Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Casurina Island

This is of such high quality I just know BIA is going to copy this for their "exclusive simulator"  tounge2.gif .

Unfortunatley they may  have already done this with VBS1 new addon called FIRST RESPONDER have a look here.I'm not stating that they have. This may have been started before I made Casurina.

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystems.com/screenshots01.html

This isle craps all over Casurina. Honestly I have been denial since I seen it. You can see the similarites with the pics I took. However the addons and objects on this isle are A1.

I been busy latley with RL issues. It's hard to keep contact with various members of RWS  (Realworld Studios).I hope to get back into it soon. I need certain addons to complete it and it is very difficult finding addon makers and especially texturers.

I have however made a deal with The ERT mod. They will have First exclusive use of Casurina when it is finished.

The lag has become terrible even on a p4 2.8ghz. That is another big problem hindering me from completing it

Hi all,

Just a small but long overdue update of Casurina, I am slowly working on it when new buildings and objects become available. Heres some new screens to feast your eyes on , Please note that the objects shown have not been authorised to be used on Casurina yet by Ag Smith, the OFPL Mod or Megastalker ... All requests will be made before the isle is released...

The lag issue tends to be a problem if using mods and or a heap of third party addons in your mod folders. If you just use the required addons for the isle it runs very smoothly...

Sav

111op.jpg

105wy.jpg

123rq.jpg

See what a little graffitti does to enhance the city theme??

Arne's traffic light system will be added before the release. It is becomming difficult to place the objects in a close proximity , so the lights and bus stops have been removed for now....

Stunningly beautiful. A detailed, accurate, large, western city. I didn't know it was possible for OFP. I must fight off a Sino-Russo Invasion on this map.

BTW, do windows light up at night?

Stunningly beautiful. A detailed, accurate, large, western city. I didn't know it was possible for OFP. I must fight off a Sino-Russo Invasion on this map.

BTW, do windows light up at night?

Some lights are visable in some models but generally no...unfortunatley.

It reminds me a bit more at Midtown Madness2 :P

But ye, looks very nice wink_o.gif

Maybe, some news papers on the ground would do it a bit better  thumbs-up.gif

ltrs

Thanks,

I will be adding more objects later ,trying to line the buildings up first, make the roads pavements... then add lights,junk more graffitti ect ect..

Sav

looks like a place for some missions.i mean streetfighting.i just love it.and some MP fighting too. awesome. thumbs-up.gif

Please note that the objects shown have not been authorised to be used on Casurina yet by Ag Smith, the OFPL Mod

As long as you don't modify the original addons, you don't need to ask for any authorisation. Those objects are released for people like you to use on the islands. smile_o.gif

Please note that the objects shown have not been authorised to be used on Casurina yet by Ag Smith, the OFPL Mod

As long as you don't modify the original addons, you don't need to ask for any authorisation. Those objects are released for people like you to use on the islands.  smile_o.gif

Thanks mate, You dont have to worry me modifying them if I new how to model then I would have the ilse finished now tounge2.gif

Nice work btw on the pack, looking foward to more releases from you and OFPL mod!!! Thanks again..

Sav

This island looks incredible. Exactly what I wanted to do with my New Ocean Island thing, but far better. I feel honoured you used a lot of my buildings in it. Can't wait till this one's out. smile_o.gif

This island looks incredible. Exactly what I wanted to do with my New Ocean Island thing, but far better. I feel honoured you used a lot of my buildings in it. Can't wait till this one's out.  smile_o.gif

Care to make more buildings so i can showcase them for you? *Hint* whistle.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Hi all,

I am releasing a very early beta of the island within the next few days. Its still largely unpopulated. Im releasing it to give you a taste of what is to come. It weighs about 114meg ,but hey with all the detail you seen in the pics what can u expect?

Stay tuned .....

SAV biggrin_o.gif

Great news! 114 megs isn't too bad. How many other addons will this island require?

Great news! 114 megs isn't too bad. How many other addons will this island require?

Well quite a few. Im releasing the required addons in the pack. Since i am only using selected objects from certain mods I found it silly to have to download full mods for just a few files.

I plan to release a Lite and Heavy pack. Lite pack will have all the links to the required addons while the heavy pack will have all the required addons.

It will be available soon im still compiling all the links.   crazy_o.gif

Sav

Looking sexcellent tounge2.gif

Can't wait for full release, though I doubt my shitcomp can handle this beautiful town.

That's really what OFP needs, big towns, not biiiig islands, with enormous deserts that are just dead and boring.

Great work!

smile_o.gif

Agree like a demon! Pity about the lag issue, but I'll probably only use it for fully siiiick screenies anyway. Keep up the good job guys!

Hi guys

Sorry for the delay, having trouble finding a site to upload the files to  sad_o.gif . Hopefully I will find one soon.   biggrin_o.gif

Sav

Hey Savage

I too hope you find a site to get this on! I believe we all do!

I just got done saying how another island was the best, but I saw this and I gotta maybe take back those words... Hope you can get this online soon!

Thanks for the island!

---IceFLYER