Sign in to follow this  
DEATHBULLET

Campaign-missions dissapear

After I quit playing a Campaign mission and i quit ofp It seems when i open ofp up the Campaign mission i stopped at dissapear, including the missions i passed, its happening to me a quite while now and I cant even finish a whole campaign because all the missions get erased. Plz help! help.gif

When you say dissapear... what do you mean? Does the pbo files dissapear from your hd?

Or are they simply not showing up in the campaign menu?

Any error messages? CTD:s???

I need a little bit more information to help you. Did you play around with the CAMPAIGN cheat before you hit "save" and "exit"?

Nope I've never added the cheat, no the pbo files dont dissapear they remain the same just that the missions get erased, and yes sometimes i do get error messages but like once out of 5 times i play any type of campaign ill try and find the text..

What version of OFP are you using Deathbullet? There was an issue with the resistance campaign version 1.75, if I remeber correctly. Have you patched to version 1.96?

Otherwise, yeah, just use the campaign 'cheat' and carry on where you left off.

yep I've patched the game to 1.96, anyways how do u make the cheat I cant seem to do it i got GOTY version by the way

From Avons FAQ:

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

"The following cheats are built into OFP by BIS and do not trigger FADE:

Hold the left SHIFT key and press the MINUS ("-") key on your keyboard's numeric keypad. Once you have done so, type in one of the following codes to activate the respective cheat:

savegame - Type during gameplay. This will save your game's retry position. Each time you save your retry position, your previous retry position will be overwritten. For other alternatives to performing multiple saves, read this FAQ item.

endmission - Type during gameplay. This will let you end your mission before completion and, in a campaign, will let you continue to the next mission. All this comes at a price, however.

campaign - Type during the main menu. This will display all the missions in a campaign and let you play them out of sequence as individual single player missions.

topography - (From OFP: Resistance version 1.75 and above, you must play with a TERRAIN DETAIL setting of VERY LOW for this to work). This isn't a cheat but you might appreciate the results. Type during gameplay or while in the mission editor. This will create a file in your hard drive's root directory, named island_name.emf, containing a vector representation of the map of the island on which you are currently playing or editing. Note: these files are very large."

topography - (From OFP: Resistance version 1.75 and above, you must play with a TERRAIN DETAIL setting of VERY LOW for this to work). This isn't a cheat but you might appreciate the results. Type during gameplay or while in the mission editor. This will create a file in your hard drive's root directory, named island_name.emf, containing a vector representation of the map of the island on which you are currently playing or editing. Note: these files are very large."

and that was good for what? smile_o.gif i never knew what it did lol

Have you changed your player name? Doing that will create a new player with no saved missions. Than you can select your old player account, and get back your saved missions.

Quote[/b] ]and that was good for what? smile_o.gif i never knew what it did lol

No idea, the warning that "these files are very large" always scared me to try biggrin_o.gif

saying that, i've no idea what program would open an .emf file anyway

Anybody?

@Ade

yes i try that while playing campaign but it still dont work am either dumbfounded or somethign wrong...

@Mr. Tea

that may be it but who knows

Quote[/b] ]yes i try that while playing campaign but it still dont work am either dumbfounded or somethign wrong...

you need to type it whist on the campaign selection screen, as in the bit that looks like a book with left and right arrows to select the desired campaign, and a list of the missions completed thus far. Use the campaign cheat here, and the list will display all of the missions (including the ones that depend on the outcome of the previous mission).

Quote[/b] ]that may be it but who knows

nobody knows except you. give it a go as Mr_Tea says!