Sign in to follow this  
franze

Franze & NodUnit Present...

Oh,no I always use tga's and paa's......well I'm gonna get Franze waht I got so far of this rusted bucket and go pass out of the couch.... goodnight.gif

Okay,I decided to post a small sneak peak of the kiowa,as with the apache it has rivet detail too but its not as easy to see,reason being,not spit shine clean,in real life Kiowa's are frequently used and do not receive nearly as much maintinence as that of the apache,plus I got a bit tired of all the "super clean" helicopters in OFP,I wanted to make this one look like its seen some time.

You can also see its compliment of stingers,hellfires,50 cal and rocket pods (atleast one side) these are also all removable so you can fly around with no weapons.

dbnwd0.jpg

wow! amazing! smile_o.gif

man... i need to give you that info... seems that no one will wait for full info... wink_o.gif

i'll pm you soon...

intersting....but how bout some comparisons of it versus the bis kiowa? They look alike alot.

Alright,the Kiowa was one of the most correct helicopters BIS made,FACT,not opinion,from the side the differences are mostly in the face amount and the more detailed MMS biskiowa.jpg

fzkiowa.jpg

There is a noticable difference from the front view,for one the once again,more detailed MMS,then of course the cockpit area (where you can also see the tail segments) the gear and connected are more round and so on.

biskiowafrnt.jpgfzkiowafrnt.jpg

Perhaps the most noticable angle is in the 3D view,take a look and see for yourself

biskiowa3d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/xnodunitx/fzkiowa3d.jpg

Only modification to the last pic was the removal of stingers and such,leaving the rocket pods.

I also noticed a difference from the above view,for starts the nose on the FZ model is more round,another difference is the tail which is much thinner,the body "curves in" at a more noticable angle,the main rotors and again,the MMS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/xnodunitx/bisabove.jpg

]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/xnodunitx/fzabove.jpg]

There ya go,happy now?

EDIT: for the links that got screwed up your jus gonna have to manual click on them,I tried to fix em but its not wanting to act right.

uber yay.gif uber yay.gif uber yay.gif

Looking very good indeed! But I dont think you can have 2 weapons on 1 wing at the same time. The screenshot shows a cannon pod and a hellfire on the same wing. Ive never seen that before...

And for the auto hover, a ai pilot cannot be directed to fly insanely close to the ground or behind trees. When your the pilot you can only move the whole aircraft and view straight ahead with the MMS. So you'd have to move the aircraft to view other areas. But for instance on meh stick I have horizontal rudder control. But when I move it a little bit to the side when fully zoomed in the screen skips the target and ends up to far because you cannot input small enough control tweaks to keep it on target and the helo straight, level, behind the trees.

Understand huh.gif   Sry for bad english its hard to explain...

thumbs-up.gif Good job anyway guys, Im only trying to be constructive!

Lol ah no problem,though thats mostly in Franze's field,as for the model of the hellfire and 50 call thats part of the dynamic arming,basicly when you get near an ammo truck it swaps out the models and stuff along with them,basicly the models are with you the whole time but you cannot select nor see them,same goes with the apache cept it has alot more in weaponry.

Lol ah no problem,though thats mostly in Franze's field,as for the model of the hellfire and 50 call thats part of the dynamic arming,basicly when you get near an ammo truck it swaps out the models and stuff along with them,basicly the models are with you the whole time but you cannot select nor see them,same goes with the apache cept it has alot more in weaponry.

Tell me if I'm understanding correctly,your speaking of for one,the AI hovering above trees rather than below?

And the other would be the MMS optics how the gunners could move but pilots would have to stay straight ahead,similar to the PNVS on the AH-64 correct?

As for the zoomed in I'm guessing your speaking of how it seems to "jump"? nothin we can do about that as it would go against reality too,zoom a camera in close to something and then move it slightly,you'll see what I mean (especially when trying to video a helicopter)

Just correct me if I'm wrong I won't jump on ya tounge2.gif

EDIT: ah nuts,I hit back button 2 times and got to the "Add reply" rather than "edit" section banghead.gif

edit: oh yeah,currently were working on the 58D's cockpit,it will have the same attriutes the apache had,this means 3D switches,MFD's and so on and so forth.

cool you did understand me correctly and also have answered my question!

and about the AI flying

If your the gunner on a mission, so you can operate the MMS properly. You cannot set up the koiwa close to some trees and just behind them. Or use really low level flying to get to your observing point. Because the AI is generally a complete idiot as it comes to flying helicopters... So you could not tell him to fly between 2 bushes and then hold just behind the third. Pop up to view and then go down and turn arround and fly off again at very low level.

So operating the MMS can only be done properly in OFP in the pilot seat because otherwise you have to fly at 20 above the trees instead of inbetween them. And have the chance of crashing somewhere due to AI f*** up!

See and if you could fly the helo and then place it behind trees and then like use autohover. You then use the Q key to go straight up to unmask the MMS and view the area. Turning the MMS with the controls that are turned off because you've got autohover on. But its probally also due to engine limitations that you cannot hover and control a 360 turning MMS.

the MMS will not turn for the pilot,due to the engine limitation as you stated and the fact that it would usually mess with their flying,you can move it and such but you would also change your course.

