Sign in to follow this  
AiRBLaDE

mod help - tank destruction

Hey im wondering how I could make it so when a tank is destroyed/killed it doesnt explode but just keeps its original shape and becomes a black smoke like color.

what im talking about is an effect that liberation 1941-45 mod uses. After the tank is destroyed there really isnt a large explosion, only the tank turns to a smoke black color and is no longer useable.

what kind of script would I have to add to a vehicle's eventhandler for this to happen? Or would I just have to edit some value in the config that makes this effect happen?

its not scripted...

there was a tute about this kind of effect

but forgot who made it

its defined over oxygens face properties

oh so its something thats made into the addon? Is there any possible way to use it on default bis tanks? Or other addon tanks I wish to add it to?

im still not very clear on how to actually do this. So I would have to make completely new textures for this effect i want to happen? Please explain a little more...

im still not very clear on how to actually do this. So I would have to make completely new textures for this effect i want to happen? Please explain a little more...

Look here and everything will become clear.

To stop the explosion and secondary explosions you have to define it so in the config or use scripts ( again try FAB's work as he pretty much pioneered this afaik )

The crumpled paper effect when vehicles get destroyed was always one of my biggest hates with Ofp . FAB made a script that stoped the crumple effect , so the vehicle just becomes black and smokes .

Thanks for the help. Everything has now become clear to me wow_o.gif