Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Firendly Markers on map in MP

Hi there.

I was wondering, now that this game is awesome and all, theres only one thing that I dont like. Why not make it so when you place markers on the map during an MP game, only your teammates will be able to see it?

It would be very usefull especially in Clan matches etc. Right now we are forced to ALT-tabbing to desktop to see strateges etc. It will also make a recon groups job alot easier, faster and more efficient.

BIS please comment on this one.

thanks

Yeah....side-specific markers would indeed be a nice addition. I believe we already asked BIS about it a long time ago, but I dunno why they didnt add it smile.gif

Yep... though it might take away my laughs when the other team discuss their strategy on the map smile.gif. At least i have the global channel then to gather intel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Jan. 17 2002,11:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why not make it so when you place markers on the map during an MP game, only your teammates will be able to see it?<span id='postcolor'>

This has been present in OFP since first release (1.00). All markers placed during MP game are visible to those listening on the radio channel currently selected for transmission. If you want to place marker only friendly troops will see, select Side channel. If you want to place marker for your group only, select Group channel.

Really?

I did alot of testing with Markers for Conquest, and I believe that was one of the things we tried out...

ah well...prolly just my wild imagination wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why not make it so when you place markers on the map during an MP game, only your teammates will be able to see it?<span id='postcolor'>

This has been present in OFP since first release (1.00). All markers placed during MP game are visible to those listening on the radio channel currently selected for transmission. If you want to place marker only friendly troops will see, select Side channel. If you want to place marker for your group only, select Group channel.<span id='postcolor'>

I've been using it for a long time, and it works great... It's always funny when people ask for stuff that's already been implimented  biggrin.gif