Sign in to follow this  
Eddie Haskel

The Living Dead

Quote[/b] ] I've been mission editing as long as the date on my nick, so I'm a NOOB here!

well you have found out how scripts work 10 times faster then me (and i still suck at mission editing) smile_o.gif

anyways what i ment was: if you spawn a unit, that units should be already present in the mission, so if you spawn a "z_Farmer" , put another one of him somewhere on an island where he wont be killed. If a unit is not preloaded (placed in the mission editor before the mission starts), OFP has to load that unit while you are playing, wich gives a little "hang" while OFP is loading that unit. Hope that explains it. smile_o.gif

EDIT: and random spawn script created by Duck of death:

(note: he made this script when i asked the same question, because i had the excact same problem once wink_o.gif )

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_player = _this select 0

_rdx = _this select 1

_rdy = _this select 2

_rx1 = random _rdx

_rx2 = random _rdx

_ry1 = random _rdy

_ry2 = random _rdy

_rx = 50 + (_rx1 - _rx2)

_ry = 50 + (_ry1 - _ry2)

_position = [(getpos _player select 0) + _rx, (getpos _player select 1) + _ry, (getpos _player select 2)]

"SoldierWB" Createunit [_position, group UNIT, "newSold=this", 0.5, "PRIVATE"]

Started with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[player, x radius, y radius] exec "script.sqs"

EDIT: fixed small typo in the script

EDITnumber2216714552213521somthing: i dont know if this posts still makes sence after so many edits tounge2.gif

Nothing happens. Using the Hint clue from Trapper (Thanks!wink_o.gif, I get an "array" message. That's it.

Tried several variations, but then I get an error.

Looking at the script I get the theory easily enough, the 3 different "_this selects" are for the 3 entries for the trigger.

The lines after are for getting numbers to decide the distance from P1.

The 2nd to last line sets up the position for he last line, which is the unit created.

I thought maybe the height needed to go in also, but that is not the case. And as the message from Hint said "array", I assume it means the arry in the trigger.

Any tips?

Eddie

NEW EDIT:

Got it up and running. There was slight delay, but works, and I think the delay is less than my other plan (or I don't have all the zombies "preloaded" as you suggested.

Thanks again for the help. I'm gonna play around witht this a little, and see what comes of it!

Eddie

This should work, it is the script i posted, just click on the radio and a unit should apear somewhere (randomly) around you smile_o.gif

Looks like we posted at the same time! lol!

I got them up and running. several mistakes on my part.

1) where it says: group UNIT, I was leaving the word group in! (NOOB error).

It pops them all in within sight of the unit, so I think I need to increase the numbers in the INIT after player, and then I'm gonna see if I can spiff this up and get them to come out at different locations individually. Using an If/then for like under 150meters.

One problem I DID find with the script is that the zombies all seemed to come from the same direction, as if the spawned in the same direction, just at a different distance. Ithought thought maybe because of the line:

_position = [(getpos _player select 0) + _rx, (getpos _player select 1) + _ry, (getpos _player select 2)]

Should look like this:

_pos = [(getpos _player select 0), (getpos _player select 1) + _rx, (getpos _player select 2) + _ry]

Note the _rx and the _ry are now at select 1 and select 2. Well, they load, they come, and always from true North on the compass. wierd. Lemme know if this change in the script is correct though!

Eddie

Looks like we posted at the same time! lol!

I got them up and running. several mistakes on my part.

1) where it says: group UNIT, I was leaving the word group in! (NOOB error).

It pops them all in within sight of the unit, so I think I need to increase the numbers in the INIT after player, and then I'm gonna see if I can spiff this up and get them to come out at different locations individually. Using an If/then for like under 150meters.

One problem I DID find with the script is that the zombies all seemed to come from the same direction, as if the spawned in the same direction, just at a different distance.  Ithought thought maybe because of the line:

Should look like this:

_pos = [(getpos _player select 0), (getpos _player select 1) + _rx, (getpos _player select 2) + _ry]

Note the _rx and the _ry are now at select 1 and select 2.  Well, they load, they come, and always from true North on the compass. wierd. Lemme know if this change in the script is correct though!

