Sign in to follow this  
supergruntsb78

Bahadur released

My O my.... I cannot believe the ammount of whining and griping regarding the addon requirements of this island. It would appear that many members of the community don't understand what the author was trying to create. I believe that island makers are like artists, we want to use a vast variety of colours ( Addons ) on our palette board to create a full and colourful picture/painting. If we were limited to using black and white how stimulating would that be? How many islands out there these days don't use addons? The ones that don't get downloaded and wiped off harddrives nearly as fast as they are put on, well on mine anyway   smile_o.gif .

While yes some islands are heavy with addons, try to remember that the author is only trying to make an island that is full of variety and as real as opflash allows. Download it or don't download it , but don't carry on about how many addons it requires.Try perhaps making constructive comments regarding the layout ect.

I have however one question to the people that made the comment regarding the addons. When Invasion 44 is released ,Will you simply say well it's too big I won't download it? .................Didn't think so....  icon_rolleyes.gif

I hadn't noticed this island before today, so I gave it a try.

It is very highly detailed. The urban areas are great, and airports and seaport are looking superb. smile_o.gif

I still can't find the OPFOR base in the NW. Has anyone got a grid refrence?

My advice to poeple worrying about addons would be this. If you have room for extra addons and want to download it, do it. Whats the worst that could happen? You could just unistall it if you don't like it.

If you don't have room for extra addons but still want to download it, well, you can't tounge2.gif Buy some more memory.

The largest addons are common ones anyway. Tonal, the train pack etc. The only large addon I had to download was Afgan Everon, which is still a nice addon anyway. wink_o.gif

New screenshots of some of the objects I am working on for the objects pack

baramou1.jpg

baramou2.jpg

baramou3.jpg

baramou4.jpg

baramou5.jpg

baramou6.jpg

Anderson

www.operation-trident.net

Ingenious stuff man, I back up what you said about addons totally. If you're ever bored, reckon you could make a woodland island?

Excellent job, tovarich.

C"G"McD.

I am starting a north american stlye woodland map for a horror mod I have planned but I would like to keep that plan for Armed Assault.

(if its ever released)

My O my.... I cannot believe the ammount of whining and griping regarding the addon requirements of this island.

Hehehe...Sorry bout that. Not my finest hour. Had a bad day. biggrin_o.gif

The pics of the object pack are looking sweet. thumbs-up.gif

personally i'd like to see more addons used ..especially addons that require other addons to work ..so you have to go on a hunt for addons that the needed addons require

Managed to finish a whole whack of more models yesterday (architecture) and the object count is now at 117 and weighing in at 154mb!

personally i'd like to see more addons used ..especially addons that require other addons to work ..so you have to go on a hunt  for addons that the needed addons require

listen to this guy rofl.gif

Hi, srry to be a bother but does anyone have a problem unpacking the US Camo Tent Pack from the Trident Website? I keep getting an P3d error concerning a Camo tent pack when booting up the island... I don't know the exact error.. i'll update this post later