Sign in to follow this  
Metall

Bus

Hey, not too long ago i was searching ofp sites for some Russian bus addons. And i know there is the Ikarus bus and that other polish bus that have been released for a while but there is this other Russian bus which name i was searching for and i came across some site which i never saw before only when searching for the bus name where it showed a screenshot of that Russian bus which looked nearly done.

The bus is called "Liaz" and below that screenshot it said that (as far as i remember the creators name was sumthin like <Archangel>) when its finished ull be able to buy or stamp tickets or sumthin and sumthin about conductor and walk around in the bus while its moving more importantly.

But for the past half year or so i couldnt find that site again when searching the bus name or find the bus itself.

So if someone has any info on that Addonmaker or that Liaz bus more importantly (which colour was green and white on the screenshot) cause the bus looked nearly ready and i think it said it would be released soon or any other cool buses besides the ones i mentioned before please help and post info or links on that.

Also an addon request or suggestion if u wish.. The 2 Ikarus and 2 polish buses are well done on the outside, i mean the Ikarus on the outside looks just like it is in real life BUT i dont see why if its possible to make accurate "driver cockpits" for cars like ferraris and such why not make the accurate Ikarus driver cabin with real steering wheel at least and all the buttons to open doors for example cause ive seen it and it look interesting and it would give a real feeling of driving a long distance bus or sumthin. Now maybe buttons which open doors is too far but u can just make eye candy buttons and accurate to the real thing dashboard. I mean whoever made the Ikarus had the screenhots of outside of bus to make it and im sure there are inside photos too. cause man the original view for bus driver suck ass and ikarus one is nice and black and got all them buttoms and just a cool looking cabin.

And another thing, the model of Ikarus that was released is not a really widely used bus model (whether it be driving in hungary where it was made or russia or anywhere else). More widely used model is same looking Ikarus only it has a "tail" if u know what i mean. It has a black rubber sort of harmonica conenction between the 1st and 2nd part of the bus almost like a train wagon and when the front part of the bus starts turning the back part of the bus behind the "harmonica" follows like a snaketail almost. So theres ur ADDON REQUEST - plz make or update Ikarus from this polishbus1.jpg

to this pew_ik280.93w19_01_ma.jpg

It would also be new and interesting challenge for ofp addonmakes to make that tail work and turn appropriately and also to make at least a little bit accurate cabin dashboard like for example the truck and trailers addon has nice truck drivng feel couse it had nice (not totally finished) but nice realistic cabin and nice wheel  tounge_o.gif  

So please help me find info on what im looking for and i hope someone makes the addon requst/suggestion i made. peace  biggrin_o.gifwow_o.gif

Is it possible to make an articulated vehicle in Operation Flashpoint ? rock.gif Me thinks not, but I'm probably wrong.

i see only one problem: most modellers are already in a mod and have not time for other requests

i'd suggest make brsseb tutorial, he made a very good o2 tutorial which gives you a basic knowledge about o2 and by looking at other addons you can keep learning more and more, i fear that this might be the only solution sad_o.gif

Unless of course such a vehicle would be useful for a mod-specifically one which intends to cover a lot of civilian ground, like the Farmlands Mod, though I haven't heard much from them recently.

yeah but someone did make the Ikarus so someone needed it..but ok if making articulate vehicle is impossible (even though there is a train if that makes any sense) then what about the other 2 things that i posted besides the addon request?

I asked if someone or the makers of that Ikarus can update the "drivers cockpit" so to say because u know there is this this huge US truck with 2 big trailers and what adds to realism is that it has custom steering wheel and custom accurate to real thing dash board so if someone could update that Ikarus with real or similar Ikarus dashboard and cabin that would be amazing. And maybe option to open doors?

And another most important thing that u respectfully skipped lol was that i asked the following so if anyone can help plz with any info post it here.

what i asked was - Hey, not too long ago i was searching ofp sites for some Russian bus addons. And i know there is the Ikarus bus and that other polish bus that have been released for a while but there is this other Russian bus which name i was searching for and i came across some site which i never saw before only when searching for the bus name where it showed a screenshot of that Russian bus which looked nearly done.