Eddie

the zombies always facing north..., mhm, i guess that can be fixed with

unitname setdir random 360

and i also found out why the units most of the time spawn to the north east...

this part:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_rx = 50 + (_rx1 - _rx2)

_ry = 50 + (_ry1 - _ry2)

tells the unit to spawn at 50 meters north of the player + a random number AND 50 meters east of the player + a random number

right now i am kinda messing around with the script for a good solution, but heh, i suck at scripting  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: the change in the script is  (i think) not correct, because the getpos command works like this:

[x,y,z] wich is [left/right,north/south,up/down], so your change will make a unit spawn in the air... (well, if ive read everything correctly)  smile_o.gif

EDIT: succeeded in getting it to work  smile_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_player = _this select 0

_rdx = _this select 1

_rdy = _this select 2

#random

_rx1 = random _rdx

_rx2 = random _rdx

_ry1 = random _rdy

_ry2 = random _rdy

_rx = (_rx1 - _rx2)

_ry = (_ry1 - _ry2)

_position = [(getpos _player select 0) + _rx,(getpos _player select 1) + _ry, (getpos _player select 2)]

;_position = [(getpos _player select 0), (getpos _player select 1) + _rx, (getpos _player select 2) + _ry]

"SoldierWB" Createunit [_position, group UNIT, "newSold=this", 0.5, "PRIVATE"]

[newsold] join grpnull

? (newsold distance _player) < 50: goto "randomreplace"

goto "exit"

#randomreplace

_rx11 = random _rdx

_rx21 = random _rdx

_ry11 = random _rdy

_ry21 = random _rdy

_rx1 = (_rx11 - _rx21)

_ry1 = (_ry11 - _ry21)

_position1 = [(getpos _player select 0) + _rx1,(getpos _player select 1) + _ry1, (getpos _player select 2)]

newsold setpos _position1

goto "exit"

#exit

? (newsold distance _player) < 50: hint "fault"

exit

still works the same, if you want to change the minimum distance from the player, you should edit the 50 in

? (newsold distance _player) < 50

those lines  smile_o.gif

from ofpforum:

EDIT: the change in the script is (i think) not correct, because the getpos command works like this:

[x,y,z] wich is [left/right,north/south,up/down], so your change will make a unit spawn in the air... (well, if ive read everything correctly)

yeah, but the [x,y,z] that we're using isn't for left/right,north/south,up/down. I know what u mean, but then the first line shouldn't be: _player = _this select 0, as all that is doing is telling the script what the object is for 0. (Right?) huh.gif

I didn't mean they face North, I just meant they come from N. (Didn't look to see which way they were facing though!wink_o.gif

whistle.gif

Seems to work though. Will playtest a little more. I just ran through the mission. Damn dogs!! Thought I had taken everything down, 2 dogs attack me after the men are in chopper. Tok all my rounds to take em down. Went to airport, landed, and spent probably 10-12 minnutes in a firefight, zombies coming out my ears (keep in mind i have no ammo either!wink_o.gif My troops held their ground though, crying for more ammo, some down to pistols. I just ran around to bodies trying to find a damn clip that woul dfit my weapon!!!!!! I was happy when it over. And then 4 more come out of the woods! I started to think the game took a way of its own and was spawning zombies just to get my goat (I don't remember putting THAT many in!wink_o.gif was fun!

If I come across anything exciting about the script, will let u know!

Eddie pistols.gif

from ofpforum:

EDIT: the change in the script is  (i think) not correct, because the getpos command works like this:

[x,y,z] wich is [left/right,north/south,up/down], so your change will make a unit spawn in the air... (well, if ive read everything correctly)  

yeah, but the [x,y,z] that we're using isn't for left/right,north/south,up/down.  I know what u mean, but then the first line shouldn't be: _player = _this select 0, as all that is doing is telling the script what the object is for 0. (Right?)  huh.gif

the _player = _this select 0 part means that in

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[player, x radius, y radius] exec "script.sqs"

that _player = player

_rdx = x radius

_rdy = y radius

so it is for activating the script, not for getting the position of the object smile_o.gif

anyway, the script should say "fault" when a unit is spawned too close, but this script is very simple, and i dont think it is possible that OFP can mess it up... wink_o.gif

It works for me too! starts in different directions, etc. etc. (as long as the numbers in the trigger are not too low). I set them both to 10, just to see, and teh zombie girl was warping all over me! hehehe

Now I gotta figure how how to use this for more than one zombie. If i put :

line in between the zombie createunit line, I imagine it will only work up until the first zombie has to use the GOTO, and then it skips the rest. Will playtest it awhile and see what I can do with it.

