Sign in to follow this  
hyori

tank vehicle shaking problem

just awhile back i got the Talon SWORDS model from DaSquade (thanks again mate) but i have not been able to get it to work properly.

the problem is that the vehicle will keep shaking non-stop the moment the gunner moves the turret. if i just start the game, and not move the turret at all, the vehicle can move along fine. once the turret moves an inch it all goes haywire.

could anyone help me out?

thanks.

I have this problem with every car class vehicle, that has an mounted gun (cal.50 and stuff like that). Aslong I drive around or the vehicle is not moving every thing is fine, but when I get in as gunner and move the gun, the vehicle starts bouncing that strong that it is impossible to aim. I don`t know what causes this, but it looks like it`s the same problem that we both have?

So it`s not a tank class problem me thinks. huh.gif

i made on of these little talon robot things and it was shaking really bad too, the problem is that ofp doesnt like really small tanks sad_o.gif

thats the problem is that the model is too small

thanks for the replies.

perhaps i could try enlarging the GeoLODs or just place a huge box there and see how that turns out. it'll make things rather weird though.

no no.. check so not geolod is below the contact lod.

I have a very small unit (defined as tank) and it works perfectly.

it could also be a result of the GEO lod's weight distribution being put on to say the barrel which obviously hangs, or the turret..... what i recommend is give the majority (65%) of the weight to the hull, about 15% of the model on the wheels. And the rest on the turret leaving about 2/3 % on the barrel of the tank depending on how heavy the and big the turret is

i had to scale the GeoLOD to twice the size to make the vehicle stable. i've done all the weight balancing, checking of the land contacts etc... nothing works

resigned to the fate that OFP does not like small stuff. I was hoping to be able to get the robot to enter some buildings sad_o.gif

Hi,

your turret and the rest of the tank have a collision detection. Control if the turret is turnable without crossing the rest of the tank, especially control the rotating axis.