Sign in to follow this  
Frantic

ArmedAssault Maps

so i wanna start a specific Mapmaker topic here!! smile_o.gif

so what i´ve heard and read here i think the game will be 100% compatible to ofp1 with all his addons and maps!

if thats true that would be really great and bring a lot of old ofp1 players back and maybe many new too! biggrin_o.gif

other intresting things r the script of the maps!

will they be similar to the current ofp1 ones!?

or is there a modulator for making the ofp1 maps working for ArmedAssault?

i hope the map editor will be a bit better then the one of ofp1! tounge_o.gif

i was able to make maps on it, but it would all be a bit easier with live seeing where and how u place objects! wink_o.gif

so i hope to start a nice discussion here and maybe get some nice answers for my questions!!

with best wishes

[MCY]Frantic.bay

i'll to rephrase it to make it even more precise:

a) are they any changes needed to current ofp1 1.96 missions related to ArA?

b) if yes plz give us a list (what was changed and in what way / to what)

no reason for BIS to already give infos by now, yet they should really do this 1/2 months before the release date.

the multiplayer community is also a very important part of the community and ArA would benefit a lot, if the content from ofp1 1.96 could be used from the start.

best regards

It would be great to know how JiP & coop will work out in mp. Are there any details available on how this will be implemented in a mission? Will there be a way to prohibit new players from joining a game during certain phases of the mission (allowing for reinforcements at a certain moments only instead of continously)?

Some more details would be appreciated!

It would be great to know how JiP & coop will work out in mp. Are there any details available on how this will be implemented in a mission? Will there be a way to prohibit new players from joining a game during certain phases of the mission (allowing for reinforcements at a certain moments only instead of continously)?

Some more details would be appreciated!

For Co-Op maybe only allow people to join if there are any AI left alive... Eg if you have some AI (Friendly or Enemy) running around allow new comers to take over from the AI's current position.

Death match who cares... let people come and go at will.

or even maybe just timed.. eg if mission goes for longer than 10 mins allow people who have waited to join. Don't know what type of missions this would be good for.

My 2.2293892838283092803820983234839748 cents biggrin_o.gif

I'd hope there would be an event handler that could be used to make a joining player control whatever unit you want, or put him into spectator mode etc...

My Guess:

Joining players can only jump into units that were left unassigned in the role selection screen. It only makes sense when you think about it. Even in that case, I can think of about a dozen ways to prevent/allow units to join.

And in regards to the reinforcement idea... hell, just make them WALK to the frontlines.... that'll be time-delay enough!

EDIT: You probably won't need an event handler. I'm going to bet that the init.sqs on the client kicks off the moment the new player joins. This is going to introduce a world of interesting side-effects to already designed missions.

That's what I was assuming - but having people walk? na, I'd rather have the possibility to let people spectate until they can join the players as reinforcements (good idea Kegetys). That way they don't get bored in the lobby but can't simply rush in as they want to.

hopefully there will be greater admin controls like in VBS 1 where missions can be edited on the fly.

as soon as he moans about walking you could write a motorbike into a nearby shed.