M1 helmet from I44 MLOD paratrooper

Textures for boots based on boot textures by BAS

Textures for clothing creases based on template textures by Mike Schell for Ghost Recon

(http://www.ghostrecon.net/html/skin-tutorial.htm#wrinkle)

Boeing AH-64D, based on Bohemia Interactive Studio’s original model

Leading developer: Marco polo IV

Leading artist: Marco polo IV

Desert AH texture: Inquisitor

Black AH texture: Helifreak

Fuel and tailrotor scripts: BigDawgKS

Other scripts: Ballistic Addon Studio and Decisive Killing Machines

All other content ©2005 by Marco polo IV

mail: Marco@Tactical-Squad.de

PC Foxhole by Philcommando 2 Dec 2004

FIGHTPOSITION ADDONS

v1.0 by Spark (alias $p@rK_N@p@lM)

M46 Fieldgun by DKM-Mod http://www.dkm-mod.net/

Sebastian Müller, for the “BTR-T†addon

Igor and Danko cvejic

SPECIAL THANKS:

---------------

ignacio,zerg,ger,hoyt and blip smile_o.gif

mod loaded @ my server

MAXIM'S HOTSHOTS CTI-SERVER 192.16.192.226:55555

next version will have time acc and much more, no downloads required any more.

if you already dowloaded yugo1 here is the update

http://www.nikhef.nl/~maximg....ate.zip

we constantly updating the config files, be sure you have the last cr0ytest2.pbo

http://www.nikhef.nl/~maximg....st2.pbo

i love this , but a bit laggy same with cti44 the different addons with different polys makes lagg really bad or is it just me?

Great mod; I'm enjoying it. Two things: 1) I can use any tank's SMOKE menu. I think that's a bug. 2)The BTR commander view is outside the model. Anyways, it's great.

new yugo beta version out for yugo freaks to test before final release

changelog:

-crCTI 0.91 based missions with cr08 addons

-added t90 to east to make it more balanced

-removed bkm_80.pbo kroation and serbian bmp tank (was leaking addon , clients had blue screen and reboots.

after testing yugo game much faster now.

-added new ypr.

-new base templates for ai commander

-income of towns 700

-resistance untis repaced by ofp orginal ones (so no more kroats killing)

-1ste air units created by ai commander after 15-20min of game

-and much more i forgot.

download mod

http://www.nikhef.nl/~maximg/yugobeta3.zip

if you have yugo:

get these 2 small addons

http://www.nikhef.nl/~maximg....ugo.pbo

http://www.nikhef.nl/~maximg/updated%20addons%20for%20yugo/llwypr.pbo

and delete cr08ytest.pbo

play it on maxim's server

192.16.192.226:55555

final version will include some fregats on both sides smile_o.gif

i will port mission to everon, all yugo maps like lipovac and gregoriv, pcm_euro and some other islands later on this week, before the weekend smile_o.gif

have fun.