Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Everon Defence Force soldiers

this is great, EDF will be the "best" OPFOR army out there, becouse it´s fictional you can do whatever you want with it without caring about if it´s realistic or not smile_o.gif

now we just hope you make it a "real" army/Defence force with all from simple unarmed cars to Tanks, Artilleri, Airdefence, boats, choppers and planes... and dont forget the objects smile_o.gif

there is a lot of stuff they could use...

like for example their main heavy truck... could be a Volvo truck that is painted green (sweden, finland, Israel and many other armies use that irl, so it wouldnt be unrealistic) or whatever you choose smile_o.gif

oh, and btw, i havnt tested this pack yet, but i´ll D/L asap smile_o.gif

I reckon once Pathys got his F350 sorted it'd look pretty good with these blokes...

196wt1.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]this is great, EDF will be the "best" OPFOR army out there, becouse it´s fictional you can do whatever you want with it without caring about if it´s realistic or not

At least using scripts you can equip soldiers with whatever you like.

But when it comes to vehicles the camo should be identical.

Quote[/b] ]with all from simple unarmed cars to Tanks, Artilleri, Airdefence, boats, choppers and planes...

No space-station? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and dont forget the objects

What kind of objects?

Quote[/b] ]and dont forget the objects

What kind of objects?

Base objects, stuff used by the EDF...

all from barrels to containers and field hospitals...

actually i think that the EDF use very much containers...

like command containers, cooking containers, medic containers, repaircontainers, fuelcontainers and stuff like that

containers that very easily can be loaded onto trucks and transported...

if needed they should be extendable by connecting multiple containers and/or tents...

mostley they should use "hooklift" trucks... such as these Hooklift trucks

or other "civilian" trucks like these Trucks

Considering that Everon's a pretty small island and that this is their defence force, surely they'd just have normal facilities dotted around the island?

Is it going to have an MG on the top, or is it just going to be like the BRDM?

Or 2 versions thumbs-up.gif

Heres some info about it if you need any

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe....ion.htm wink_o.gif

It will be the main APC so expect a lot of versions of it wink_o.gif

I already know about the link, it was my main source of info for modeling this "thing" smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I reckon once Pathys got his F350 sorted it'd look pretty good with these blokes...

If Pathy is willing to donate the F350, this would be a very welcome addition smile_o.gif

failing that, i have a RSOV or WMIK model i could donate... the RSOV isn't very textured though... sad_o.gif

Wow! Nice addon! smile_o.gif

I've waited long for armed forces for the BIS-islands.

Now some more suggestions:

Could you add badge and/or the Everon-flag (btw: was one ever made?) to the soldiers?

I also miss some bags or pouches for magazines and hand grenades. Perhaps the different soldier-classes could get different equipment? For example a vest with grenades for the grenadier, bigger ammo-pouches for the machine gunner...

How about adding an AT-soldier?

The soldiers have body armor, but get killed by one 9mm-bullet.

Any chance for an officer with cap/beret?

In my opinion a boonie-hat would fit better to the recon-unit than a helmet with goggles.

Could you post a list of vehicles planed for the EDF?

Anyhow, great job so far! Keep up the awesome work! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I reckon once Pathys got his F350 sorted it'd look pretty good with these blokes...

If Pathy is willing to donate the F350, this would be a very welcome addition smile_o.gif

You'll have to ask him, I just thought they'd go well together.

You forgot to shove an AT bloke in btw wink_o.gif

Could you add badge and/or the Everon-flag (btw: was one ever made?) to the soldiers?

Don't believe there was ever a flag made for Everon. Maybe someone can make it? A badge will be added in the next release though.

Quote[/b] ]I also miss some bags or pouches for magazines and hand grenades. Perhaps the different soldier-classes could get different equipment? For example a vest with grenades for the grenadier, bigger ammo-pouches for the machine gunner...

How about adding an AT-soldier?

Any chance for an officer with cap/beret?

All will be added later.

Quote[/b] ]In my opinion a boonie-hat would fit better to the recon-unit than a helmet with goggles.

The recon guys are supposed to be some sort of an "SF" unit not really soldiers who are specially trained for recon.

Quote[/b] ]Could you post a list of vehicles planed for the EDF?

No nener.gif

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]failing that, i have a RSOV or WMIK model i could donate... the RSOV isn't very textured though...

Thanks for the offer mate smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Could you post a list of vehicles planed for the EDF?

No nener.gif

Thanks for the answer anyway! biggrin_o.gif

Edit: I will try to make some flags for Everon...

Quote[/b] ]failing that, i have a RSOV or WMIK model i could donate... the RSOV isn't very textured though...

Thanks for the offer mate smile_o.gif

no worries... im not sure how they'd look alongside the troops AND whether they'd suit the type of army they are (i'd see them going with old cold war weapons and equipment than american and brit kit) but like i said, the offer's there.

I hope, our suggestions are not "too much" at the moment, but I see a great future for this addons. wink_o.gif

This troops really should be more "NATO like", no russian stuff please.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I made this one a long time ago. biggrin_o.gif

<link removed>

Here's my first try to create a flag for Everon:

everonflag6wr.jpg

Comments are of course welcome! smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Comments are of course welcome! smile_o.gif

Very good!

My only complaint would be that green and white have been adopted in several addons as Nogova's colours. Other than that, it kicks arse.

My only complaint would be that green and white have been adopted in several addons as Nogova's colours. Other than that, it kicks arse.

Recognized that too. Perhaps I will change to blue completely.

I hope, our suggestions are not "too much" at the moment, but I see a great future for this addons. wink_o.gif

This troops really should be more "NATO like", no russian stuff please.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

yeah I definately agree with both statements...thanks for doing this addon...finally they'll be NEW mission ideas ..maybe even a civil war among the islands..and definately nato equipment would be the way to go...Everon and the rest of the Malden group is more likely to be supported by NATO thank former soviet bloc countries according to the history of the BIS campaigns...I was also thinking...have u determined if the EDF is gonna be the military for the entire Malden island group or just for Malden..the reason I ask is because Everon is REALLY REALLY small compared to the other islands and wouldn't be able to support a respectable size air force with only one small airstrip more suited for small civilian aircraft but if your goal is to make the EDF the defense for the the entire island group then more types of equipment would be feasible..just a thought...

Iraqi forces also get stuff rom the us but still have AKsa nd T55s in use so i dont see why there should be absolutely no russian equipment.

They should have enough left over from the war.

Just my 2 cents smile_o.gif

But think about it... Everon would have probably have more experience in a T72 than a M60. However... I must say a MIX of both US and Soviet equipment would make this pretty cool. Just like my previous suggestions. Plus it would be cheaper to order overstocked T62s or T72s than wait 8 months for the US to rebuild an understocked M60 fleet. Plus the UN would still have SOME bases on the islands. Plus I remember that in the campaigns that some of the russian special forces defected against the hardliners to go train and fight with the militas against Guba. And as little information the milita knew about the russians on there island... they KNEW that they were not on orders from centeral government. I know I am american. But its like telling me to make valentino rossi to buy and race suzuki. AWW!! Meow mad_o.gif

Iraqi forces also get stuff rom the us but still have AKsa nd T55s in use so i dont see why there should be absolutely no russian equipment.

They should have enough left over from the war.

Just my 2 cents smile_o.gif

hmm I wonder if your being alittle bias on the russian equipment there mr. RHS tounge2.gif