Thank you VERY much for all this help!!!!

Eddie

<s>think that you should spawn 1 zombie with my script, and then spawn the other zombies with your script at the position of the zombie spawned with my script...  smile_o.gif</s>

<s>EDIT: a zombie spawned with my script is called "newsold", as you probably noticed, so

"z_Farmer" createUnit [getPos newsold, Kilo,"Z11=this"]

should work, just replace the ENFORCE with newsold in your script  smile_o.gif</s>

EDIT: combined the 2 scripts

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; part made by duck of death

_player = _this select 0

_rdx = _this select 1

_rdy = _this select 2

#random

_rx1 = random _rdx

_rx2 = random _rdx

_ry1 = random _rdy

_ry2 = random _rdy

_rx = (_rx1 - _rx2)

_ry = (_ry1 - _ry2)

_position = [(getpos _player select 0) + _rx,(getpos _player select 1) + _ry, (getpos _player select 2)]

;_position = [(getpos _player select 0), (getpos _player select 1) + _rx, (getpos _player select 2) + _ry]

"z_Farmer" Createunit [_position, group UNIT, "newSold=this", 0.5, "PRIVATE"]

[newsold] join grpnull

; part copied and pasted by ofpforum/nemesis

; goto "exit"    (obsolete code?)

#randomreplace

_rx11 = random _rdx

_rx21 = random _rdx

_ry11 = random _rdy

_ry21 = random _rdy

_rx1 = (_rx11 - _rx21)

_ry1 = (_ry11 - _ry21)

_position1 = [(getpos _player select 0) + _rx1,(getpos _player select 1) + _ry1, (getpos _player select 2)]

? (newsold distance _player) > 50: goto "spawnothers"

~0.1

; part made by Eddie Haskel

; My first attempt at creating a scripting, so anything is possible.

; BIS, Codemasters and myself are NOT responsible is your computer does an

; this setdammage 1 on you!

#spawnothers

"z_priest1" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z3=this"]

~0.2

[Z3] join grpnull

;Unit = group Z3      (obsolete code?)

group Z3 setgroupid ["Charlie","Groupcolor0"]

~0.1

"basezman" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z4=this"]

~0.1

"z_Girl" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z5=this"]

~0.1

"z_executive" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z6=this"]

~0.1

"z_worker" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z7=this"]

~0.1

"z_Farmer" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z8=this"]

~0.1

"z_Security" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z9=this"]

~0.1

"z_worker" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z10=this"]

~0.1

"z_Farmer" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z11=this"]

~0.1

"z_newman" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z12=this"]

~0.1

"GENB_Hound" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z13=this"]

~0.1

"GENB_Hound" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z14=this"]

~0.1

[Z3, Z4, Z5, Z6, Z7, Z8, Z9, Z10, Z11, Z12, Z13, Z14] join grpNull

goto "exit"

; end of script and check

#exit

? (newsold distance _player) < 50: hint "fault"

exit

still activated with [player, x radius, y radius] exec "script.sqs"

and it needs an EAST unit called UNIT, otherwise the enemys wont spawn  smile_o.gif

Up and running without a hitch! Mission is mving along well, now. Have a cam scene with the priest that looks nice, though a little long as he has to explain what is going on. Looking forward to making real progress over the weekend!

Eddie pistols.gif

Situation moving along well. Have a nice pic at the beginning of a hurricane when the mission starts, with a short letter from General Haskel. 3 seperate groups of zombies (36 different ones!wink_o.gif, so it won't be often you'll see 2 of the same zombies at the same time, unless your team members screw up! Got a pack of dogs (hellhounds without fire), that look innocent, but if you get unlucky and don't see them before they're on you, it's hectic! I gotta figure out now how to save the dogs separate so it doesn't mess up the awesome GENB_Vamps mod. GENB was nice enough to let me play with them, and gave me some tips on "turning them off". Now I just gotta set it up to it can be its own pbo, and I have NO idea how to do that. They have to be renamed somehow, and saved as a seperate pbo.And I have no idea if I can just take out certain things out the PBO, if I have to rename the contents of the files inside, blah blah. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Other then the usual zombie addons there will be some others needed, (HAWKS C130 for example), and a few vewhicles to make the island look more "lived in", but I am trying ma hardest to keep it down to things most people already have (MapFact Objects and so on).

