Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Radio Messages

Is there a way of putting radio .ogg files into your own missions without using the description file? Cause I can't figure it out.  huh.gif

I've tried putting .ogg files in the mission folder and getting them to play in game, but OFP can't find them, and I've seen radio files mentioned in the description file before.  confused_o.gif

do you mean radio messages from the original campaign or ,custom ones you have created ?

if you talking bout custom ones then ya gotta define them in the descript.ext.

the ones that are already in there i.e bis radio you just call them,

i.e bob say "eng33" etc.(not radio)

if you want a descript.ext making to define ya custom sounds. just leave there names here and ill put the text and you can paste to your folder.

I'm using the BIS sound "C02r02" to get the message that contact is imminent. I'm using an example description.ext and have changed the example sounds to C02r02, however, I gt a strange error, then a radio crackle sound. Any ideas? huh.gif

Could you possibly tell us what the error messege says or post a screenshot of it, it would be easier to help you then  smile_o.gif

Sure,

Quote[/b] ]No entry 'Users\Daniel\missions\Radio Test.Intro\description.ext/cfgradio/C02r01.title.'

Yeah I've seen that numerous times before, i think it's to do with the Stringtable, are you using one?

you sure that "C02r02" is correct ?

i tried and its not available. bob SideRadio "C02r02"

usually if its bis then you dont need to define again in descript ext

just a thought

Well, I used a better example from OFPEC, changed the name and its all working now. smile_o.gif

Solved biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]usually if its bis then you dont need to define again in descript ext

I have not once been able to get a sound file to play without a description. banghead.gif

lol

BIS campaign defintions will not load unless you are playing the campaign. So you will have to define the sounds again.

RED

Daniel @ June 20 2005,20:29)]Sure,
Quote[/b] ]No entry 'Users\Daniel\missions\Radio Test.Intro\description.ext/cfgradio/C02r01.title.'

you get that error very often, even with dialogg tools etc.

I mostly get rid of the automatic titles, make sure the description looks like this

class follainpanico

{

name = "follainpanico";

sound[] = {"follainpanico.ogg", db-0, 1.0};

titles[] = {0,};

};

lol i thought game and campaign was same my bad. i was thinking of the 18 meg of speach ambient sounds . etc. sorry.

still maybe useful to know smile_o.gif. i see sim never got any sound to play , maybe now ya can get some smile_o.gif