Sign in to follow this  
Eddie Haskel

How to create a MOD file

I have used Search, using various combinations to my question, but nothing jumped out and said, "This is how you do it!" I got pages and pages of things, but not a direct (or indeirect) answer.

How do you make a MOD directory? Not to be confused with "How do you make a MOD?" All I want to know is, What goes in the directory, and how do u link that directory to OFP?

Thanks! yay.gif

Eddie

Basicly just OFP/@MODfolder/addons/putaddonshere

So you can manage your addons for example;

OFP/@RHS/addons/ for Red Hammer Studios addons.

To link open a OFP shortcut;

put this behind the target exe

-nosplah -nomap -mod=@RHS;@Islands

(nosplash = no startup screen, nomap = memory error fix, -mod = what folder to load with OFP and if you want to load more mods just put a ; between the names)

Ah once you learn the secert of MOD folders youll wounder how you manage without! Especially useful if your making missions and dont want to use 10 differnt mods by accedent (not very good if your planning to release it)

to make a mod folder first open up your OFP directory. For example mine is C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint

Now make a new folder and name it anything you like, for this example lets say its called 'MyMod'.

now open up the folder 'MyMod' and make another new folder and call it "Addons". Now place any addons you want into it. these addons will only be loaded up by OFP when you use the mod shortcut (explain later). Note: with some mods come Dta,Bin,and other folders. Just place all of them in the 'MyMod' folder.

Now once thats done go back to your desktop (or where ever your OFP shortcut is) and copy and paste your OFP shortcut.Right click on the copy and click properities, and there should be a text box labeld 'Target' with

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"
in the text box.

Now just edit the target so it reads:

Quote[/b] ]"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=MyMod -nosplash

Notice that there is now '-mod=MyMod -nosplash' added to the target. Click Ok and rename the short cut any thing you like. then double click and enjoy! all the addons youve placed in the mod folders addon folder are now loaded up by OFP, as well as any thing in your normal Addons folder

Edit: darn every one posted before me tounge2.gif

Excellent! That's EXACTLY what I wanted to know! Of course, I should've looked to Avon Lady, but after the 45min. here running around, I forgot.

Thanks for all the answers, this will help ALOT!

Eddie

Tellya: That "@" is in no way required in the name of the mod folder. Why do people use it anyway? Makes finding the modfolder a lot harder.

I figured out why. It moves the folder to the top of the directory when you refresh! Of course, only when your Flashpoint directory is set to sort by name!

Eddie