Sign in to follow this  
supergruntsb78

Bahadur released

really elite island, the airbases are a REALLY GOOD STEP but the runway textures combined with the roads are not good imo... and maybee some taxiways conected to other taxiways so you dont have to taxi across another runway because then the airtraffic cannot land and taxi at the same time!

The shelters diagonally placed to the runway is really good! I dont mind the roads at taxiways, but maybee you could then loose some of the real taxiways and put roads in the place, so you only have the roads and the runway!

The rest of the island is very nice indeed!

This emoticon should also be with  "APPROVED!!"  band.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I would like to change the runways for the v1.5 release to a setup that actually makes sense...

the only annoying thing is that after downloading this island i now have a bunch of island i'll never use for example the seb ones.

@Sgt Anderson

I think this is the main reason why people are a little put off by the addons required list. I've been looking forward to this island since i saw it mentioned on OFP.info and i uninstalled my afghaneveron and BAS tonal to make room for this only to find i needed them  crazy_o.gif . I'll look forward to the updated version using just CATafganistan. But in the mean time i'll continue to enjoy this awsome piece of work.

Im thinking of just doing up my own building pack so that the only building addons people will have to have is the one pbo I make containing military, civilian, industry, tree and grass objects.

This realy is to many addons but the island itself looks like one of the best desert island i have seen.

maybe just put in some addons like cat afgan , only buildings from afganeveron , mapfact baracks and airport , port addons , industrial addons , maybe just buildings from tonal not all the tonal , oil adons , no hanfars couse you get so many hangars from mapfact airport.That would make the island about 70-80 mb and not 300 and most of these addons are are being in allmost every map.

On order to get rid of the addon requirments, I have started working on a full object set for Bahadur including civ, industrial, and military buildings and objects. I'll probably stick with the SEB palms and grass, as well as the AEF real lights for now but everything else will be new and included in one PBO called Bahadur_O.pbo . Please post some requests for objects and I will add them to the list.

IMO you can put in that Bahadur_O.pbo watever you want, aslong it didn`t produce conflicts with other addons.

Btw. Bahadur is the best island that`s released since Phoenix Island. thumbs-up.gif

When you use this island, it deletes some buildings out of the Ocean Island. Don't know why, but can you help me? Also you should fix this problem for the Bahudar_O.pbo smile_o.gif .

Since i already owned the biggest addons, it took just a bit of 'working down the list' to get this island running.

The first thing i realized was that this is not the typical editor island, it looks like the real thing. The grass and the palms look like they really grew in their positions and weren't placed. Very natural.

However, the fps go down (from 80 to 20) when you're around cities, i think less than half of the buildings would've been perfect if you want to have street combat.

The sheer size of the island makes recon or searching missions very realistic because if you just fly around there you can really get lost, esp over the desert areas.

In short: a great island. Cities are cpu intensive but the natural areas make up for it. WORTH DOWNLOADING ! smile_o.gif

The best way would be to put in addons that are used most.

Those are CAT afgan , mapfack baracks , mapfac tairport , only buildings from afganeveron , you dont need to put in any additional hangars couse there are 3 in the mapfact airport addon.about the palms maybe wait until berghof releases his jungle plant pack. should be soon.the water tower and shed from axe , all the industrial addons , RKSL UK netpack , and mapfact oil addons.

These addons shouldnt be such a bad download couse there are standard for many other islands and they will only need to download a few things. that would make the addon pack about 60 mb witch is not a bad download realy.

These addons shouldnt be such a bad download couse there are standard for many other islands and they will only need to download a few things. that would make the addon pack about 60 mb witch is not a bad download realy.

...take it everybody's on a broadband connection.

Sorry for OT'ing but this trend of making mammuth sized addons/map... banghead.gif

Why not go the other way around and start producing maps/addons for a smoother MP gameplay for example?

Maybe it's just ol grumpy me...

well just a wee problem with it eh9sa.jpg you see the plant in the foreground well when its a little further away it turns into a white cross type thing (see white thing in background) any idea why?

What is wrong with everyone in regards to not liking addons?

Thats what the addons have been made for.

Bahadur_Addons.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif

Thats with still some missing (It complains about missing objects when it's loaded up, but it works okay, but I'm not sure what I'm missing)

But if your goign to do the bahadur_o.pbo, that will be great!

From the 20mins I flew/shot my way around, it was a very nicely thought out island, the coal-mine, while not very coal-y (maybe a simple model of a pile of coal etc, whcih I might have missed infact due to misisng addons huh.gif ), but it was a cool area. Overall nice layout, very big, but still got 20-25 FPS almost all of the time, so no complaints

Nice work, can't wait for the next version (Though I'm not sure about the addon-less version, you think that will work? crazy_o.gif )

- Ben

Well if hes using every single object from an addon then in my opinion, keep it.

If hes using, say, Tonal, for 3 buildings or whatever, then dont. wink_o.gif

I can't find the enemy base? With the 250 ft. dirt runway. Also could someone please help me with my other problem?

Quote[/b] ]When you use this island, it deletes some buildings out of the Ocean Island. Don't know why, but can you help me?

I can't find the enemy base? With the 250 ft. dirt runway. Also could someone please help me with my other problem?
Quote[/b] ]When you use this island, it deletes some buildings out of the Ocean Island. Don't know why, but can you help me?

If you search the NW region of the foothills you will eventually come across the training camp. It isnt marked on the map. The training camp is used by Bahadur's elite Red Brigade to train militia fighters for thir war against the Coalition.

well just a wee problem with it eh9sa.jpg you see the plant in the foreground well when its a little further away it turns into a white cross type thing (see white thing in background) any idea why?

no one able to help?

Its a missing texture on one of the resolution LODs of whatever plant thats meant to be.

Well, if you go in closer and it still doesnt display, its a missing texture on the whole object, if its related to distance then its on one of the lower detail LODs.  smile_o.gif

Basically the texture path is wrong, and when OFP cannot find a texture it just displays white instead.

I am working on the Bahadur building set to be realeased with v1.5. I have 24 civillian buildings complete, and can export my models from 3dMax to O2 keeping proper scale, but texturing in O2 has lost me...

Is there anyone willing out there to help me! Create textures yourself, or use ones that I will make in Photoshop. Need help soon so I can release a better version of Bahadur.

Anderson

I can't find the enemy base? With the 250 ft. dirt runway.

its located at Lima Echo 3-0 (hq) and the surrounding area

Bahadur v1.5 Update

I have finished modelling the basics for:

-5 highclass estates

-5 lowclass houses

-6 rural farm houses

-5 middleclass apartment

-1 middleclass apartment under construction

-7 marketstalls including persian rug stall

-5 road barriers

-1 oil company billboard

-6 sections of chainlink fence w/barbedwire

-2 small rolls of barbedwire

-2 chainlinked fence gate sections

-1 chainlinked fence section with cut

-1 town fountain

-1 town sign Jhasmi

-1 mosque w/ladder in tower

-17 sandbag positions including 2 w/wooden shelters

-3 Bahadur Government warning signs

-1 telephone pole w/lines

-10 ruined civillian buildings

Some models are textured and some arent yet, but everything in the objects set will be original! No other PBO's req'd except for whatever you put in your missions!

More to come!