Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

BD Grenade Pack v1.6

BD Grenade Pack v1.6 - By Kyle Sarnik (aka Big Dawg KS)

Changes:

- Fixed size of all models

- Fixed texture problems

- Added Mk2 grenade

- Added M84 flasbang

- Fixed bugs with bouncing grenades

- Improved bouncing grenades

- Improved flashbang scripts

- Improved smoke block scripts

Screenshots (Click for Larger):

g15zc.th.jpgg27yj.th.jpg

g33fp.th.jpg

Credits:

Kyle Sarnik - Models/Scripts/Config

Offtime - Models/Textures

Download:

BD Grenade Pack v1.6 [3.76 MB]

- Hosted by Rapidshare (www.rapidshare.de)

Enjoy  pistols.gif

Thanks in advance. Will check 'em out tonight.

Sad to see your grenades not part of BMI operators... whistle.gif

Thanks in advance. Will check 'em out tonight.

Sad to see your grenades not part of BMI operators... whistle.gif

Well you can add em yourself. Here is what a script to replace BIS grenades would look like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit = _this

#Frags

~0.05

? "HandGrenade" in magazines _unit : _unit removemagazine "HandGrenade"; _unit addmagazine "BD_M67"; goto "Frags"

#SmokeWhite

~0.05

? "SmokeShell" in magazines _unit : _unit removemagazine "SmokeShell"; _unit addmagazine "BD_ANM8"; goto "SmokeWhite"

#SmokeGreen

~0.05

? "SmokeShellGreen" in magazines _unit : _unit removemagazine "SmokeShellGreen"; _unit addmagazine "BD_M18Green"; goto "SmokeGreen"

#SmokeRed

~0.05

? "SmokeShellRed" in magazines _unit : _unit removemagazine "SmokeShellRed"; _unit addmagazine "BD_M18Red"; goto "SmokeRed"

#Scripts

[_unit,1] exec "\BD_GrenadePack\AddNewUnit.sqs"

exit

Maybe I will include this script in the next release...

Downloading right now, also do the flashbangs and smoke grenades actually blind the enemy?

Downloading right now, also do the flashbangs and smoke grenades actually blind the enemy?

Yes, but only as much as the OFP engine allows for... confused_o.gif

Very nice grenade pack!

One question... Does the smoke grenades block the AI's LOS like the JAM2 smoke grenades? I tried them but they didn't seemed to effective?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Very nice grenade pack!

One question... Does the smoke grenades block the AI's LOS like the JAM2 smoke grenades? I tried them but they didn't seemed to effective?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Yes and just like the JAM grenades you have to be standing in the center of the smoke in order to not be seen. I am hoping the smoke blocks in JAM3 will be better and when its released I will probably use that method.

Yes and just like the JAM grenades you have to be standing in the center of the smoke in order to not be seen. I am hoping the smoke blocks in JAM3 will be better and when its released I will probably use that method.

I have an enlarged "smoke blocking object" that I use myself to replace the one in JAM2 if you are interested? That makes smoke grenades much more effective (and usefull) IMHO.

Let me know if you are interested...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I have an enlarged "smoke blocking object" that I use myself to replace the one in JAM2 if you are interested? That makes smoke grenades much more effective (and usefull) IMHO.

Let me know if you are interested...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Sure, just send me a PM. smile_o.gif

Also, I will soon begin working on some russian grenades.

PM sent!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Ok I just have to know, has anyone really used these yets in like any missions or for their addons? I really have to know if my idea is working... huh.gif

Nice pack. Too bad I can't get it working with BMI operator (just used removeallweapons and addmagazine and addweapon via Init line), but with BDKS soldier it works fine.

smile_o.gif

Please read the readme icon_rolleyes.gif you need to execute the AddNewUnit script:

[unit,0] exec "\BD_GrenadePack\AddNewUnit.sqs" - non-bouncing grenades

[unit,1] exec "\BD_GrenadePack\AddNewUnit.sqs" - bouncing grenades

Thats what you get for not reading the readme band.gif

nener.gif Anyways my idea was to make this universal grenade pack, like JAM for grenades, and soon I will have more grenades from different countries and eras. I just hope you guys appreciate finaly having new, good quality grenades yay.gif

offcourse we do...

i'm just waiting for your amazing nam soldiers, with finger pressing triger, with helmet animation and etc...

sad_o.gif To tell you the truth, I think I did a better job on the grenade pack, seeing as how the Nam troops are a mess right now:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8741

Have fun. Also, don't use Machinegunner 1, alot of people (including myself) have experienced CTD's while using that unit.

Back on topic, if anyone wants to show me some information (and pictures) of a grenade they want included, PM me. Maybe you're country uses their own grenade that is not very popular, if you PM me I will try to add it for a future release.

Thanks for fixing that M61 Bug. notworthy.gif

Will you check my coding here please?<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeMagazines "handgrenade"; this removeWeapon "handgrenade"; this addMagazine "BD_M61"; this addWeapon "BD_M61"; [this, 1] exec "\BD_grenadePack\AddNewUnit.sqs";

Your handgrenades--almost everything works, just that there's an "empty" frag left in my inventory, waiting to be "reloaded".

Yes I can help you. By adding "BD_M61" with addWeapon, you are preventing the script from working properly. So simply use:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeMagazines "handgrenade"; this addMagazine "BD_M61"; [this, 1] exec "\BD_grenadePack\AddNewUnit.sqs"