Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

Casurina Island

how is the lagg on your computer if you have a smal and a big batle in the town on the pics?

inlove.gif

tounge2.gif

Great work, can't wait for it...

Wow very nice island, love the detail! Looks ripe for some zombie investation  wink_o.gif

Yeah, zombies  chasing the living through the city streets and then the armed forces come in blasting the hell of em pistols.gif  .... Hang on a minute wasn't that from the movie 28 days ??  crazy_o.gif

I hope this will map will inspire mission makers out there, I would love to see some spec op missions around the airbase & City . Or maybe an invasion, and some street fighting.Even a civillian campaign,killer on the loose your a cop trying to hunt him down ect.. OPEN YOUR MINDS !!!! let me in  rofl.gif

how is the lagg on your computer if you have a smal and a big batle in the town on the pics?

Umm... I haven't really tried it yet been too busy building it. At the moment it doesn't appear to lag without units on it, but i would say it may start when you put large numbers in that area. Perhaps the fog level will have to be up high.Hang on I'll test it...

Umm... I haven't really tried it yet been too busy building it. At the moment it doesn't appear to lag without units on it, but i would say it may start when you put large numbers in that area. Perhaps the fog level will have to be up high.Hang on I'll test it...

Ok a quick test ,I used 8 squads, 4 east, 4 west in the heart of the city.

Detail set to high, viewdistance about 1000, on a p4 2.8 and a gforce fx5900,running DXLL and ecp (latest version) it's still playable it does lag a bit, but that's the price you pay for detail. That's why i'm banking on armed assult adressing the lag issues.Then again it may not help at all.I have to say I noticed a drop in lag when using berghoff's nature pack compared to the BIS trees.But if you want big battles in the city, put the fog up and use spawn points. smile_o.gif

Just to make sure: When you are landing your plane the autopilot lands you so that you end up at the end of the runway with the taxi-way right? Because if not there is really going to be no way to turn the plane around.

Other than that though I am quite jealous. Nice Work!

Just to make sure: When you are landing your plane the autopilot lands you so that you end up at the end of the runway with the taxi-way right? Because if not there is really going to be no way to turn the plane around.

Other than that though I am quite jealous. Nice Work!

I haven't set up the ILS yet. Honestly I don't have a clue how,Perhaps I will ask that guy that made the mulitple approach ILS. If not I intend to use the ILS on the russian airbase. That domestic airport is really just there for eye candy. But your right,the approach should be from the north, at the south is the bridge.AI would crash into it if the approach is from the south crazy_o.gif.  I may yet attach a taxi way up the side. BTW don't be Jealous (I know your joking) It was island makers like yourself that inspired me. I especially liked your Saint David map one of my fav's  smile_o.gif

inlove.gif i still cant get over how beautiful your island is, i hope you release it soon or maybe even a teaser beta tounge2.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Very nice island, I am glad you used those street signs/crosswalks, it is about time someone did. I cannot wait to see more screens. The one thing that really stood out though, a raceway/drag strip in a Russian type enviroment?

(mainly because of the only available vehicles with that capability are US manufactured, wish there were a few Russian/Ukrainian makes capable of that wink_o.gif)

I can't really believe this! notworthy.gif

It's the best looking island ever created! It's certainly better than all original maps... I think BI and Codemasters can learn many things from your addon. I know they want to keep their islands simple for lag reasons but on the other hand, your city design is great. Like an architect...

At least, BI and Codemasters should learn this architectural approach of yours.

OFP_PUPSI posted: Aug. 29 2005,01:24

Quote[/b] ]I am looking forward to cruise with a car over your island !

and me too but on motorcycle wink_o.gif

Btw: I did adore the screenshot which's taken inside a bus!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif

It's like real!  wow_o.gif

The idea of being a bus driver here, taking passengers from bus stops and travelling so, feels so fascinating to me!  inlove.gif

Can't wait for this!  crazy_o.gif

tounge2.gif that map looks so cool, it remebers me off a scene from patlabor 2 pistols.gif when all tanks are going across aa bridge.woo cant wight for map

Ok a quick test ,I used 8 squads, 4 east, 4 west in the heart of the city.

Detail set to high, viewdistance about 1000, on a p4 2.8 and a gforce fx5900,running DXLL and ecp (latest version) it's still playable it does lag a bit, but that's the price you pay for detail. That's why i'm banking on armed assult adressing the lag issues.Then again it may not help at all.I have to say I noticed a drop in lag when using berghoff's nature pack compared to the BIS trees.But if you want big battles in the city, put the fog up and use spawn points. smile_o.gif

that sounds gr8 will love to play this island thumbs-up.gif

inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

So beautiful. I do believe this will raise the standard for island makers.

BAHAHAH I havent even though about civilian missions! Driving ppl arround in a bus sounds totally elite! Only in OFP this is possible only in the world of OFP!

We need new addons for this map guys!

Fishing rod

Golf buggy!  crazy_o.gif  DUDE! Have you included a golf course?

And a large beachchair to chill out in the park!

yay.gif  inlove.gif

Edit

This map will make us all turn into hippehhs, chill out, make peace not war! band.gif haha

manhunter09 posted on Sep. 02 2005,01:02

Quote[/b] ]BAHAHAH I havent even though about civilian missions! Driving ppl arround in a bus sounds totally elite! Only in OFP this is possible only in the world of OFP!

We need new addons for this map guys!

I certainly agree with you manhunter! Like in Grand Theft Auto... As mod makers, we should produce many civilian vehicles, objects, etc for this island.

This is a chance to have a free platform just like Grand Theft Auto! We can't just wait and mess up the chance, Can we?!

We already planned to make a hot civilian vehicle for this island. yay.gif Hope Ofp 2 becomes compatible with Ofp 1 addons... icon_rolleyes.gif

Looks very nice ,i see you took a lot of attention to detail ,to make some nice scenery places.Looks like a well balanced island in scenery.

Btw ,about that shot from the ship looking up to the oil refinery ,i just love those beach ridge texture's ,looks so real. thumbs-up.gif

Looks very nice ,i see you took a lot of attention to detail ,to make some nice scenery places.Looks like a well balanced island in scenery.

Btw ,about that shot from the ship looking up to the oil refinery ,i just love those beach ridge texture's ,looks so real.  thumbs-up.gif

Those beach ridge textures are rocks from resitance, They don't like being put on steep angles they start to warp .  smile_o.gif

Update: Due to increased interest in this island, I have decided to TRY and release a beta of this island before Armed Assult arrives. However there are only so many hours in a day to work on it. The process is long due to the detail of the island. Keep your suggestions comming I will try to incorperate them into the map. I really need some working traffic lights and other street objects and more buildings, I am exhausting the use of the AGS city construction addon.

Sav.. biggrin_o.gif

looks amazing biggrin_o.gif I am anticipating this island quite a bit.

Suggestion: Use mapfact lights for nightime (look at mapfact nogova at night). I hate bis lights crazy_o.gif