Anyone have a good suggestion for random encounters? The planned encounters I have covered pretty well, but there needs to be some "randomness" in the game for re-playability. The only thing I know how to do is cover the map with triggers set on percentage (30% chance it will activate). My idea (and the idea is SOOOO cheap) is to have triggers in and close to town with a higher percentage then say, the middle of the woods. Of course they would be set to "repeatedly"! Any suggestiona are welcome!

Eddie

well, ive modded that spawn script a bit for personal use

and now it keeps spawning guys on a random place once in a while (few minutes), its not really great, but you wont be left alone, so it keeps the mission hard, altough i only use it in a crappy "zombie shooter" mission, where you run around everon shooting zombies and looking for ammo, untill you die  tounge2.gif

anyway, you might try to make something usefull out of it  smile_o.gif

EDIT: this script is far from optimized, but hell, it was just for me wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; part made by duck of death

#start

;goon = false

;check = false

_player = _this select 0

_rdx = _this select 1

_rdy = _this select 2

#random

_rx1 = random _rdx

_rx2 = random _rdx

_ry1 = random _rdy

_ry2 = random _rdy

_rx = (_rx1 - _rx2)

_ry = (_ry1 - _ry2)

? !(alive _player): goto "exit"

"z_Farmer" Createunit [_position, group UNIT, "newSold=this", 0.5, "PRIVATE"]

[newsold] join grpnull

; part copied and pasted by ofpforum/nemesis

? (newsold distance _player) < 100: goto "randomreplace"

; goto "exit"    (obsolete code?)

#randomreplace

_rx11 = random _rdx

_rx21 = random _rdx

_ry11 = random _rdy

_ry21 = random _rdy

_rx1 = (_rx11 - _rx21)

_ry1 = (_ry11 - _ry21)

? (newsold distance _player) < 100: goto "randomreplace"

? (newsold distance _player) > 100: goto "spawnothers"

~0.1

; part made by Eddie Haskel

; My first attempt at creating a scripting, so anything is possible.

; BIS, Codemasters and myself are NOT responsible is your computer does an

; this setdammage 1 on you!

#spawnothers

"z_priest1" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z3=this"]

~0.2

[Z3] join grpnull

;Unit = group Z3      (obsolete code?)

group Z3 setgroupid ["Charlie","Groupcolor0"]

~0.1

"basezman" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z4=this"]

~0.1

"z_Girl" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z5=this"]

~0.1

"z_executive" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z6=this"]

~0.1

"z_worker" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z7=this"]

~0.1

"z_Farmer" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z8=this"]

~0.1

"z_Security" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z9=this"]

~0.1

"z_worker" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z10=this"]

~0.1

"z_Farmer" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z11=this"]

~0.1

"z_newman" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z12=this"]

~0.1

"zombieex1" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z13=this"]

~0.1

"zombieexwoman1" createUnit [getPos newsold, group UNIT,"Z14=this"]

~0.1

[Z3, Z4, Z5, Z6, Z7, Z8, Z9, Z10, Z11, Z12, Z13, Z14] join grpNull

;check = true

;~1

;@goon

#checkaliveanddistance

?!(alive Z3) AND !(alive Z4) AND !(alive Z5) AND !(alive Z6) AND !(alive Z7) AND !(alive Z8) AND !(alive Z9) AND !(alive Z10) AND !(alive Z11) AND !(alive Z12) AND !(alive Z13) AND !(alive Z14): goto "deleteall"

? (_player distance Z3) > 400 AND (_player distance Z4) > 400 AND (_player distance Z5) > 400 AND (_player distance Z6) > 400 AND (_player distance Z7) > 400 AND (_player distance Z8) > 400 AND (_player distance Z9) > 400 AND (_player distance Z10) > 400 AND (_player distance Z11) > 400 AND (_player distance Z12) > 400 AND (_player distance Z13) > 400 AND (_player distance Z14) > 400:  goto "deleteall"

~0.5

goto "checkaliveanddistance"

#deleteall

;hint "deleting"

deletevehicle Z3

~0.1

deletevehicle Z4

~0.1

deletevehicle Z5

~0.1

deletevehicle Z6

~0.1

deletevehicle Z7

~0.1

deletevehicle Z8

~0.1

deletevehicle Z9

~0.1

deletevehicle Z10

~0.1

deletevehicle Z11

~0.1

deletevehicle Z12

~0.1

deletevehicle Z13

~0.1

deletevehicle Z14

~0.1

goto "donewaiting"

#donewaiting

;hint "works"

_randomtime = random 60

~180 + _randomtime

goto "start"

; end of script and check

#exit

;? (newsold distance _player) < 100: hint "fault"

hint "exit"

exit

Will take a good look at it. Do u have to deletevehicle though? My zombies fade away after x seconds, or if I "Hide body". Or is that an option just for u since you're just using it to hammer zombies? Theoretically, u could cover the map with square triggers, some one-timers (for planned encounters and some for the random). set the trigger up for percentage, and when it hits, it sets off one of these. Then you don't even know if the area you just cleared will even be cleared 5 minutes from now.!

