Sign in to follow this  
Chriz

early 80's soldier pack beta soon

Hey Chriz, ignore all those "make high quality"-textures comments and high detailed stuff.

I like them, and I'd like to see you going "open source" with them.

Seems, everything today made is meant for the photography thread, but not for actually playing.

I agree that by now all textures should generally be better than the original BIS ones, no doubt of that.

BUT - if an addon maker who releases some of his stuff has to write some excuses because his addons are not top notch - don't you guys think it's getting rediculous ? wink_o.gif

@Chriz:

DON'T write any excuses, or 'this is early beta' and don't be afraid of all the moaning mate.

Simply because you're doing nothing wrong here. You're giving away some of your work which used up your sparetime and nobody paid you something for it. Ignore all the moaning that may come. Nobody is forced to DL and use your addons and everybody who thinks the textures should be better can ask for your permission to enhance your models, right ?

Honestly guys, this is getting rediculous. icon_rolleyes.gif

)rStrangelove @ Sep. 18 2005,11:31)]I agree that by now all textures should generally be better than the original BIS ones, no doubt of that.

BUT - if an addon maker who releases some of his stuff has to write some excuses because his addons are not top notch - don't you guys think it's getting rediculous ? wink_o.gif

@Chriz:

DON'T write any excuses, or 'this is early beta' and don't be afraid of all the moaning mate.

Simply because you're doing nothing wrong here. You're giving away some of your work which used up your sparetime and nobody paid you something for it. Ignore all the moaning that may come. Nobody is forced to DL and use your addons and everybody who thinks the textures should be better can ask for your permission to enhance your models, right ?

Honestly guys, this is getting rediculous. icon_rolleyes.gif

I think noone wants anyone to post excuses about his addon wink_o.gif

All i... and i think a few others here want to say if these would be a bit improved you had lot more people downloading them and enjoy them.

He put a lot of time into them i think and if he invests a bit more this can become pretty nice, no doubt.

All i did was suggesting what he does at the end is his choice.

Today there are tons of quality soldier packs out there so you gotta offer something if you want people to download your stuff.

And... no worries even if you release a pack full of photo realistic textures and uber models people will still bit about something, thats the way it goes cause you know everyone has his own opinion and since this is a forum for discussion they like to post theirs from time to time thumbs-up.gif

new more realistic version in devlopment as a side project new textures etc check the site for more info

smile_o.gif

new more realistic version in devlopment as a side project new textures etc check the site for more info

smile_o.gif

perhaps basing them of HYKs troops he has already given prior permission for people to edit his troops

Having dealt with addon making and how community tends to be about addons mostly my input in helping Chriz do a bit better and save him the annoyance of everyone spamming the thread because he didn't use this weapons pack with the troops or didn't use HYK's textures. or the dozen of so new head and hand models floating around. I like to help him make correct troop models, HYKs are nice but incorrect on a number of aspects.

Quote[/b] ]Having dealt with addon making and how community tends to be about addons mostly my input in helping Chriz do a bit better and save him the annoyance of everyone spamming the thread because he didn't use this weapons pack with the troops or didn't use HYK's textures.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh please.