The bus is called "Liaz" and below that screenshot it said that (as far as i remember the creators name was sumthin like <Archangel>) when its finished ull be able to buy or stamp tickets or sumthin and sumthin about conductor and walk around in the bus while its moving more importantly.

But for the past half year or so i couldnt find that site again when searching the bus name or find the bus itself.

So if someone has any info on that Addonmaker or that Liaz bus more importantly (which colour was green and white on the screenshot) cause the bus looked nearly ready and i think it said it would be released soon or any other cool buses besides the ones i mentioned before please help and post info or links on that. ty

wink_o.gif

i remember those old buses driving around here too (Estonia),finally they were all broken ;) , they were all replaced about 2 or 3 years ago

Well you could try and ask Vilas maybe? He's quite talented and makes a lot of buses like that. Also he's his own leader tounge_o.gif

Hey, not too long ago i was searching ofp sites for some Russian bus addons. And i know there is the Ikarus bus and that other polish bus that have been released for a while but there is this other Russian bus which name i was searching for and i came across some site which i never saw before only when searching for the bus name where it showed a screenshot of that Russian bus which looked nearly done.

So if someone has any info on that Addonmaker or that Liaz bus more importantly (which colour was green and white on the screenshot) cause the bus looked nearly ready and i think it said it would be released soon or any other cool buses besides the ones i mentioned above please help and post info or links on that. ty

Or try the guy that made that Articulated truck wink_o.gif

Vilas is the modeller of the Ikarus you hav pictured.

Vilas' Website

The articulated bus must be possible, it would involve adapting one of the existing trailer scripts, but making the skirts fit as the bus turned might be a tad tricky. As for this Liaz bus, I have no idea! With the suggestion of moving on the bus while in motion that is pretty revolutionary and I'm surprised someone has managed to keep it hushed up for so long (that is if its not all braggadocio!! wink_o.gif )

Well thats what it said, it said when released the maker says it will be possible to walk round the bus while moving and stamp tickets or sumthing like that..and the reason noone saw it is probably because noone but me typed in "Liaz" to search for that bus cause thats how i found it. I typed the name in and it took me to some site (it was no fancy ofp site, none of the ones regularly used) where i had to scroll down and there it was, the screenshot and saying release should be soon and the functions but then after a while i tried searching the same way but nuthing comes out anymore..i have also seen and heard of a double decker bus (2 floors)

SO The bus is called "Liaz" and below that screenshot it said that (as far as i remember the creators name was sumthin like <Archangel>) when its finished ull be able to buy or stamp tickets or sumthin and sumthin about conductor and walk around in the bus while its moving more importantly.

So if someone has any info on that Addonmaker or that Liaz bus more importantly (which colour was green and white on the screenshot) cause the bus looked nearly ready and i think it said it would be released soon or anyone knows of ANY other cool BUSES besides the ones i mentioned above please help and post info or links on that. ALSO please mind what i said about making the realistic or at least similar drivers cabin /dashboard for that Ikarus. Maybe open doors button with that pshhhhhhhhh sound would be possible.. ty wink_o.gif

After a swft scour of many a Flashpoint News Site, including the ones whose language I cannot speak, I have found no news of this mythical "Liaz".  Sure you didn't just imagine it, Metall?  tounge_o.gif   I joke, I joke...Hopefully someone will devote themsef to the making of buses for Operation Flashpoint-maybe make an Urban Transport mod?  We know we can have trains in the game now, so that means with a lot of tweaking you could have trams-then buses-then a little heli-bus service...Okay, getting a bit carried away there.

Metall, I'll keep looking for this Liaz, and hopefully it'll turn up.  Hopefully the modeller of the Ikarus is found too-I'll have to have a browse for him as well.

lol ok...the ikarus makers site is posted above (Vilas Website) and that bus WAS there man but like i said it disappeared lol but it looked nearly ready.. the way i found it is i typed "ofp liaz" in search engine and it took me to this 1 site but now not there no more smile_o.gif