At the moment I'm doing homework on scripting. The "planned" encounters for my mission are done, now I'm working on the fine stuff, like randomizing encounters. Have several ideas I'm playing out, and they all seem to work well for the mission. Had trouble the last 2 days, as I wanted to add a pic at the beginning of the mission, with some info (like a handout). So I went into Intro, and by the end of the day my entire mission was doing whacky things. So I started from scratch again. Luckily, everytime I make a script that does what I want, I save it to another directory (to use or review the next time around!wink_o.gif. That saved alot of rebuild time, and gave me ideas to shorten scripts or fine tune things on the map. Thnx again for the script, will put it through the ringer!

Oh, and "the old crew" zombies are the ones that do the radio talk at the beginning. "Radio East: blah blah blah". So I'm leaving them out. All other zombies work fine

Eddie

Do u have to deletevehicle though?

they are being deleted when the player is too far away, otherwise the player could take a car and drive to the other side of the island, while the zombies have too walk, and that would make this script almost useless  tounge2.gif

EDIT: btw, if you use this script, you should spawn less zombies, AND/OR only spawn them once in a while (if you dont know how to do that, i can help you)

mission coming along ok, but time is what I need more of!! hehehe

Working on a script that will make an addaction to search a house, and then randomly several things will happen.

a) civilians (3 dif groups so u won't always get the same ones showing up) appear that need to be taken care of.

b) zombies (Also 3 groups), that also need to be "takne care of" wink_o.gif

c) pack of dogs

d) nobody home

got the basics done, and will be testing the script over the weekend.

A question, can u make an line for "equal to or greater than" or "equal to or less than" in a script? I know about < 50 and > 50, but how would i make it => or =>. Haven't had time to try it yet, so not sure if it's that simple.

Also working on a random countdown script, that itself then randomly determines if something spawns or not. That way, u don't have something spawning EXACTLY every ten minutes or whatever.

Eddie

It looks like you're are ready for the official OFP comref now. thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: A direct link wasn't working. Visit the page and click on "editing" at bottom left. It's the first file.

"Equal or greater/less" is really that simple, but you will find everything in this file.

For simple random timers try to use the three time values in triggers. Min, middle and max time.

You even have the choice between countdown (after activation wait with execution) or time out (only activate if condition lasts long enough).

If you want to script a random timer, make use of random and maths:

~(random 10) = wait between 0 and 10 seconds

~(5 + (random 5)) = wait between 5 and 10 seconds

got the comref, just haven't had TOO much time to look through it due to work. Hoping to have time on the weekend to get a good start on the last couple of scripts I need.

The references to random are just what I needed. I knew it was possible, just didn't know exactly how it was used as a command. So that was a big help also! Thanks!

Eddie

House search script up and running fine!! Couldn't get the addaction to remove itself afterwards. Had to play around, until I just added it to the beginning of the search script (wasn't working by adding a second trigger, that activating after activating the first trigger.

The ability to "search houses is now available! Working now on bringing the lag down (removes spaces, shorten names, etc. etc.). I don't have lag when the zombies load, as they are already placed on remote island, but load time is REALLY long, Due to all the Game Logics needed (9). And I THINK that I don't need all 9, but I'll ask that question when it's time! wink_o.gif And I get an error from the dogs about the "relaxed action position" missing or something like that the first time i load the mission. The second time i load it it plays fine though, dogs and all. As the dogs are modified hellhounds in the pbo, I also need to figure out how (and which) info to remove from the pbo to create a pbo just for them. Have talked to GB about it already, so he knows I've played with them (he was also nice enough to give me some hints on getting rid of the fire!wink_o.gif

Also planning on having alot of burning, smoking buildings. If I just start the game with one burning/smoking building, I can use triggers that activate the other buildings whenever the player is within eye distance, and deactivate them again when he leaves. Maybe that will help with the lag.

