Sign in to follow this  
sputnik monroe

User Created Dynamic Campaigns?

I wasn't sure if this should be in suggestions or here. Since it's a question I figure here will do, if the answer is no then it should be in suggestions  wink_o.gif

There has been lots of talk about the dynamic campaign that will be the back bone of game 2. I was wondering, will it be possible for users to create such dynamic campaigns straight from the box using the editor?

If yes, will it be as simple as using a template and using drop down boxes, or will it involve lots of scripting?

Personally I hope it'll be a quick create campaign wizard type deal. For example you pick a map then select strategic victory zones (bases, cities, airfields), and place groups in the editor and edit their content with drop down boxes. Further example: you place a mechanized company in a town on the map. You then double click on it to change it's properties. By default it might say it's made up of BMP2s and squads of default infantry. You click on some drop boxes and switch out the default BMP2s with DKM BMP3s and replace the default infantry with RHS Infantry. Done and done.

I hope dynamic campaigns will be able to be made with fair ease, otherwise its going to end up like the current flashpoint- a crapload of addons but nothing to do with em. I am pretty sure there will be lots of scripting and such, but hopefully as you mentioned they will create a wizard/template to use for the scripting-challenged among us...like me whistle.gif

I was going to make the same topic to speculate what it will be like.

Will it include 24/h missions, or what kind of save/load system it will have...there`s so many questions about it.

Many freaky suggestions have become quite accurate when BIS revealed the dynamic campaign...

Well, about those user-made dynamic campaigns...

I think they`ll do something like this, to give/show us the whole potential of the game.

However, If it`s gonna be just click and play thing, It might loose a bit of it`s climate.

I would assume the editor would give you a way to make campaigns just like the main ones. I mean thoes huge dynamic campaigns that are totally persistent are really the corner stone of "game 2", and if we can't make our own... then we might as well stick with OFP qhwn it comes to makeing missions.

Perhaps the editor will let you specify where all the guys will start, what they wish to achieve, and a few other factors. Then the whole thing plays out randomly. Hopefully we get something along thoes lines.

It would be awesome to give that feature to such a great community.

I hope you can not only simulate a war between two great factions, but also guerilla warfare. Imagine Victor Troska Campaign or Dynamic Afghanistan really dynamic. xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]stakex Posted on July 24 2005,11:04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps the editor will let you specify where all the guys will start, what they wish to achieve, and a few other factors. Then the whole thing plays out randomly. Hopefully we get something along thoes lines.

Yeah, that would be nice.. Place some resources and build up the territories and bases like normal, set a basic command structure, and the goals, like you said, that 'they wish to achieve'. I wonder if objects could be given a 'significance' factor. Like on the bases or towns needing protection for the user's mission, the particular structures could have a greater strategic value added for the 'general' to work with when deploying the troops. Maybe if the objects' function was known to the 'general', it might be able to assign it's own priority??? hmm.. probably already a done deal.. whistle.gif

I'll stop rambling now..

goodnight.gif

what im thinking would be damn cool is when the WW2 mods start coming out for OFP2* think about it! some one makes a smaller scale version of eroupe, set up a dynamic campaign for the Axis and Allies and there posistions true to what it was like just before WW2 started and then watch a alternative version of WW2 play out based on your own actions and that of the AI biggrin_o.gif and plus with imrpoved physics and building destruction it be pretty intresting watching london being blitz crazy_o.gif

I hope it works a lot like enemy engaged series I mentioned earlier. Here is a description of how the campaign worked in that game. It's a very informative must read. Of course it wasn't perfect, but BIS is so they should be able to impliment features with out errors (IE no stalled ground advancement bugs).

http://www.razorworks.com/enemyengaged/ahguide/chapter_4.html