Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Ivtiliac island by Narpal

Quite an interesting large island. Lots of variety and special areas. The wilderness area in the central north I think is different ..... seems to have a "lost" feel to it I cant say Ive seen on other islands ... but its not done with Jungle.

.... and no addons required !!!

Good job Narpal ! :thumbs-up:

If you haven't finished, my only suggestion is a road joing east to west (yes .... that will be an interesting road !!:wink_o: and maybe a bit more land and towns in the east ..... only cuz I see a CTI map coming on :biggrin_o:

Download

Ivtiliac4.jpg

Edited by W0lle
Working link added

somehow i get a CTD when using this island  ?

when i check other islands nothing happens but looking at this one in the mission editor and moving around the map a little bit seems to trigger a CTD somehow

it cant be the memory is a use mod folders and just cleaned out my res folder a bit

Don t u need any addons for that isle?Meaning i read at opf.info.

take a look to the readme

*edit:sorry,...wrong island that i meant...will check this one right now !! banghead.gif

Could be a bad Download ..... I'd download and try again.

Great island! notworthy.gif Even better in this version. A road connecting eastern and western parts might be a good idea indeed.

Look's like a really nice Island,works fine.

One of my new favourites maps,like the snowtop mountains too.

Very good biggrin_o.gif

Pics 1,3, & 4. Just a niggly, but random sand on slopes and plains away from the beachheads?

random sand on slopes and plains away from the beachheads?

Who said it was random sand ..... could it not be random greenery ?! tounge2.gif

At least its way more interesting that the endless green carpet of many other islands.

Quote[/b] ]Pics 1,3, & 4. Just a niggly, but random sand on slopes and plains away from the beachheads?

Looks like dirt to me. I've seen a lot of places that look just like that.  huh.gif

I'm pretty picky about Islands, but I really like this one. Three things, though:

1. No road from east to west of the Island? Just doesn't make sense.  crazy_o.gif

2. A little small, but I guess there isn't much that can be done about it.

3. Some of the road layouts seem pretty Random, as in roads gooing out of a town 300m then suddenly end.

Maybe it's work in progress, but this is still pretty good.

Hello, first of all, thank you for all your comments; my English is very bad but I as even will try to answer you ( thank to the software for translations biggrin_o.gif ).

The concept of the island was to make a relief dedicated to the special units like the troops of mountains, etc...

I mixed sand textures with grass textures to give the illusion of the acid grounds on which the pines grow.

For the moment, I did not put roads between north and the south because I wanted to make two separate government but since many people me require it, and if I find time, perhaps which I would make connecting a road the south to north.

However, it be certain that if I remake a island, the next time it be less large; indeed, it is very tedious to pose 70000 trees or bushes when you are alone to work biggrin_o.gif

Still thank you for your encouragements smile_o.gif    

Narpal

Wonderful island, when this first came out it was my favorite use-made island, and it still is. Funny thing is, I can't really put my finger on why I like it so much. It just has a certain 'feel' to it. Everything seems well made, the mountain region is nice, I love the layout of the cities, and the general variety of terrain is appealing. You have done good work, Narpal. smile_o.gif

-Pilot

in the mission editor and moving around the map a little bit seems to trigger a CTD somehow  

Welcome to the forums Narpal smile_o.gif

and congratulations for this island

I have the same problem as supergruntsb78, it seems if you zoom out in editor, with textures on, theres a CTD, faulty texture transitin maybe? could you plz check that?

I would check the textures of tranitions to try to correct this problem; perhaps that the problem comes indeed from there...

This is an very nice island, but the white textures are a little bit disturbing. Also some more roads could be usefull. Good work so far, keep it up. thumbs-up.gif

I really like this island too, the town layouts are superb. They remind me of an area in the Lakes near where I live. Good job Narpal. thumbs-up.gif