But the MAJOR part is over the hill now, the random stuff. Now I can finish with the planned encounters, etc. etc. When it is FINALLY finished, I will put out 2 versions, one with all the addons (a "fully dressed" mission") and one with one the "needed" addons. Addons SO FAR are:

"hwk_C130",

"fml_civilians",

"GENB_Vamps",

"fml_anbc",

"ScottT_Zombie_Daemon",

"5tcontainer",

"JAM_Vehicles",

"CATHouseFire1",

"ZombieMod_OverturnedBus",

"zombie1truck",

"LampWhite",

"SmallRunwayMarkerGreen",

"runwaymarkerwhite",

"BWMOD_Objects",

"OFPEC_Blood",

"downedhelo2",

"5tcontainer_crash",

"C130v1a",

"bis_resistance",

"HH60G",

"zombie",

"ScottT_Tough_Zombies",

"scottt_resistance_zombies",

"UNDEADDD",

"KEGsw629c",

"TestBabe",

"MAP_Editorupgrade",

"artcharacters"

As u can all see, alot are zombie addons we already have. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, feel free to let me know. Eddie

Just spent the last 3 days fighting viruses. I won, but it took away from needed time to work on mod.

Had the mission saved seperate though, so it was just a matter of reinstalling OFP and adding the addons. 99% done, except now I'm missing:

artcharacters

KEGsw629c

Kegs is the handgun I think, artcharacters unsure, think it from the same person as berg_deco.pbo. Anyone know which PBOs these are under, as the pbos are NOT those names.

Thnx!

Oh, and for a news update

You have the option to search EACH AND EVERY building on the island for survivors.

You will have the option to request reinforcements for fallen comrades, but only after the airport and naval yard are secure, and still "if" a replacement is available.

Eddie

Edit:found KEGsw629c. That's SWRevolvers10.zip!!

Also, the second problem was DEFINETLY with the artbusinessman. I removed him from my mission.sqm, and scripts, and now I get the message about config.cpp/CFGVehicles.ArtBusinessMan. BUT, Now at least I can get in the mission. Anyone know how to get rid of the above error message?

Fixed it. Was able to remove all instances of Artbusinessman, from the mission.sqm, the scripts, etc. etc. Mission loads now.

Now I'm working on reducing the SERIOUS lag I have. There's ALOT of triggers for burning buildings and the "Search House" script. I'm working on a script that when you approach one of the objects in the list, it'll add the option in the menu to search it. This will save on the HUGE amount of triggers (Have you seen how many houses are actually on Sarugao? ALOT!wink_o.gif

Eddie

Wow thats quite a crappy script i made there, shame on me! rofl.gif

Anyway: I think that this project died, unfortunately.. confused_o.gif

Yes, it died, ultimate harddrive failure, took all my work with it....

i was REAL proud of it, but to get BACK to the point I was at would've taken much too long. The first mission ran about 45 minutes, the troops (nbc9) flew in o C-130 in rough weather, lightning strikes it, forces them to jump. Upon landing, their first mission was to meet with the local Priest, a short walk away, but attacked on the way by dogs (no fire spitting, got permission to remove that), and a few Z's. A cutscene to a talk with the priest, explaining what happened several nights before, how survives from the storm held u in the church, only to have the church visited by Zs, including the priests brother... Then they get a radio call from a CH53, looking for them as the C-130 has been reported missing. On the way to the pickup, they are hit again by Zs. Once in the chopper, which is programmable to take them all over the island and drop them off n pick them up (it moves a short distance away and lands), they receive orders to proceed to the local airfield and inspect it to see if the military can use it as a temporary base. This involved clearing out several areas, shipping ports (ships visible in background even), and finally reporting the Airfield clean. as the first C-5 Galaxy lands (Does ANYONE realize how hard it is to get a C5 Galaxy to land?!?!?), Zs come from the west woods, some even in front of the taxiing C-5, and the base is overrun (the C-5 runs off the end of the runway, crashing, killing all occupants). Base is lost, Command says the local Radio Tower has also went offair, and to repair it, so communications can be restored to the airfield on the north island. Call the chopper, move in heavy fog to the the tower, attacked upon landing, repair the tower.... and that was as far as I had gotten.... sad_o.gif

HOWEVER,

I have the German Version of Armed Assault, 4 Z's that fight are already there, and have started my first project! smile_o.gif