The MMS works mostly for the gunners benefit,in third person you can see it moving around,up,down,sideways,whichever way ya want. The kiowa like the apache also has a certain missing object which causes you not to "collide" witht he tree tops,compare the fz apache to the bis apache in a normal ofp forest on Everon (or somethin like that) and you will see what I mean. If you want to see some of the interior of the MLRS model just look here http://www.mechmodels.com/mas....start=1 and scroll down (Ignore the camo scheme,its being redone)

Chances are Franze,Hellfire and I will have a promotional video showing the aspects and pluses of this Kiowa before its released. Also in the next week or so you might want to check in at the MASP website http://www.mechmodels.com/mas/ as I may post a picture of the cockpits here and there but only from a certain angle and MASP will get more updates following shortly.

Quote[/b] ]

intersting....but how bout some comparisons of it versus the bis kiowa? They look alike alot.

Key differences:

- MAS OH-58 is about 20% smaller than the BIS OH-58

- MAS OH-58 is about 200% more maneuverable than BIS OH-58

- MAS OH-58 can change loadout on the fly

- MAS OH-58 has a much larger optics zoom scale for both pilot and CPG

- Weapons are derived from code on the AH-64 for a similar amount of "oomph"

Quote[/b] ]

Looking very good indeed! But I dont think you can have 2 weapons on 1 wing at the same time. The screenshot shows a cannon pod and a hellfire on the same wing. Ive never seen that before...

That's because the screenshot is from Buldozer. All the weapons are modeled on the aircraft itself and hidden/unhidden depending on loadout in game.

Quote[/b] ]

And for the auto hover, a ai pilot cannot be directed to fly insanely close to the ground or behind trees...[snip] But when I move it a little bit to the side when fully zoomed in the screen skips the target and ends up to far because you cannot input small enough control tweaks to keep it on target and the helo straight, level, behind the trees.

The allievation we have for that is the widely variable zoom scale; you zoom out to a point where it's easy to make adjustments in flying and then zoom in.

Quote[/b] ]

See and if you could fly the helo and then place it behind trees and then like use autohover. You then use the Q key to go straight up to unmask the MMS and view the area. Turning the MMS with the controls that are turned off because you've got autohover on. But its probally also due to engine limitations that you cannot hover and control a 360 turning MMS.

You can also use freelook for that function as well. It's very difficult to control the helicopter and the MMS at the same time, even while the pilot only gets a static viewpoint.

You forgot about the 3D cockpit insturments and completely new and not just remade textures icon_rolleyes.gif

hmm...I wonder how many people are going to be complaining of crashes when this is released rofl.gif

Not much of a pic,just showing the progress, well I'm gettin tired and shtuff....I'm off for the time being... goodnight.gif quality loss to due how low I had to set jpeg quality so it would be below 100kb's

kiowa19nh.jpg

WHOAH COOL!!!

Looking really nice! But 200% more maneuverable then bis koiwa, but that could turn really fast. So dont make it turn like the BAS littlebird because its too much.

And some of the koiwas operating in iraq havent got the front door's on!

Its looking really nice! keep it up guys!

Ya thats a more later variant,there are 2 variants,early and late version,late has the modified landing skids and no doors and probably a few more things if we can find some diff's.

Looking really nice! But 200% more maneuverable then bis koiwa, but that could turn really fast. So dont make it turn like the BAS littlebird because its too much.

The OH-58, especially the D, is about equal, if not more, in agility to the OH-6. I'd have to ask my father as he's flown both types to get the lowdown on agility differences. But the key thing is the OH-58 has a very high rate of yaw.

Quote[/b] ]

And some of the koiwas operating in iraq havent got the front door's on!

The functionality is/will be there to remove the doors with a command.

We need to get that setobject tex thingy fixed,how can I fly a used helicopter with a blueprint part on the door?! tounge2.gif

Suggestion for the Kiowa, I'm not expert but my dad used to fly them in the US army in the 80's and he told me that the kiowa ussually just was equipped with Miniguns if anything. Hope that helps. Looks awesome!

Your Apache is the best sofar in game smile_o.gif

Just add nicer external textures - camo, dirt etc.

Your Apache's scripts/cockpit + MPIV's external textures =

IDEAL APACHE biggrin_o.gif

And some desert camo... smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Suggestion for the Kiowa, I'm not expert but my dad used to fly them in the US army in the 80's and he told me that the kiowa ussually just was equipped with Miniguns if anything. Hope that helps. Looks awesome!

That's probably for the OH-58A/B/C. OH-58D Kiowa Warrior armament, from all sources, list the Hellfire, Stinger, Hydra 70, and M296 50 cal as possible loadout types. I don't think they had any standards for the A/B/C. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Your Apache is the best sofar in game

Just add nicer external textures - camo, dirt etc.

Your Apache's scripts/cockpit + MPIV's external textures =

IDEAL APACHE

And some desert camo...

The textures are going to stay unless Nodunit redesigns them (and probably not at this time) with some new techniques he's learned.

I might see about redoing the apache textures but I wouldnt use MPIV's,for one the mapping,textures would be stretched like crazy and 2 their just too low resolution,meaning ya dont see much of anything but lines.

But thats further down the list,currently my main concern is the OH-58D's and the UH-60's,and some other classified things,the apache would take longer mostly because I would completely redo the textures,also for those who want to modify it to say get camo or somethin,my advice is DON'T,for the sake of your own sanity,when I started on it I was a complete newbie so many textures are stretched (mostly why I stopped on that Israeli variant for now).

follow MPIV's example and add different color variants.. IE: Black (very common to see these days) Olive Drab ( very common back in the older days) Desert (rare / fictional)